[ROM][GSM][LATAM RAZR] ICS 4.0.4 upgrade guide - "not so permanent now"

Tip us?

igorls1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlop View Post
when reciving a text msg the text comes with out contact name is that a bug and if it is, is there a way to fix it thanks is my only complaine from using this leak
I didn't had this problem, I can't really check this now (running t-mobile ics at the moment), but try changing some location settings and assisted dialing, as this build is localized to china...

dtrail1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
UPDATE: I managed to downgrade back to t-mobile 2.3.6 via RSD without any issues. I just modified the XML to prevent internal storage erasing. Important!
Hey OP,

I've read the whole thread and the OP carefully. And there is one question remaining: How did you downgrade from the german leak to 2.3.6?? I have to ask you because I tried everything (maybe I've forgot something) and had no success, even a bricked device which I could restore to the ICS leak without root. So please, tell me how you did it.

And by the way: If you install the leak using the "clean" way (without the chinese leak) you won't have any issues with the USB-storage.

igorls1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrail1 View Post
Hey OP,

I've read the whole thread and the OP carefully. And there is one question remaining: How did you downgrade from the german leak to 2.3.6?? I have to ask you because I tried everything (maybe I've forgot something) and had no success, even a bricked device which I could restore to the ICS leak without root. So please, tell me how you did it.

And by the way: If you install the leak using the "clean" way (without the chinese leak) you won't have any issues with the USB-storage.
it was downgraded to t-mobile 2.6.3 from the china ics leak (BL 0.7 to 0.6), i know about the clean way, but that's the point, this is impossible for latam devices (which is the whole point of this thread)

dtrail1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7126

DONATE TO ME
From china leak you can downgrade, but not from the german leak..

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
Every little cup of coffee will help! BIG THANKS to all who supported me in any way and this great community!! Without you this project probably have been dead already.
Using the cash for server (OTA, Web) and also for me personally as I don't have a job atm until m.o. August. As I'm spending a lot of time for this project, it's nice if I can earn a little with it.

Currently needed: 15,00 (to keep everything as is and safe me a lot of (re-)work. Otherwise, no worries)

And/or help me by registering here via THIS banner - and earn some BTC for yourself:

chrlop
Old
Thanks Meter 3
well this is my finding of the weird text bug. Here in puerto rico phone numbers star either 787 or 939. when text are entering they are entering like this 1 787 123 4567 since my contact is saved this way 787 123 4567 the text does not match my contact. if I add the 1 before when text enter it match my contact but if the call me the call enters like this 787 123 4567 and it dosen't match my contact. the only way around i found is save each contact like this 1 787 123 4567 and 787 123 4567. any toughs

igorls1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrail1 View Post
From china leak you can downgrade, but not from the german leak..

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
I understood now, but i'm almost there... I managed to make RSD ignore the signatures and flash old system and bootloader files, now I got some trouble with cdrom file, if I could find and RSD or SBF rom for the T-mobile ICS, not and OTA update maybe I could get this downgrade working...

One thing I didn't tried is to restore the original customer block before downgrade, very very risky!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlop View Post
well this is my finding of the weird text bug. Here in puerto rico phone numbers star either 787 or 939. when text are entering they are entering like this 1 787 123 4567 since my contact is saved this way 787 123 4567 the text does not match my contact. if I add the 1 before when text enter it match my contact but if the call me the call enters like this 787 123 4567 and it dosen't match my contact. the only way around i found is save each contact like this 1 787 123 4567 and 787 123 4567. any toughs
Can't figure out what's happening there... I'm in Brazil and i didn't had this type of issue.

dadoreverend
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi my razr is "the artic 3.0.5 kernel 2.6.35.7-g24431a2 version 651.167.20.xt910.retail.en.EU" if i try to install this ota i can have 4.0.4 localized in italian with full working system or i can brick my device? Toggles in notification area aren't unavalaible cause isn't a deodex system? Sorry for my very bad english!!!

Inviato dal mio XT910 con Tapatalk 2
Samsung galaxy s3 omega rom 44.2 android 4.2.1, acer iconia tab a500.

igorls1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Sorry, only english and chinese available... this ics leak has native notification area toggles. I wouldn't try directly from the artic rom, but it may work!

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

xlightwaverx
Old
(Last edited by xlightwaverx; 16th May 2012 at 01:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Do you have to do anything special to downgrade from the Chinese leak or can u just RSD/Fastboot back?

Thanks,

X
GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com
Member of the CrackTeam

CrackFlash in Real Time! | CrackFlasher.Com Developer Downloads

dadoreverend
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the answer, i'll wait for some rom multilanguage...
Samsung galaxy s3 omega rom 44.2 android 4.2.1, acer iconia tab a500.