OP Reevine

14th May 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 113

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know there is some activity on the One X forums for getting S-OFF but has anyone heard of S-OFF progress for One S?
Last edited by kurniawan77; 30th June 2012 at 01:06 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reevine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,670

3,047 posts
More
Nope.
15th May 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviewers

Nope.

Damn. Well I wonder when this will happen. Suspect not for a while considering that HTC hasn't even released One S kernel yet.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium
15th May 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 94

698 posts
I hope One X progress can be applied to One S... Just hope.

Desde el móvil con Tapatalk...
15th May 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 121

598 posts
More
People have been attempting to contact HTC and letting them know that they are in breach of the open GPL compliance act by not releasing the kernel source, which would allow s-off (I think, that's what I get from it..)
See this thread for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629933

They're pretty much saying it will be out in 90-120 days. Don't get why it takes so long when the one x and one v both got it already, but I'm assuming they have some kind of reasoning for it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
Last edited by tgtoys; 15th May 2012 at 12:51 AM.
15th May 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #6  
Flag North Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 210

1,223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgtoys

People have been attempting to contact HTC and letting them know that they are in breach of the open GPL compliance act by not releasing the kernel source, which would allow s-off (I think, that's what I get from it..)
See this thread for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629933

They're pretty much saying it will be out in 90-120 days. Don't get why it takes so long when the one x and one v both got it already, but I'm assuming they have some kind of reasoning for it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

I'm not sure that Kernel Source will do anything for S-Off as the kernel is not part of the HBoot. Unless Kernel Source also includes a new S-Off HBoot, which I doubt it. To obtain S-Off an exploit (like with the Sensation) will need to be found or an HTC signed HBoot that provides S-Off.

Kernel Source will allow custom kernels with speed tweeks, OC/UV, OTG, etc. etc.
15th May 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setzer715

I'm not sure that Kernel Source will do anything for S-Off as the kernel is not part of the HBoot. Unless Kernel Source also includes a new S-Off HBoot, which I doubt it. To obtain S-Off an exploit (like with the Sensation) will need to be found or an HTC signed HBoot that provides S-Off.

Kernel Source will allow custom kernels with speed tweeks, OC/UV, OTG, etc. etc.

What I meant was I hoped HTC released S-OFF HBoot after the kernel sources were released. I doubt they would release a signed HBoot before the kernel.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium
18th May 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
For those who are interested on getting S-OFF there is a current petition that is requesting this for all HTC devices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RZWmc6MQ#gid=0

Give your name to the document if your interested.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reevine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 238

257 posts
Donate to Me
Signed, I've no idea why they can make the bootloader unlocked but not give S Off, what other harm would it do, we already invalidate the warranty.
18th May 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroprobe

Signed, I've no idea why they can make the bootloader unlocked but not give S Off, what other harm would it do, we already invalidate the warranty.

Exactly. That's why its being requested. All they would have to do would release a signed HBoot with S-OFF for each device. Or provide a universal tool. Either way would work for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread