[HOWTO] NEWB GUIDES To | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE/T.S. ODIN | INSTALL TWRP | ROOT |

Search This thread

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
THIS GUIDE AND OTHERS ARE LINKED FROM 1 STOP> | ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RECOVERIES | RADIOS | HOWTO's | &MORE

GUIDE TESTED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY SKYROCKET SG2 LTE: MODEL# "SGH-I727" FOR ATT & "SGH-I727R" FOR ROGERS.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME PHONE AS THE FIRST GENERATION SG2 I9100, FLASHING ANYTHING HERE FOR THE I9100 WILL HARD BRICK THE I9100

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, ALL ANSWERS ARE IN THIS THREAD, PM'S WILL BE IGNORED, SORRY.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS POST IT HERE OR IN THE Q&A FORUM.

TUTORIALS THAT WERE MOVED TO A SEPERATE THREAD:

WHAT YOU WILL FIND HERE:

• 1 . TUTORIAL: HOW TO RESTORE STOCK FIRMWARES USING ODIN - GB, ICS & JB.... A step by step tutorial

• 2. STOCK FIRMWARES - GB, ICS AND JB
  • 3. TROUBLESHOOTING ODIN

• 4. HOW TO ENTER INTO THE RECOVERY MODE

• 5. FACTS AND TROUBLESHOOTING ON FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARES

• 6. DOWNLOADS & LINKS
    THE ITEMS BELOW ARE NOW AT THE 1STOP STICKY
    • FIRMWARES - TWRP FLASHABLE
    • RADIOS/MODEMS
    • UTILITIES
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU PROCEED especially if your are a n00b, newb, newbie:
  • Newbie, newb, n00b or noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity.
IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, STOP!! AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTANT!

ODIN IS A WINDOWS PROGRAM FOR INSTALLING STOCK FIRMWARES AND RECOVERIES ONTO SAMSUNG PHONES.
NOTE: THIS METHOD IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS, FOR MAC'S YOU NEED TO USE HEIMDALL OR USE BOOT CAMP, I DONT HAVE A MAC SO I CANT HELP YOU THERE.
NOTE: MICROSOFTS INTERNET BROWSER SOMETIMES HAS ISSUES DL'ING "TAR.MD5" FILES, IF HAVING A MD5 ERROR USE GOOGLE CHROME/FIREFOX BROWSERS TO DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILES.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your devices, these methods have been proven to work, but sh*t happens!

I WILL REFER TO THE CUSTOM RECOVERY CALLED CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY AS "CWM" AND TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT AS "TWRP"

1. HOW TO RESTORE STOCK FIRMWARES

PEREQUISTE: DRIVERS FOR USB INSTALLED CORRECTLY. IF NOT INSTALLED USE EITHER USB DRIVERS FILES OR INSTALL KIES WHICH INSTALLS USB DRIVERS.
MAKE SURE KIES, ADB OR ANYTHING THAT HAS USB ACCESS LIKE VM'S ARE NOT RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND - CHECK WITH WINDOWS TASK MANAGER

DO NOT! CHECK "REPARTITION" IN ODIN! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! > -See Computer Sreen Pics Below-

• 1. GETTING PHONE INTO DOWLOAD MODE(aka odin mode):
    DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON FOR THIS PROCEDURE.
    Download mode is NOT the same as recovery mode
    • a. Remove and Reinsert the battery, have usb cable inserted to computer usb port but NOT to your phone until step (c).
    • b. ATT PHONES - Press and keep down both Volume Up and Volume Down keys simultaneously.
      ROGERS PHONES - Press and keep down only the Volume Down key.
      DO NOT RELEASE THE VOLUME KEY(S) UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO IN STEP (d)
    • c. While still holding the volume key(s) down insert the USB cable into your device.
      The phone will turn itself on when usb cable is inserted. * DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON *
    • d. When You see the screen warning you about installing a rom w/a yellow triangle RELEASE the volume key(s)
      attachment.php
    • e. 1ST PIC: Now press and release the volume "up" key, you should now be at the Download Mode screen w/odin recognizing your phone.
      2ND PIC: this is also download/odin mode - the screen will display this when odin or kies has failed/not completed a previous flash, flash the firmware again w/odin and/or read "section #3 troubleshooting odin" below
      1ST PIC >>
      attachment.php
      .... 2ND PIC >>
      attachment.php

• 2. Download the stock firmware of your choice - links in section "2. STOCK FIRMWARES" below
  • 3. Extract the stock firmware with 7-ZIP or winrar the contents of the stock firmware file (only 2 files , read section 2 below) to a folder.
    DO NOT CHANGE the name of the extracted MD5 file or else it wont install.
  • 4. Download Odin-1.85.zip , Extract the contents of odin-185.zip to a folder, within that folder start "Odin3 v1.85.exe" .

attachment.php

• 5. Prepare Odin: Check "auto-reboot" and UNCHECK ALL OTHER OPTIONS.
    Only Click "PDA" and navigate/select the firmware file you extracted in step #2, it will have a md5 extension.
    DO NOT! CHECK "REPARTITION" IN ODIN! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! SEE COMPUTER SREEN PICS BELOW.
    ON YOUR COMPUTER THIS IS WHAT YOUR SCREEN MUST LOOK LIKE WHEN YOUR PHONE IS IN DOWNLOAD MODE AND ODIN IS RECOGNIZING YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU HIT THE START BUTTON.

attachment.php

• 6. Click Start in Odin, it will flash the firmware, give it approx. 10mins. When its done flashing it will autoreboot the phone. Thats it, your done.
    ON YOUR COMPUTER THIS IS WHAT YOUR SCREEN MUST LOOK LIKE WHEN ODIN HAS FINISHED FLASHING YOUR PHONE

attachment.php

• 7. IF YOU HAD ERRORS OR PROBLEMS USING ODIN, GO TO SECTION #3 - "TROUBLESHOOTING ODIN"
  • 8. IF ODIN SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED THE FIRMWARE BUT ARE HAVING FIRMWARE ISSUES AND/OR HAVING BOOT ERRORS OR FORCE CLOSES:
    • BOOT INTO RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET AND WIPE BOTH CACHES(PARTITION AND DALVIK) THIS WILL WIPE PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED APPS AND SETTINGS.
    • IF STILL NOT RESOLVED REFLASH W/ODIN THE STOCK FIRMWARE AGAIN TO SEE IF ANY ISSUES ARE RESOLVED. ALSO READ SECTION #5 " TROUBLESHOOTING STOCK FIRMWARE"

2. STOCK FIRMWARES

THESE ARE UNMODIFIED STOCK FIRMWARE'S
THESE ARE EXACT COPIES OF ROGERS AND ATT STOCK FIRMWARE'S w/STOCK RECOVERY, RADIO, KERNEL, BLOATWARE AND ALL.
YOU CAN FLASH ANYONE OF THESE TO EITHER ATT OR ROGERS PHONES.
THE FILES WILL BE IN A ZIP FORMAT.
USE 7-ZIP OR WINRAR TO EXTRACT.
YOU WILL NOW HAVE 2 FILES UNZIPPED, ONE IS THE TAR FILE WITH A MD5 EXTENSION(do not change the name) WHICH YOU USE WITH ODIN, THE OTHER IS A DLL WHICH WE DONT NEED:
NEW: GOTO SAMMOBILE.COM/FIRMWARES ENTER I727 AS MODEL
YOU MIGHT NEED TO CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT B4 DOING THAT
CURRENT FILES LINKED FROM SAMMOBILE.COM:
NOTE: SOME FIRMWARES ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON SAMMOBILE SO IM HOSTING A FEW OF THEM AS NOTED BELOW:

3. TROUBLESHOOTING ODIN
READ ALL / DO ALL OF THE STEPS BELOW UNTIL PROBLEM IS RESOLVED
  • If Odin Shows An md5 Error: Unzip The Firmware Tar File Again And/Or Redownload The File Again
  • If The Phone Boots Into Any Rom, Make Sure Windows Can Transfer From And To Internal And External Sdcards To Rule Out Driver Issues
  • Does Kies Recognize Your Phone, Even If You Are On A Custom Rom Kies Will Recognize Your Phone, This Rules Out Driver Issues
  • Make Sure You Are In Download Mode On Your Phone
    If having trouble getting into dl mode try this>> take out the battery and leave it out. Plug the phone into the micro usb cable. Plug the USB end into your comp. Hold volume rockers down(either both or vol "-") and reinsert the battery
  • Make Sure Kies, Adb Or Anything That Has Usb Access Like Vm's Are Not Running In The Background or Running As A Service - Check With Windows Task Manager.
  • Disable Your Antivirus
  • Run Odin As Administrator
  • Restart Computer
  • Make Sure Battery Is Charged
  • Try Different Usb Port, Preferably The Rear Ones On Computer
  • Use Original Samsung Usb Cable, Or Try Different Cable But Still Oem
  • Try A Different Computer
  • Clean Phones Usb Port W/no Battery Installed
  • If You Tried All Of Above Tests And Phone Is Not Recognized By Your Computer You Then Have A Hardware Problem With The Phones Usb Port. Read this for possible fix - FIX FOR PHONES USB PORT
  • If Phone Boot Loops Or Enters Into Recovery Mode While Trying To Get Into Download Mode(and you are sure you followed above procedure and also did not touch the power button), You Could Have A Stuck Power Button. To Fix That Try To Repeatedly Keep Pushing The Power Button Hard To Try To Unstick It.
  • If Odin hangs at "Getting PIT for mapping" or giving a pit error - Read This Thread and post number 15 for solution

4. HOW TO ENTER INTO THE RECOVERY MODE:

ENTERING IN TO RECOVERY MODE IS THE SAME METHOD FOR BOTH ATT AND ROGERS PHONES
ENTERING IN TO RECOVERY MODE IS THE SAME METHOD FOR BOTH STOCK AND A CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP

1. Now turn off your phone, unplugged(might work plugged in)
  2. Press and keep both volume keys down
  3. Then press the power button while still holding down the volume keys
  4. When you feel the phone vibrate or see a logo on the screen, release the power button but not the volume keys.
  5. When screen goes black release the volume keys.
  6. Wait a few seconds to boot in to recovery
  7. You are now in recovery mode

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

5. FACTS AND TROUBLESHOOTING ON FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARES

NOTE: IF HAVING FIRMWARE ISSUES AND/OR HAVING BOOT ERRORS OR FORCE CLOSES - BOOT INTO RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET AND WIPE BOTH CACHES(PARTITION AND DALVIK) - IF NOT RESOLVED REFLASH THE STOCK FIRMWARE AGAIN TO SEE IF ANY ISSUES ARE RESOLVED.

IF UPGRADING OR DOWNGRADING, FROM USING KIES OR ODIN AND ARE EXPERIENCING LAG, FC, PERFORM A FACTORY RESET/WIPE FROM WITHIN RECOVERY, DOING SO YOU WILL LOSE YOUR APPS AND DATA SO PERFORM A BACKUP BEFORE YOU PROCEED, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE AS WHEN IT IS SHIPPED OUT.

YOU CAN USE THE TUTORIAL POSTED ABOVE TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE EVEN WHEN KIES FAILED DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS

THE ONLY REQUIREMENT TO USE ODIN IS THAT YOUR PHONE CAN ENTER INTO DOWNLOAD MODE AND YOUR COMPUTER RECOGNISES THE PHONE:
  • Does Not Matter If Your On A Stock Or Custom Rom Or If Phone Is Rooted
IF ON CUSTOM ROM:
  • Cwm/Twrp Does Not Wipe The Radio, Flash The Relevant Stock Radios Twice With Cwm/Twrp Before Proceeding. Links For Stock Radios Are In The Download Section
  • In Cwm/twrp Perform A full wipe >factory Reset, System, Partition And Dalvik Caches, Do That To All Of Them 2 Times Each.
  • If Performed Above Procedure You Could Also Reflash The Stock Firmware Again To See If Any Issues Are Resolved
DOWNGRADING FROM STOCK ICS BACK TO GB, A FACTORY RESET MUST BE PERFORMED EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER FLASHING THE FIRMWARE FROM RECOVERY
  • How To Get Into Recovery is Shown Above in Section 4.
UPGRADING FROM GB TO ICS, ICS TO JB DOES NOT WIPE YOUR APPS/SETTINGS:
  • Perform A Backup Just In Case
  • Will Lose Data If You Performed A Factory Reset Before Or After Upgrading
  • If Experiencing Lag Or Force Close Perform A Factory Reset From Within Recovery, But Then You Will Lose Your Settings And Installed Apps
FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARES ON ROOTED PHONES WILL LOSE ROOT

FLASHING SAMMOBILE STOCK FIRMWARES DOES NOT TRIP THE FLASH COUNTER.

FLASHING FIRMWARES DOES NOT WIPE YOUR SDCARDS, INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL: note: back them up just in case.

YOU CAN UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE AS YOU LIKE

STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH FIRMWARE - Ok try this:
  1. update twrp goto the recovery section in the 1STOP STICKY
  2. remove sim(eliminates sim card issues)
  3. remove external sdcard
  4. backup internal sdcard then format it
  5. then perform a full wipe: in twrp recoveryformat/wipe >both caches, data,system,android secure
  6. copy ucmc1 radio onto sdcard and flash it twice w/out cable plugged in
  7. then use odin to flash jb stock firmware x2.
  8. if still having issues after doing this then its some kind of hw failure, what hw failure idk but most likely emmc (memory) failure

6. DOWNLOADS & LINKS

MOVED TO THE 1STOP STICKY
STOCK FIRMWARES
RADIOS/MODEMS
UTILITIES

Attachments

• preodinmode.jpg
    preodinmode.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 41,401
  • odinmode.jpg
    odinmode.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 41,282
  • firmware_upgrade_encountered_an_issue.jpg
    firmware_upgrade_encountered_an_issue.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 41,578
  • odinsdtfwsm.jpg
    odinsdtfwsm.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 42,140
  • odincompletedsm11.jpg
    odincompletedsm11.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 41,986
  • 3erecoverysm.jpg
    3erecoverysm.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 41,629
  • PHILS_CWM_1.jpg
    PHILS_CWM_1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 41,674
  • TWRP.jpg
    TWRP.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 41,291
  • odin_extracted.jpg
    odin_extracted.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 62,890
Last edited:

hcyplr29

May 30, 2011
Sin City
Nice write up. I actually did this exact method yesterday. After installing AOKP my phone started doing some weird sheeit(and i lost my internal) so I flashed this to get back to stock and it works great. Plus ICS side is just bugging the crap out of me with the bugs, also I'm a flashaholic so I've been going back and forth anyways. Before I flashed CWM I did the software update to get to 2.3.6 UCLA3, then flashed CWM, backup, root and I'm back to bug free.....for now.....:) Nice to be able to do this without tripping the counter, k0nanes did, but he did save my arse more than once.

Reactions: dwest3784

mahausrath

Apr 9, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
Nice write up. I actually did this exact method yesterday. After installing AOKP my phone started doing some weird sheeit(and i lost my internal) so I flashed this to get back to stock and it works great. Plus ICS side is just bugging the crap out of me with the bugs, also I'm a flashaholic so I've been going back and forth anyways. Before I flashed CWM I did the software update to get to 2.3.6 UCLA3, then flashed CWM, backup, root and I'm back to bug free.....for now.....:) Nice to be able to do this without tripping the counter, k0nanes did, but he did save my arse more than once.

Aokp is alpha, non functioning internal is in the op. They're working on it. All you had to do is flash the backup you should of made (per the op)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Do u do factory reset in stock recovery or in rom privecy? After flashing tar?
"wipe data/factory reset" format and clear caches b4 u start." u would be doing this in cmw b4 u flash the stock firmware with odin, after odin flashes the firmware, odin will reboot ur phone for u, no need to wipe anything after flashing the stock firmware. i will add this to op

Last edited:

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Dang. can't fine the stock firm ware out on SamMobile anymore. Searched for "i727" and nothing. I'm a noob so any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

It's still there, just checked. Go to firmware tab, enter 727, at&t and rogers versions are the last two in the list, might have to scroll down.

Reactions: RPOZ28

CirAzrael

Mar 5, 2012
My phone seems to have developed some...quirks...that carry over between roms (problems with MMS, largely...)

Would restoring stock fix this?

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
If I was always stock (never installed modded roms) and would flash this stock 2.3.5 , will that appear in download mode counter ? I am now at zero..thanks

CirAzrael

Mar 5, 2012
Is there a way to reset the download mode counter? I must've screwed something up a while back, and I've got it at 1 right now.

Does that matter for anything other than warranty purposes?

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
If I was always stock (never installed modded roms) and would flash this stock 2.3.5 , will that appear in download mode counter ? I am now at zero..thanks
restoring to stock using my method does not trip the counter

Is there a way to reset the download mode counter? I must've screwed something up a while back, and I've got it at 1 right now.

Does that matter for anything other than warranty purposes

just for warranty

u can try this to reset http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575712

or restore to stock which should reset the counter, but i never tripped the counter myself so if someone can confirm or use search to find out, restoring to stock using my method does not trip the counter, so u can try it and c what happens

Last edited:
Reactions: xstokerx

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I definitely do all of that - though I'm using CWM Touch 5.8.1.3. Should I be using 5.5.0.4?
they should both b doing the same thing, u can try DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip, if anything is getting carried over i assure u ur not doing the full wiping or possably some apps r using ur sdcard(int or external) to auto restore their data, r u installing any apps upon flashing the stock

Last edited:
Reactions: xstokerx

CirAzrael

Mar 5, 2012
I've tried all of that, SD cards wiped, and just tried reverting to stock, so I guess that's not the issue either.

Color me frustrated.

That said, your stock revert advice was very helpful. :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS GUIDE AND OTHERS ARE LINKED FROM 1 STOP> | ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RECOVERIES | RADIOS | HOWTO's | &MORE

GUIDE TESTED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY SKYROCKET SG2 LTE: MODEL# "SGH-I727" FOR ATT & "SGH-I727R" FOR ROGERS.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME PHONE AS THE FIRST GENERATION SG2 I9100, FLASHING ANYTHING HERE FOR THE I9100 WILL HARD BRICK THE I9100

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, ALL ANSWERS ARE IN THIS THREAD, PM'S WILL BE IGNORED, SORRY.
    IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS POST IT HERE OR IN THE Q&A FORUM.

TUTORIALS THAT WERE MOVED TO A SEPERATE THREAD:

WHAT YOU WILL FIND HERE:

• 1 . TUTORIAL: HOW TO RESTORE STOCK FIRMWARES USING ODIN - GB, ICS & JB.... A step by step tutorial

• 2. STOCK FIRMWARES - GB, ICS AND JB
    • 3. TROUBLESHOOTING ODIN

• 4. HOW TO ENTER INTO THE RECOVERY MODE

• 5. FACTS AND TROUBLESHOOTING ON FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARES

• 6. DOWNLOADS & LINKS
      THE ITEMS BELOW ARE NOW AT THE 1STOP STICKY
      • FIRMWARES - TWRP FLASHABLE
      • RADIOS/MODEMS
      • UTILITIES
    PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU PROCEED especially if your are a n00b, newb, newbie:
    • Newbie, newb, n00b or noob is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity.
    IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, STOP!! AND FIND OUT WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTANT!

ODIN IS A WINDOWS PROGRAM FOR INSTALLING STOCK FIRMWARES AND RECOVERIES ONTO SAMSUNG PHONES.
    NOTE: THIS METHOD IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS, FOR MAC'S YOU NEED TO USE HEIMDALL OR USE BOOT CAMP, I DONT HAVE A MAC SO I CANT HELP YOU THERE.
    NOTE: MICROSOFTS INTERNET BROWSER SOMETIMES HAS ISSUES DL'ING "TAR.MD5" FILES, IF HAVING A MD5 ERROR USE GOOGLE CHROME/FIREFOX BROWSERS TO DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILES.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your devices, these methods have been proven to work, but sh*t happens!

I WILL REFER TO THE CUSTOM RECOVERY CALLED CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY AS "CWM" AND TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT AS "TWRP"

1. HOW TO RESTORE STOCK FIRMWARES

PEREQUISTE: DRIVERS FOR USB INSTALLED CORRECTLY. IF NOT INSTALLED USE EITHER USB DRIVERS FILES OR INSTALL KIES WHICH INSTALLS USB DRIVERS.
    MAKE SURE KIES, ADB OR ANYTHING THAT HAS USB ACCESS LIKE VM'S ARE NOT RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND - CHECK WITH WINDOWS TASK MANAGER

DO NOT! CHECK "REPARTITION" IN ODIN! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! > -See Computer Sreen Pics Below-

• 1. GETTING PHONE INTO DOWLOAD MODE(aka odin mode):
      DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON FOR THIS PROCEDURE.
      Download mode is NOT the same as recovery mode
      • a. Remove and Reinsert the battery, have usb cable inserted to computer usb port but NOT to your phone until step (c).
      • b. ATT PHONES - Press and keep down both Volume Up and Volume Down keys simultaneously.
        ROGERS PHONES - Press and keep down only the Volume Down key.
        DO NOT RELEASE THE VOLUME KEY(S) UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO IN STEP (d)
      • c. While still holding the volume key(s) down insert the USB cable into your device.
        The phone will turn itself on when usb cable is inserted. * DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON *
      • d. When You see the screen warning you about installing a rom w/a yellow triangle RELEASE the volume key(s)
        attachment.php
      • e. 1ST PIC: Now press and release the volume "up" key, you should now be at the Download Mode screen w/odin recognizing your phone.
        2ND PIC: this is also download/odin mode - the screen will display this when odin or kies has failed/not completed a previous flash, flash the firmware again w/odin and/or read "section #3 troubleshooting odin" below
        1ST PIC >>
        attachment.php
        .... 2ND PIC >>
        attachment.php

• 2. Download the stock firmware of your choice - links in section "2. STOCK FIRMWARES" below
    • 3. Extract the stock firmware with 7-ZIP or winrar the contents of the stock firmware file (only 2 files , read section 2 below) to a folder.
      DO NOT CHANGE the name of the extracted MD5 file or else it wont install.
    • 4. Download Odin-1.85.zip , Extract the contents of odin-185.zip to a folder, within that folder start "Odin3 v1.85.exe" .

attachment.php

• 5. Prepare Odin: Check "auto-reboot" and UNCHECK ALL OTHER OPTIONS.
      Only Click "PDA" and navigate/select the firmware file you extracted in step #2, it will have a md5 extension.
      DO NOT! CHECK "REPARTITION" IN ODIN! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! SEE COMPUTER SREEN PICS BELOW.
      ON YOUR COMPUTER THIS IS WHAT YOUR SCREEN MUST LOOK LIKE WHEN YOUR PHONE IS IN DOWNLOAD MODE AND ODIN IS RECOGNIZING YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU HIT THE START BUTTON.

attachment.php

• 6. Click Start in Odin, it will flash the firmware, give it approx. 10mins. When its done flashing it will autoreboot the phone. Thats it, your done.
      ON YOUR COMPUTER THIS IS WHAT YOUR SCREEN MUST LOOK LIKE WHEN ODIN HAS FINISHED FLASHING YOUR PHONE

attachment.php

• 7. IF YOU HAD ERRORS OR PROBLEMS USING ODIN, GO TO SECTION #3 - "TROUBLESHOOTING ODIN"
    • 8. IF ODIN SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED THE FIRMWARE BUT ARE HAVING FIRMWARE ISSUES AND/OR HAVING BOOT ERRORS OR FORCE CLOSES:
      • BOOT INTO RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET AND WIPE BOTH CACHES(PARTITION AND DALVIK) THIS WILL WIPE PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED APPS AND SETTINGS.
      • IF STILL NOT RESOLVED REFLASH W/ODIN THE STOCK FIRMWARE AGAIN TO SEE IF ANY ISSUES ARE RESOLVED. ALSO READ SECTION #5 " TROUBLESHOOTING STOCK FIRMWARE"

2. STOCK FIRMWARES

THESE ARE UNMODIFIED STOCK FIRMWARE'S
    THESE ARE EXACT COPIES OF ROGERS AND ATT STOCK FIRMWARE'S w/STOCK RECOVERY, RADIO, KERNEL, BLOATWARE AND ALL.
    YOU CAN FLASH ANYONE OF THESE TO EITHER ATT OR ROGERS PHONES.
    THE FILES WILL BE IN A ZIP FORMAT.
    USE 7-ZIP OR WINRAR TO EXTRACT.
    YOU WILL NOW HAVE 2 FILES UNZIPPED, ONE IS THE TAR FILE WITH A MD5 EXTENSION(do not change the name) WHICH YOU USE WITH ODIN, THE OTHER IS A DLL WHICH WE DONT NEED:
    NEW: GOTO SAMMOBILE.COM/FIRMWARES ENTER I727 AS MODEL
    YOU MIGHT NEED TO CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT B4 DOING THAT
    CURRENT FILES LINKED FROM SAMMOBILE.COM:
    NOTE: SOME FIRMWARES ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON SAMMOBILE SO IM HOSTING A FEW OF THEM AS NOTED BELOW:

3. TROUBLESHOOTING ODIN
    READ ALL / DO ALL OF THE STEPS BELOW UNTIL PROBLEM IS RESOLVED
    • If Odin Shows An md5 Error: Unzip The Firmware Tar File Again And/Or Redownload The File Again
    • If The Phone Boots Into Any Rom, Make Sure Windows Can Transfer From And To Internal And External Sdcards To Rule Out Driver Issues
    • Does Kies Recognize Your Phone, Even If You Are On A Custom Rom Kies Will Recognize Your Phone, This Rules Out Driver Issues
    • Make Sure You Are In Download Mode On Your Phone
      If having trouble getting into dl mode try this>> take out the battery and leave it out. Plug the phone into the micro usb cable. Plug the USB end into your comp. Hold volume rockers down(either both or vol "-") and reinsert the battery
    • Make Sure Kies, Adb Or Anything That Has Usb Access Like Vm's Are Not Running In The Background or Running As A Service - Check With Windows Task Manager.
    • Disable Your Antivirus
    • Run Odin As Administrator
    • Restart Computer
    • Make Sure Battery Is Charged
    • Try Different Usb Port, Preferably The Rear Ones On Computer
    • Use Original Samsung Usb Cable, Or Try Different Cable But Still Oem
    • Try A Different Computer
    • Clean Phones Usb Port W/no Battery Installed
    • If You Tried All Of Above Tests And Phone Is Not Recognized By Your Computer You Then Have A Hardware Problem With The Phones Usb Port. Read this for possible fix - FIX FOR PHONES USB PORT
    • If Phone Boot Loops Or Enters Into Recovery Mode While Trying To Get Into Download Mode(and you are sure you followed above procedure and also did not touch the power button), You Could Have A Stuck Power Button. To Fix That Try To Repeatedly Keep Pushing The Power Button Hard To Try To Unstick It.
    • If Odin hangs at "Getting PIT for mapping" or giving a pit error - Read This Thread and post number 15 for solution

4. HOW TO ENTER INTO THE RECOVERY MODE:

ENTERING IN TO RECOVERY MODE IS THE SAME METHOD FOR BOTH ATT AND ROGERS PHONES
    ENTERING IN TO RECOVERY MODE IS THE SAME METHOD FOR BOTH STOCK AND A CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP

1. Now turn off your phone, unplugged(might work plugged in)
    2. Press and keep both volume keys down
    3. Then press the power button while still holding down the volume keys
    4. When you feel the phone vibrate or see a logo on the screen, release the power button but not the volume keys.
    5. When screen goes black release the volume keys.
    6. Wait a few seconds to boot in to recovery
    7. You are now in recovery mode

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

5. FACTS AND TROUBLESHOOTING ON FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARES

NOTE: IF HAVING FIRMWARE ISSUES AND/OR HAVING BOOT ERRORS OR FORCE CLOSES - BOOT INTO RECOVERY AND PERFORM A FACTORY RESET AND WIPE BOTH CACHES(PARTITION AND DALVIK) - IF NOT RESOLVED REFLASH THE STOCK FIRMWARE AGAIN TO SEE IF ANY ISSUES ARE RESOLVED.

IF UPGRADING OR DOWNGRADING, FROM USING KIES OR ODIN AND ARE EXPERIENCING LAG, FC, PERFORM A FACTORY RESET/WIPE FROM WITHIN RECOVERY, DOING SO YOU WILL LOSE YOUR APPS AND DATA SO PERFORM A BACKUP BEFORE YOU PROCEED, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE AS WHEN IT IS SHIPPED OUT.

YOU CAN USE THE TUTORIAL POSTED ABOVE TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE EVEN WHEN KIES FAILED DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS

THE ONLY REQUIREMENT TO USE ODIN IS THAT YOUR PHONE CAN ENTER INTO DOWNLOAD MODE AND YOUR COMPUTER RECOGNISES THE PHONE:
    • Does Not Matter If Your On A Stock Or Custom Rom Or If Phone Is Rooted
    IF ON CUSTOM ROM:
    • Cwm/Twrp Does Not Wipe The Radio, Flash The Relevant Stock Radios Twice With Cwm/Twrp Before Proceeding. Links For Stock Radios Are In The Download Section
    • In Cwm/twrp Perform A full wipe >factory Reset, System, Partition And Dalvik Caches, Do That To All Of Them 2 Times Each.
    • If Performed Above Procedure You Could Also Reflash The Stock Firmware Again To See If Any Issues Are Resolved
    DOWNGRADING FROM STOCK ICS BACK TO GB, A FACTORY RESET MUST BE PERFORMED EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER FLASHING THE FIRMWARE FROM RECOVERY
    • How To Get Into Recovery is Shown Above in Section 4.
    UPGRADING FROM GB TO ICS, ICS TO JB DOES NOT WIPE YOUR APPS/SETTINGS:
    • Perform A Backup Just In Case
    • Will Lose Data If You Performed A Factory Reset Before Or After Upgrading
    • If Experiencing Lag Or Force Close Perform A Factory Reset From Within Recovery, But Then You Will Lose Your Settings And Installed Apps
    FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARES ON ROOTED PHONES WILL LOSE ROOT

FLASHING SAMMOBILE STOCK FIRMWARES DOES NOT TRIP THE FLASH COUNTER.

FLASHING FIRMWARES DOES NOT WIPE YOUR SDCARDS, INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL: note: back them up just in case.

YOU CAN UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE AS YOU LIKE

STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH FIRMWARE - Ok try this:
    1. update twrp goto the recovery section in the 1STOP STICKY
    2. remove sim(eliminates sim card issues)
    3. remove external sdcard
    4. backup internal sdcard then format it
    5. then perform a full wipe: in twrp recoveryformat/wipe >both caches, data,system,android secure
    6. copy ucmc1 radio onto sdcard and flash it twice w/out cable plugged in
    7. then use odin to flash jb stock firmware x2.
    8. if still having issues after doing this then its some kind of hw failure, what hw failure idk but most likely emmc (memory) failure

6. DOWNLOADS & LINKS

MOVED TO THE 1STOP STICKY
    STOCK FIRMWARES
    RADIOS/MODEMS
    UTILITIES
    "wipe data/factory reset" format and clear caches b4 u start." u would be doing this in cmw b4 u flash the stock firmware with odin, after odin flashes the firmware, odin will reboot ur phone for u, no need to wipe anything after flashing the stock firmware. i will add this to op
    My phone seems to have developed some...quirks...that carry over between roms (problems with MMS, largely...)

Would restoring stock fix this?
    ur not wiping correctly, use touch cmw to do a wipe data/factory reset, format- system, data and cache, and clear the caches, do that to all of them 3 times
    touch cmw http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472954&highlight=sk8erwitskils
    Good topic Vincom

Here's the direct links , no account required to access the files :

Stock at&t GB 2.3.5
    http://hotfile.com/dl/145854065/0a77172/I727UCKJ2_I727ATTKJ2_ATT.zip.html

Stock at&t ICS 4.0.4
    http://www.hotfile.com/dl/162779401/27c699c/I727UCLF6_I727ATTLF6_ATT.zip.html

Stock Rogers GB 2.3.5
    http://hotfile.com/dl/146339661/7644201/I727RUXKJ7_I727RRWCKJ7_RWC.zip.html

Stock Rogers ICS 4.0.4
    http://www.hotfile.com/dl/160454593/1074b70/I727RUXLF3_I727RRWCLF3_RWC.zip.html

Please update links in OP for convinience
    Thanks