5,594,077 Members 46,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Themed+Modded AOKP][UPDATED NEWS!] ░⋮ AOKPCB R2.1 Beta 2 ⋮░ Circuit Boards!

Tip us?

bhu1
Old
Thanks Meter 4472

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sUsH667 View Post
i'm not such an expert, but how should a rom-maker do this if he builds from source? sync the source, check a list what is new in it and delete it? not build from latest source? or are all rom-makers doomed to do their roms with 7zip from the latest released official build by exchanging files?

don't get me wrong, i'm just interested, how what roman probably said, could be followed in real life.

anyway, thx for your suggestion and i will report it to the makers if i have time, because (AGAIN) i am not the maker, i made this thread to spread their work and have it it present in our sgs-forum, too, and to quote myself:

hope you understand,

greetz,

sUsH
We can just try not to sync daily so source won't be updated. But yeah, roman just asked it, if its not possible for some devs then that should be fine enough. Circuit boards are looking sexy in screenies btw.

The Following User Says Thank You to bhu1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

un.droid
Old
Thanks Meter 122
looks really good, thanks!

NVIDIA never again.

tmx87
Old
Thanks Meter 11
160 dpi works in your rom?

nziria
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmx87 View Post
160 dpi works in your rom?
i tried. system ui crash

wifi thetering not working for me,is it a know issue?

yonyss
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have a minor problem, internal memory is seen as usb storage and vice versa, has anyone this problem? the rest of all ROMs tested (and there are thousands) is the best.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

DPI is the best value of 182, everything works perfectly!

icpart
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonyss View Post
I have a minor problem, internal memory is seen as usb storage and vice versa, has anyone this problem? the rest of all ROMs tested (and there are thousands) is the best.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

DPI is the best value of 182, everything works perfectly!
I think this is not problem . For me that is made purposefully in the ROM to swap internal memory with external microSD and now we really have external BIG Memory without limitation of 6GB internal memory, because all programs used that memory for caching your data. Before long long time I have been searching for similar mod but without any luck so far. So personally for me this is a great function of this ROM with swapped SD card
Also I tried ROM at 200dpi and work well, only Play Store had problem with "incompatible" device. I will try ti fix these with patched PlayStore apk from another xda thread.

aakaashjois
Old
Thanks Meter 19
The ROM is so AWESOME! I was just wondering if I can flash the animation files like chaos revenge and twisted rubik on this ROM?
My Phone History

Sony Ericsson w200i --> Sony Ericsson w302 --> Sony Ericsson G700 --> Samsung Jet S8003 --> HTC Hero --> HTC Google Nexus One --> Samsung Galaxy S --> Samsung Galaxy S III

yonyss
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icpart View Post
I think this is not problem . For me that is made purposefully in the ROM to swap internal memory with external microSD and now we really have external BIG Memory without limitation of 6GB internal memory, because all programs used that memory for caching your data. Before long long time I have been searching for similar mod but without any luck so far. So personally for me this is a great function of this ROM with swapped SD card
Also I tried ROM at 200dpi and work well, only Play Store had problem with "incompatible" device. I will try ti fix these with patched PlayStore apk from another xda thread.
I do not care but my disadvantage to your advantage, thanks for the answer but seek a solution for me and not an advantage for you. I changed the play store and now works perfectly. Memory storage problem is the same

bvt-1
Old
Thanks Meter 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonyss View Post
I do not care but my disadvantage to your advantage, thanks for the answer but seek a solution for me and not an advantage for you. I changed the play store and now works perfectly. Memory storage problem is the same
Look here:

http://www.android-hilfe.de/3238444-post1453.html

First flash first zip in cwm, reboot, go again to cwm and flash second zip, reboot, done.
Now your memory is changed again, internal sd is internal sd, ext sd is extern sd ...

Getapa2talkt

remicks
Old
(Last edited by remicks; 14th May 2012 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 354

DONATE TO ME
To clear up a couple things:

This is not a port, we build natively for the SGS we just haven't had time to make threads for all 18 devices we build for.

About Glitch, from the changelog:

Added Glitch inline kernel building for SGS series phones (captivate/galaxys etc.)

Yes I do mention Glitch inline kernel building, I will GLADLY credit sixstringsg for this as he has been a big help in getting this ROM building correctly (you SGS owners get inline glitch building BEFORE it is in AOKP officially at all thanks to him) and he knows that I couldn't have got it started without his help.

And lastly, about what roman "said":

When I hear from roman himself that I should not be doing nightlies I will stop, until then it may be worth noting that I spend time in the Team Kang IRC channel EVERYDAY and am in constant contact with almost every member of Team Kang (who have all helped me in one form or another with this project at some point) and roman has NEVER said anything to me about this at all. We clearly note that the nightly builds are experimental and may have stuff broken in them, and ANYONE can build AOKP from the source tree at any time and put it out there for people to download.

That being said, I will try to keep an eye on this thread as best I can to help out with any issues you guys may have but we do build for 18 devices now and it can get a bit hectic at times trying to keep track of everything, so please bear with us while we try to get to everything we can

NOTE: Just talked to roman on IRC, he has no issues with us doing our nightlies at all. Nightlies will continue to be released as usual

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to remicks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aokpcb, remicks, scar45, sush667, team broccoli