Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Display / AirPlay / Android Transporter

Tip us?

christian.koestlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefak View Post
Will this be available this year? And will it connect to computers too?
As the protocol is rtsp you can also connect it to a computer. the setup is a little less plug and play ... but it works. (the latency with a default player like vlc although is a little higher).
The Following User Says Thank You to christian.koestlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keb00
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Great job very usefull!!!
After: Google Nexus S - I9023 Black - Android AOSP 4.3
Now: LG Nexus 4 - Android AOSP 4.4.2

reaper_07
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thumbs up Great Concept!

Great job guys. You have an amazing concept in the pipeline.

The latency looks really under control & i'm sure you guys will be able to make greater advancements.

Also, i'm a big fan of the "Star Trek" beam sound!

P.S: This is the article which got me to this thread & to your website:

http://myandroidchief.com/share-cont...d-transporter/
The Following User Says Thank You to reaper_07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idan_mo
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
sounds amazing!
will glad to see in in play store.
Mobile App Developer
-------------------------------------------------
LG Nexus 4
Apple iPhone 5

fongwe
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Great !

How far is it? it seem not over 10 cm. right?
The Following User Says Thank You to fongwe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

christian.koestlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongwe View Post
Great !

yeah ... for the video we placed the mobiles right beside each other. but as long as the wifi-connection between the devices is good enough to hold the traffic you will be fine!
The Following User Says Thank You to christian.koestlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yousefak
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongwe View Post
Great !

Whoops, accidentally thanked you.

Sent from my Evo 3D on Sprint's blazing fast 3G network with 4G coverage everywhere

christian.koestlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Android Transporter for Nexus-S Image

Please check http://esrlabs.com/android-transporter/ again! We have updated the post with links to the Nexus-S image. Right now you need two (2) Nexus-S Phones to play with the android transporter.

!This is still a work in progress! Use at your own risk!

yousefak
Old
(Last edited by yousefak; 2nd June 2012 at 01:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.koestlin View Post
Please check http://esrlabs.com/android-transporter/ again! We have updated the post with links to the Nexus-S image. Right now you need two (2) Nexus-S Phones to play with the android transporter.

!This is still a work in progress! Use at your own risk!
This is great! Sadly I don't have 2 unlocked nexus s devices but it's nice to see that people who do can try this!

Did you have to make many system wide changes or was it editing and adding a few files to make it work?

By the way, would you mind if this post got publicity? I could get a lot of people to see it from a forum that has thousands of readers and is sorted by up/down "votes." I'm sure this will get a lot of interest and thus up votes to reach the front page and get a good number of people to see it.

(The website is www.reddit.com/r/android)

Of course, I can wait until you have the finished project and then post it or post this and the finished project.
Also do you have a donation page? I've really been wanting this for a while and my only way to repay would be with a donation... I am however broke but my birthday is coming up and I might be able to scrap like $20 to donate.
The Following User Says Thank You to yousefak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

christian.koestlin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Spreading the word on reddit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefak View Post
This is great! Sadly I don't have 2 unlocked nexus s devices but it's nice to see that people who do can try this!

Did you have to make many system wide changes or was it editing and adding a few files to make it work?

By the way, would you mind if this post got publicity? I could get a lot of people to see it from a forum that has thousands of readers and is sorted by up/down "votes." I'm sure this will get a lot of interest and thus up votes to reach the front page and get a good number of people to see it.

(The website is www.reddit.com/r/android)

Of course, I can wait until you have the finished project and then post it or post this and the finished project.
Also do you have a donation page? I've really been wanting this for a while and my only way to repay would be with a donation... I am however broke but my birthday is coming up and I might be able to scrap like $20 to donate.
Hi,

some more publicity would always be great.

Actually we had to adapt some core components of the android platform (e.g. the surfaceflinger, which is used to compose the different surfaces together). The encoding/decoding is almost done with the original code (just minor changes).

It would be really great, if you could post this (or perhaps the esrlabs-post) on reddit, just to see if there is some interest in this. As we want to open-source this project, this would also be a good chance to get in touch with people who have a deep knowledge with OMX on nexus-s or galaxy nexus, as most of our problems seem to be in this context. We are hoping to be able to push out some more updates in the near future, but I think our current release is already interesting for people who want to experiment

thanks in advance!

Tags
airplay, cm9, nexus-s, wifi display