5,605,187 Members 39,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][May 25th] CoreControl v1.4.2 [BETA] - Battery Profiles! - Root Only

Tip us?

boshot
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Already integrated it in my widgetsoid-bar
Working perfectly with Touch X-treme Rom.

de-sensed &. AOSP ICS Mod by geenyous

dhunzi10
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quick (stupid?) question. Does this stop the companion activity ? I mean, if I set it on 2 cores, will I only have 2 cores working ?
HTC One
Unlocked | S-OFF
Rom : Elegancia [Kit Kat 4.4]

HTC One X
Unlocked | S-ON
Rom : CyanogenMod [CM 10.1]

Phone history :
Nokia 5200 -> Nokia 5610 -> Nokia N95 -> HTC Desire -> Sony Xperia Play -> HTC HD7 -> HTC One X -> HTC One

jameslfc5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
This is an amazing idea, thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jonas2295
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunzi10 View Post
Quick (stupid?) question. Does this stop the companion activity ? I mean, if I set it on 2 cores, will I only have 2 cores working ?
Yes. Well half half
You have companion controlled by tegra itself so no access via Android.
But you can manage all other 4 cores

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

You want 20gb free cloud storage ?
use my referral link and you get them right away at copy.com !
Thanks!

wnp_79
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Nicely done. I'm giving it a full charge now to see how it fares over an average day on 2 cores. Can't notice too much performance difference running on 2 cores now!

In the same vein as brentett, and similar to the setCPU profiles, could you add dropping to 2 cores on battery %, temperature, charging on AC and time of day?

Charging on AC would be the most important for me. That's when this phone really cooks if I'm charging and using it at the same time. Seems to run slightly cooler playing Youtube on AC charge anyway. Every time I finish a journey after using car charger and sat nav, the phone is hot enough to cook eggs!

Meltus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 984

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp_79 View Post
Nicely done. I'm giving it a full charge now to see how it fares over an average day on 2 cores. Can't notice too much performance difference running on 2 cores now!

In the same vein as brentett, and similar to the setCPU profiles, could you add dropping to 2 cores on battery %, temperature, charging on AC and time of day?

Charging on AC would be the most important for me. That's when this phone really cooks if I'm charging and using it at the same time. Seems to run slightly cooler playing Youtube on AC charge anyway. Every time I finish a journey after using car charger and sat nav, the phone is hot enough to cook eggs!
I'll get round to coding this in at some point

At the moment, I've managed to get it to set the active cores when the phone boots. Just got a few tweaks to do and then i'll have an update out!

jeyml
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Will this work on 1.28 stock rom with root?

Meltus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 984

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyml View Post
Will this work on 1.28 stock rom with root?
Yes, it should do, provided the file is present.
If not, the fix in the OP apparently works, I've not had time to test it myself though.

jeyml
Old
(Last edited by jeyml; 16th May 2012 at 12:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Ok,just installed the app,after that it immediatly showed me that i am using 4 cores,i selected the option for 2 cores,app told me that now i am using 2 cores.I will fully charge my HOX tonight and i will se tomorow how it behaves.I also played a little Hambo and i didn't noticed any lag or anything like this...I will keep you posted.

EDIT:Just installed TegraStats and the app confirms that now i am using only 2 cores.

I only have one question,will this somehow affect my device?I mean,is there a posibility that this app may broke my device if i use only 2 cores?

Meltus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 984

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyml View Post
Ok,just installed the app,after that it immediatly showed me that i am using 4 cores,i selected the option for 2 cores,app told me that now i am using 2 cores.I will fully charge my HOX tonight and i will se tomorow how it behaves.I also played a little Hambo and i didn't noticed any lag or anything like this...I will keep you posted.

EDIT:Just installed TegraStats and the app confirms that now i am using only 2 cores.

I only have one question,will this somehow affect my device?I mean,is there a posibility that this app may broke my device if i use only 2 cores?
Nah, you said it yourself, it doesn't lag at all with 2 of the cores turned off, it doesn't really make any difference (apart from maybe improving battery life and stopping the overheating)!

UPDATE:
v1.2
Removed pointless code
Quite a few UI changes
Active Cores can now be set on boot (last one selected will be used).

Download attached to OP

Enjoy