Editing android.policy.jar

OP reactorcooler

13th May 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Nanning, GX
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
More
I'm using CM9 5/2 version currently and seeking for a key remap.

A key user experience of ICS is multitasking but the 2 second delay on home button prevents me from using this function of Recent Apps. So I start to remap my search button to ics recent apps.

1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1480887
[MOD][PORT]Search key to ICS recent apps for ICS Passion from Vibrant forum

2:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1450138
[HOWTO] Remap hardware button to ICS recent apps (which contains Java change instruction_

According to link2 I edited system/usr/keylayout/melfas_touchkey.kl and change search to recent apps, but it's not the ics style like long-press home button, it's gingerbread style recent apps. It seems to need some java change to support the change.

Among all the mods only link 1 make it work that search button->ICS recent apps. Link 1 provided excessive change and it mess the home button and power menu up. I deleted the key layout change part from Link 1 zip so the home button is fine, but how could I edit android.policy.jar in META-INF and system/framework?

Update May 17:
I finally decomplied the android.policy.jar into classes.dex, then I took out PhoneWindowManager.class and that's all I can see, can't edit it anymore.

Thanks
Last edited by reactorcooler; 18th May 2012 at 04:15 AM.
19th May 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Nanning, GX
Thanks Meter: 9

70 posts
More
Troubleshooted installation failure problem, I simply copied the android.policy.jar to replace my old one and it's not working well either.. of cource not, any good idea?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread