My rezound is broken in quite interesting way... any hopes of recovery?

Search This thread

rickyray9

Oct 29, 2009
Reno, NV
The Facts:
1. My rezound was dropped from approximately 1.5' and did not leave a dent when dropped. It had a protective case on at the time.
2. My rezound instantly stated that no SIM card was inserted. I fiddled with it and tried a friend's VZW SIM card, however, it still received the same message, and shows the disconnected icon in the top right corner.
3. the radio is good. I checked the radio by dialing 9-11 and hanging up upon hearing the first ring.

The Question:
Is this an issue that can be resolved without returning the device under factory warranty?

Last edited:

bouchedag

Jun 9, 2009
I would say try applying light pressure around the outter edge of the phone, to see if it seperated somewhere...and also try a bit around the sim area....if that's no go...try a factory reset

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011
The Facts:
1. My rezound was dropped from approximately 1.5' and did not leave a dent when dropped. It had a protective case on at the time.
2. My rezound instantly stated that no SIM card was inserted. I fiddled with it and tried a friend's VZW SIM card, however, it still received the same message, and shows the disconnected icon in the top right corner.
3. the radio is good. I checked the radio by dialing 9-11 and hanging up upon hearing the first ring.

The Question:
Is this an issue that can be resolved without returning the device under factory warranty?

You called 911 to test your radio? :eek:

isdnmatt

Jan 30, 2007
You called 911 to test your radio? :eek:

THIS!! What is wrong with people? In my area, 911 calls you back if you ring and hang up.

I would remove and reinsert and make sure the SIM card is inserted in the right direction (maybe better with your friends known working card). I know you said you checked this, but I have personally made the mistake of putting the SIM in the wrong way and then wondering for 30 minutes why the phone wouldn't detect the SIM card.

Last edited:
C

cdexsw

the radio is good. I checked the radio by dialing 9-11 and hanging up upon hearing the first ring.
Prank calling 911 is FELONY and punishable up to
a year or more and $10,000 fine for first offense depending on the state you reside in.

Accidental calling does happen and detectives do followup on those if determined to be related to other like ocurances. But in your case you proved it was no accident.

911 is for emergencies you douchebag and not for your testing pleasure!!

UPDATE: Fine is upto $25,000 & upto 3 years imprisonment for a first offense depending on your state. FCC can also file federal charges if call was placed by a mobile type device for first offense.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Prank calling 911 is FELONY and punishable up to
a year or more and $10,000 fine for first offense depending on the state you reside in.

Accidental calling does happen and detectives do followup on those if determined to be related to other like ocurances. But in your case you proved it was no accident.

911 is for emergencies you douchebag and not for your testing pleasure!!

Agreed. Im a firefighter and hate when dumb ass people **** with the system that emergency responders have in place. Dumb as hell. The op should wear a special Helmut around from now on

leoingle

Jan 21, 2007
Texas
wow. alot of butt hurting going on in here. it rang one time and he hung up. its not like they answered and then he hung up. and save ya'lls BS and crying at me. i'm a volunteer firefighter, so its not like i'm not involved in 911 calls. I'm also a telecom tech and make test calls to 911 to verify addresses. i'm guess i'm a douchebag for that. if a phone isnt setup for service correctly, then the only thing it will dial is 911. he had no other choice.

C

cdexsw

wow. alot of butt hurting going on in here. it rang one time and he hung up. its not like they answered and then he hung up. and save ya'lls BS and crying at me. i'm a volunteer firefighter, so its not like i'm not involved in 911 calls. I'm also a telecom tech and make test calls to 911 to verify addresses. i'm guess i'm a douchebag for that. if a phone isnt setup for service correctly, then the only thing it will dial is 911. he had no other choice.

I worked in the EMS field as well and setup 911/emergency systems for cities and FEMA for many many years so its not hate and discontent. if you Work for a communications company and your are responsible for setting up and testing communication hardware and software then it is legal as long as a valid permit is in your or the company you work for posession.

What he did was not legal.....even if it only rang once and did not go through....it did get logged on the call server.

He had a choice....He could have called 611 to the carrier.....even a nonactivated phone can make this call. the carrier could have made a test call and/or data push to test the device, or he could have
call his device from his home phone/work phone. What he did was just stupid and childish....so ya most of us ems folks do take it seriously and if you are part of the community you should too....

Common sense if not so common these days.

But if he did not want to call verizon then post#2 is his best bet. Otherwise he should call verizon from his home phone

Last edited:

nnnnr14

Apr 19, 2012
Lagrange
www.youtube.com
Y'all chill out that's the first thing he thought of. I know it's bad but I called but said that my phone accidentally called due to the 911 shortcut you people are blowing it way out of proportion. G'd lay off!

Sent from my ReZound using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

LunaticSerenade

Nov 26, 2008
Columbus
Okay, so the point has been made that test calling 911 is not cool. I think its clear.

+1 on that, btw.

I'm curious to know if the apply pressure deal fixed the issue. Any update?

P.S. flaming is bad...even if it is for a legit cause.

EtherBoo

Jun 22, 2008
Give this guy a break and help him out. My first phone used to butt dial 911 every so often because it wouldn't lock and holding the 9 button would dial 911.

I'm sure I caused mass havoc and the Army was called in. Relax, not everybody needs to make a case as to why it wasn't cool, we get that.

On that note OP, can you connect to 3G? Also, is there any reason you can't go to a store and have them look at it (rooted/rom/etc.)?