[DEV][BETA][PREVIEW] TWRP 2.2 Recovery for NT

14th May 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,393

1,523 posts
Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG (for 2.2.0):
- On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
- Name new backups and rename existing backups
- Rename files and folders in the file manager
- Pseudo-terminal emulator
- Support decrypting an encrypted data partition on Galaxy Nexus (enter password using keyboard)
- Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
- Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
- Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
- Improved zip install compatibility
- Updated update-binary source code
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

ORIGINAL POST (from May):

This is a work in progress.

TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) 2.1 by TeamWin is an alternative recovery (instead of ClockworkMod) that is a good companion for Goo Manager. See this video for more info.

This is an experimental, mostly untested build of TWRP2 for entertainment purposes only. USE OR ATTEMPT TO USE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. It is intended for those who are willing to risk any and all damage, loss, and STD infection to their hardware, data, person, and associates resulting from this software. Do not attempt to use unless you understand and accept these risks.

Please note this is using the still-being-developed 3.x kernel.

I am including the raw .imgs which can be fastbooted or used on an SD (rename recovery.img.sdcard to recovery.img and put on SD in place of the existing version). Which I don't recommend doing of course, given the disclaimer above. Remember I don't have an NT so I haven't run this... ever.

Finally, this has not at all been put through any kind of paces. That's for you, assuming all the risks, to do. And report it back here for everyone's benefit.

Thanks to dees_troy, eyeballer and demetris_I & frustro for testing this. I'm busy the next few days, so I'm volunteering demetris_I, who has it running, to answer anyone's questions per his availability

twrp-2.1-nt-2012-05-17E-fullofbugs.tar.gz

History

6/12/12 - updated first post.. No binaries yet.. Can someone make one?

5/17 -
Updated 3.0 kernel to support new 512GB NTs (untested)
Updated twrp codebase to latest
Newer cm9 stuff as well

5/17B&C
Use cmdline from u-boot.bin to determine max ram size.
fix device showing up as "B" to "NookTablet"

5/17D&E
I can't remember. But it's betterer.
Last edited by fattire; 12th July 2012 at 10:04 PM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag The land of no-iPhones
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,106 posts
More
Has anyone successfully flashed this yet? And can anyone offer up the steps in a more-in-depth way?

Sent from my Team A CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet
15th May 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer

1,523 posts
Thumbs up Well... there's always update.zip
I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing if you've installed fastboot to your computer, this should work:

1. boot into cyanoboot and choose Fastboot from the menu.

2. On your computer, navigate to where recovery.img is and enter into the terminal

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Or... maybe someone could whip up a quick update-twrp2-nt-2012-5-14.zip maybe?

I guess that someone might as well be me. This is intended for use with an existing cwm recovery. This will flash to emmc...maybe.

update-twrp-2.1-nt-2012-05-14-fullofbugs-emmc.zip
MD5: 337269fa77017150325d398216a6dd3c

Thoroughly and completely untested. I really don't know if it will even install, and if it does, if it will work. See all disclaimers above, plus make up some additional ones yourself.

Edit: See below about a possible issue with possible difficulties accessing the external SD card. Internal /emmc seems to work consistently. Looking into it, but if you want to help debug this, that would be much appreciated. Just knowing what works or doesn't work and log samples (dmesg via adb) would be great.
Last edited by fattire; 15th May 2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: better instructions
The Following User Says Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #4  

1,106 posts
More
Will this completely replace CWM as the recovery? Or will it run alongside. Anything else I should be aware if before I try to flash (do it on a fresh rom install, will I be able to restore from a backup if something goes wrong etc etc...)

15th May 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 6,943

2,380 posts
Donate to Me
More
It will replace cwm.
Rom doesnt matter , they reside in different partitions.
Cyanoboot is all you want if anything goes wrong or/and CWM/TWRP from sd card so you can dd the recovery.
Last edited by Demetris; 15th May 2012 at 04:45 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demetris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer

1,523 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer

Will this completely replace CWM as the recovery? Or will it run alongside. Anything else I should be aware if before I try to flash (do it on a fresh rom install, will I be able to restore from a backup if something goes wrong etc etc...)

Should replace it completely. I say should because if you do this with the update.zip, you will be the first one to try it.

Oh, Mister_Argent is trying it on IRC...
15th May 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Elmhurst, IL
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
More
The Zip seems to work! Android boots fine, and it's entirely possible to get into TWRP via Cyanoboot. This might just be me, but the terminal seems to lock up...
Last edited by Mr. Argent; 15th May 2012 at 05:03 AM.
15th May 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #8  

1,106 posts
More
Oh hey argent, so the zip works? And is it worth my time to change from CWM to TWRP?

15th May 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer

1,523 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStormer

Oh hey argent, so the zip works? And is it worth my time to change from CWM to TWRP?

There may be issues with selecting the external SD card... not sure what the deal is. I believe demetris_I checked this out previously, but you can use the internal (/emmc) one though until this is worked out/confirmed one way or the other.

Note: if anyone is good at verifying/debugging, post any relavent dmesg stuff + what your theory is on the issue
Last edited by fattire; 15th May 2012 at 05:45 AM.
15th May 2012, 05:51 AM   |  #10  

1,106 posts
More
So we can still flash stuff through emmc?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acclaim, twrp 2.1 nook tablet
Previous Thread Next Thread