Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Note Flip Cover

OP Aryana90

18th May 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
Holy moly, in my opinion that "lizard"-style leather is ugly!

Thanks for your answer, everybody who loves this leather style will love this case too! But that's nothing for my sense of style.

If they produced this flipcase with "normal smooth" leather...

Anyways, I'm waiting for my blue flip case from Hongkong which is already on its way to me. Hopefully that's good quality, than it's perfect for me.
Last edited by Aryana90; 18th May 2012 at 11:43 AM.
18th May 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryana90

Holy moly, in my opinion that "lizard"-style leather is ugly!

Thanks for your answer, everybody who loves this leather style will love this case too! But that's nothing for my sense of style.

If they produced this flipcase with "normal smooth" leather...

Anyways, I'm waiting for my blue flip case from Hongkong which is already on its way to me. Hopefully that's good quality, than it's perfect for me.

link please
21st May 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_asleep

link please

Sorry for the late reply, just saw your answer.

This is the one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/blue-front-l...item2a1b525d75
(available in some colors)

I can hardly wait!

squicky suggested it on the previous page, seems you have read this over.
21st May 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 9

78 posts
Quote:

Sorry for the late reply, just saw your answer.

This is the one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/blue-front-l...item2a1b525d75
(available in some colors)

I can hardly wait!

squicky suggested it on the previous page, seems you have read this over.

thanks
25th May 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Wow, it just arrived. Unbelievable fast, I thought I would be very lucky if I get it next Friday.

My first thoughts are very positive: It fits perfect and feeld high quality.

The Flip gives a good protection, it's very strong. The battery cover is a bit thicker than the original one, so it protects the camera lense but doesn't make the phone bulky.

Two little disadvantages: It smells quite bad, but I believe in a week the stink is gone. And the back is very smooth, even a bit slippery. The plastic texture of the original had more grip, but it the aluminium looks simply great. So that's ok.

I'm very happy with it!
Last edited by Aryana90; 25th May 2012 at 02:01 PM.
25th May 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squicky

Now I just have to think about if I take this one or the one suggested in the kick stand thread.
Yup, the one from Anymode looks really nice. But you will probably have to wait a few days or maybe weeks until it's available outside Korea (or you can try buy it from their website, I don't speak Korean so I can't help you with that). And it won't be cheap as I suppose it won't be less than $50-$60 without shipping.

UPDATE:
Here you go (URL REMOVED)
(I don't if the the seller is trustworthy, it's for you to decide)

But this case actually makes the phone a few millimeters thicker, so you should think again what's your priority. High quality looks or phone slimness.

Congrats on your case!

I am not sure if the seller is trust worthy either, but does anyone know if the
Anymode Case Galaxy Note Stand Folio Case Series from ExportPrive would work on the SGH-I717 or is it just for the International Note?

Edit:
Also Found it on Amzon for $85

Edit 2:
Ater some google-fu on the case and exportprive, I went ahead and ordered it. Apparently the case is made for the Japanese model of the Galaxy Note, so it does have the NFC antenna on the battery cover of the case (I have the SGH-i717) . The only foreseeable downfall I see is that it doesn't snap on properly, that would hurt. But for $63 including shipping, I say it is worth the risk considering I fell in love with the anymode case at&t sells, but thought it was to pricey for a brick&motor store to sell. Now I will get a kick stand plus earpiece cut out! Will update when I receive it.
Last edited by megamanexent; 26th May 2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Order it.
30th May 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 46

370 posts
More
"Genuine" Samsung flip cover
Hello Friends.

I intend on purchasing a genuine Samsung flip cover (white) for my Galaxy Note (ceramic white).

I had a look on Amazon UK and for illustrative purpose I have posted the link below.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Flip...8410191&sr=8-1
The product is Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note - Blue by Samsung. Considering it has by Samsung displayed on the link, is it safe to presume it is a genuine Samsung product?

I ask the above because the Samsung UK website does not have any cases/covers listed under the Accessories category.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/m...es/accessories

31st May 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #18  
Retired Moderator
Witch Space
Thanks Meter: 57

5,782 posts
@Aryana90 do you mind posting some pics of the cover on your phone? Is it a replacement back cover, like the "genuine" cover?

The genuine cover (in YLNdroid's post) is a lovely fit, but probably isn't great for long term use, a lot of people complain that it wears out quickly. But it only adds about 1.5mm to the phone, so that's very attractive.

V
The Following User Says Thank You to vijay555 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Yes, it is a replacement back cover. I think it adds not more to the phone than the original cover, but seems to be better quality. And looks amazing in blue!

I try to make some pictures this evening and will post it here.
1st June 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 46

370 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay555

The genuine cover (in YLNdroid's post) is a lovely fit, but probably isn't great for long term use, a lot of people complain that it wears out quickly.

So is it inadvisable to purchase the "genuine" flip cover advertised on the Amazon UK link I mentioned in my previous post?

Quote:

Yes, it is a replacement back cover. I think it adds not more to the phone than the original cover, but seems to be better quality. And looks amazing in blue!

I try to make some pictures this evening and will post it here.

Aryana90, is the said cover you purchased as good as the "genuine" one? Does it have Galaxy Note inscribed on the front and Samsung inscribed on the rear?
If so, where can I get one in white colour? I have a ceramic white Galaxy Note.

I apologise for sounding a bit too paranoid perhaps! With all due respect, I do not want a sub-standard case/cover for my Galaxy Note.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread