XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK] AT&T RUU_Evita_UL_Cingular_US-1.82.502 [Wi-Fi Fix!]

Tip us?

nugzo
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC View Post
Actually, I've had this phone for 3 weeks, and the WiFi issue has been a horrible problem since day one, which is why I was so excited about the AT&T update with WiFi fix. Of course other phones have glitches, too.

You mentioned a superpatch. From what I can tell, that converts an AT&T phone to a Rogers, but I already have the Rogers unit. Will it still work?

Thanks,
Peter
He also has one that converts to asian rom, which what i used since it was the newest update. After using that i had the same error as you but it worked from the bootloader.. So whats the deal with the rogers stock ruu, well i guess it isnt a ruu but i would look into installing that, however its done. Through recovery i guess...dunno on that one. If i were you that's what i'd be looking in to. restoring to stock and then trying this.

roscoejackson
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm not really seeing any difference with this update. I recommend holding off for the OTA.

There is some slight lag for me on homescreens and drawer. Not sure if that's any different from before. Also, my quadrant.scores dropped by a few hundred points.

joelszs
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Error 170 still. Any advice? I made sure to have the phone in debug mode, no adb processes running, and etc. The error implies that the exe file can't see my phone plugged in through the USB port.

Haven't rooted or anything.

Thanks!
Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Current Phone: AT&T Galaxy S3
Nexus 7 - 8 GB!
Desktop - Core i5 Sandy Bridge goodness
MacBook 2010
Previous: iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, Motorola Atrix,iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, HTC Tilt, Motorola Ming...

co.ag.2005
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Same here. I continually get Error 155.

I've tried:
Fastboot mode checked
Fastboot mode unchecked
Fastboot mode checked with USB debugging
Fastboot mode unchecked with USB debugging
Beginning with device in bootloader
Beginning by wiping device, then all above options
Using original build.prop
Using build.prop available earlier in this thread
Just about everything I can think of

Peter

P.S. My phone ultimately always reverts back to the way it was originally, however, with absolutely NO WiFi. WiFi simply does not work.

What I find particularly interesting is, now there is no Wi-Fi MAC address. It simply says Unavailable. I can't even revert back to the Rogers RUU. I downloaded it, but it won't install. The Rogers RUU is not an executable file. It's simply an image (well, a zip), which I put into the root of my SDCard, hoping that if I reboot into bootloader, it would automatically see the image file and re-install from scratch, but that doesn't happen. I also tried flashing it via fastboot update PJ83IMG.img, but that doesn't work, either. I get an error message every time.

At this point I simply want to install ANY RUU. (screaming) HELP!!!
You have to be in fasboot in boot loader mode (with the phone off, power + volume up). That's what worked for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Galaxy S5
iPhone 5c
iPad rMini

drawde40599
Old
Thanks Meter 1310

DONATE TO ME
Question hard buttons

Anyone notice that the hard buttons led don't always come back on right away after screen off?

djfrost40
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I have the updated ROME from ATTENDING and this root method still works. Loving this HTC One X

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bebolf
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawde40599 View Post
Anyone notice that the hard buttons led don't always come back on right away after screen off?
It only turns on when the phone detects low light

PeterGuru
Old
Thanks Meter 1138

DONATE TO ME
Default Tried it! No go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by co.ag.2005 View Post
You have to be in fasboot in boot loader mode (with the phone off, power + volume up). That's what worked for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Tried it, but still no go.

Peter

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugzo View Post
He also has one that converts to asian rom, which what i used since it was the newest update. After using that i had the same error as you but it worked from the bootloader.. So whats the deal with the rogers stock ruu, well i guess it isnt a ruu but i would look into installing that, however its done. Through recovery i guess...dunno on that one. If i were you that's what i'd be looking in to. restoring to stock and then trying this.
I tried virtually every method I know to use the Rogers RUU, but none would work. I'm stumped.

Peter
MODEL: ....Samsung Galaxy Note 3
VERSION: ..SM-N900W8 (Rogers - 32GB)
RECOVERY: .TWRP v2.7.0.0
ANDROID: ..4.4.2
ROM/BUILD: CM11-20140416-NIGHTLY-hlte
KERNEL: ...3.4.0-g972939c
RADIO: ....N900W8VLUCNB7

"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."

drawde40599
Old
(Last edited by drawde40599; 13th May 2012 at 07:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1310

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebolf View Post
It only turns on when the phone detects low light
R u sure? Cause I shut down screen put phone up to a light turn screen back on and they came on? And it only happens every once in a while . Is there a setting I didn't see somewhere to control this?

Edit!! Ur right I'm dumb sorry!! But is there a setting to keep on 100% of the time

nugzo
Old
(Last edited by nugzo; 13th May 2012 at 07:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
Tried it, but still no go.

Peter

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

I tried virtually every method I know to use the Rogers RUU, but none would work. I'm stumped.

Peter
I know these things are gonna start to sound trivial now but we gotta check the simple stuff..What's working for everyone else isnt for you..might be something simple.. Maybe try a different USB cable and different USB port? If on a desktop make sure the cable is plugged into the motherboard USB and not the front panel or a hub.. Maybe try a different computer all together..

Edit Maybe re-download the RUU? my first attempt finished with a 30mb file.... Obviously corrupt. Second download was fast and flawless..

The Following User Says Thank You to nugzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
at&t, fix, htc, one x, wifi