Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Editing android.policy.jar

Tip us?

reactorcooler
Old
(Last edited by reactorcooler; 18th May 2012 at 03:15 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question Editing android.policy.jar

I'm using CM9 5/2 version currently and seeking for a key remap.

A key user experience of ICS is multitasking but the 2 second delay on home button prevents me from using this function of Recent Apps. So I start to remap my search button to ics recent apps.

1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1480887
[MOD][PORT]Search key to ICS recent apps for ICS Passion from Vibrant forum

2:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1450138
[HOWTO] Remap hardware button to ICS recent apps (which contains Java change instruction_

According to link2 I edited system/usr/keylayout/melfas_touchkey.kl and change search to recent apps, but it's not the ics style like long-press home button, it's gingerbread style recent apps. It seems to need some java change to support the change.

Among all the mods only link 1 make it work that search button->ICS recent apps. Link 1 provided excessive change and it mess the home button and power menu up. I deleted the key layout change part from Link 1 zip so the home button is fine, but how could I edit android.policy.jar in META-INF and system/framework?

Update May 17:
I finally decomplied the android.policy.jar into classes.dex, then I took out PhoneWindowManager.class and that's all I can see, can't edit it anymore.

Thanks
Galaxy note N7000- Stock unrooted 4.0.4, planning to go JB.

Samsung Infuse 4G- unofficial CM9 by entropy512

LG-G2x-used for three days with defective screen and camera before I return it- terrible terrible phone.

HTC P3300- from WM6.1

Thanks xda and all the developers!

reactorcooler
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Troubleshooted installation failure problem, I simply copied the android.policy.jar to replace my old one and it's not working well either.. of cource not, any good idea?
Galaxy note N7000- Stock unrooted 4.0.4, planning to go JB.

Samsung Infuse 4G- unofficial CM9 by entropy512

LG-G2x-used for three days with defective screen and camera before I return it- terrible terrible phone.

HTC P3300- from WM6.1

Thanks xda and all the developers!