ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

My rezound is broken in quite interesting way... any hopes of recovery?

OP rickyray9

14th May 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #1  
rickyray9's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 9
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
The Facts:
1. My rezound was dropped from approximately 1.5' and did not leave a dent when dropped. It had a protective case on at the time.
2. My rezound instantly stated that no SIM card was inserted. I fiddled with it and tried a friend's VZW SIM card, however, it still received the same message, and shows the disconnected icon in the top right corner.
3. the radio is good. I checked the radio by dialing 9-11 and hanging up upon hearing the first ring.

The Question:
Is this an issue that can be resolved without returning the device under factory warranty?
Last edited by rickyray9; 14th May 2012 at 08:08 AM.
14th May 2012, 08:25 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
I would say try applying light pressure around the outter edge of the phone, to see if it seperated somewhere...and also try a bit around the sim area....if that's no go...try a factory reset
14th May 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyray9

The Facts:
1. My rezound was dropped from approximately 1.5' and did not leave a dent when dropped. It had a protective case on at the time.
2. My rezound instantly stated that no SIM card was inserted. I fiddled with it and tried a friend's VZW SIM card, however, it still received the same message, and shows the disconnected icon in the top right corner.
3. the radio is good. I checked the radio by dialing 9-11 and hanging up upon hearing the first ring.

The Question:
Is this an issue that can be resolved without returning the device under factory warranty?

You called 911 to test your radio?
14th May 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos254

You called 911 to test your radio?

THIS!! What is wrong with people? In my area, 911 calls you back if you ring and hang up.

I would remove and reinsert and make sure the SIM card is inserted in the right direction (maybe better with your friends known working card). I know you said you checked this, but I have personally made the mistake of putting the SIM in the wrong way and then wondering for 30 minutes why the phone wouldn't detect the SIM card.
Last edited by isdnmatt; 14th May 2012 at 09:05 PM.
14th May 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #5  
nosympathy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,134
 
2,391 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos254

You called 911 to test your radio?

My first thought...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
14th May 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #6  
dogredwing1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 199
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos254

You called 911 to test your radio?

Have to be pretty ballsy to do that
cdexsw
14th May 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyray9

the radio is good. I checked the radio by dialing 9-11 and hanging up upon hearing the first ring.

Prank calling 911 is FELONY and punishable up to
a year or more and $10,000 fine for first offense depending on the state you reside in.

Accidental calling does happen and detectives do followup on those if determined to be related to other like ocurances. But in your case you proved it was no accident.

911 is for emergencies you douchebag and not for your testing pleasure!!

UPDATE: Fine is upto $25,000 & upto 3 years imprisonment for a first offense depending on your state. FCC can also file federal charges if call was placed by a mobile type device for first offense.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by cdexsw; 14th May 2012 at 10:04 PM.
14th May 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #8  
hopesrequiem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,052
 
2,758 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdexsw

Prank calling 911 is FELONY and punishable up to
a year or more and $10,000 fine for first offense depending on the state you reside in.

Accidental calling does happen and detectives do followup on those if determined to be related to other like ocurances. But in your case you proved it was no accident.

911 is for emergencies you douchebag and not for your testing pleasure!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. Im a firefighter and hate when dumb ass people **** with the system that emergency responders have in place. Dumb as hell. The op should wear a special Helmut around from now on

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
14th May 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #9  
leoingle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 14
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
wow. alot of butt hurting going on in here. it rang one time and he hung up. its not like they answered and then he hung up. and save ya'lls BS and crying at me. i'm a volunteer firefighter, so its not like i'm not involved in 911 calls. I'm also a telecom tech and make test calls to 911 to verify addresses. i'm guess i'm a douchebag for that. if a phone isnt setup for service correctly, then the only thing it will dial is 911. he had no other choice.
cdexsw
14th May 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoingle

wow. alot of butt hurting going on in here. it rang one time and he hung up. its not like they answered and then he hung up. and save ya'lls BS and crying at me. i'm a volunteer firefighter, so its not like i'm not involved in 911 calls. I'm also a telecom tech and make test calls to 911 to verify addresses. i'm guess i'm a douchebag for that. if a phone isnt setup for service correctly, then the only thing it will dial is 911. he had no other choice.

I worked in the EMS field as well and setup 911/emergency systems for cities and FEMA for many many years so its not hate and discontent. if you Work for a communications company and your are responsible for setting up and testing communication hardware and software then it is legal as long as a valid permit is in your or the company you work for posession.

What he did was not legal.....even if it only rang once and did not go through....it did get logged on the call server.

He had a choice....He could have called 611 to the carrier.....even a nonactivated phone can make this call. the carrier could have made a test call and/or data push to test the device, or he could have
call his device from his home phone/work phone. What he did was just stupid and childish....so ya most of us ems folks do take it seriously and if you are part of the community you should too....

Common sense if not so common these days.

But if he did not want to call verizon then post#2 is his best bet. Otherwise he should call verizon from his home phone

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by cdexsw; 14th May 2012 at 11:32 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes