Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Tip us?
 
Reevine
Old
(Last edited by kurniawan77; 30th June 2012 at 12:06 PM.)
#1  
Reevine's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 220
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Uji-shi, Kyoto

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

I know there is some activity on the One X forums for getting S-OFF but has anyone heard of S-OFF progress for One S?

_______________________________________________

My Devices:

HTC Glacier: MyTouch 4G

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reevine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reviewers
Old
#2  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1670
Posts: 3,046
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Nope.

Newest & Current Beastly Device:
T-Mobile Galaxy S 5 → Stock 4.4.2 ROM by Samsung
Galaxy Tab 10.1 → 4.0.4
 
Reevine
Old
#3  
Reevine's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 220
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Uji-shi, Kyoto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviewers View Post
Nope.
Damn. Well I wonder when this will happen. Suspect not for a while considering that HTC hasn't even released One S kernel yet.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

_______________________________________________

My Devices:

HTC Glacier: MyTouch 4G

 
PeQuEsan
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 687
Join Date: Nov 2010
I hope One X progress can be applied to One S... Just hope.

Desde el móvil con Tapatalk...
 
tgtoys
Old
(Last edited by tgtoys; 14th May 2012 at 11:51 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 577
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
People have been attempting to contact HTC and letting them know that they are in breach of the open GPL compliance act by not releasing the kernel source, which would allow s-off (I think, that's what I get from it..)
See this thread for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629933

They're pretty much saying it will be out in 90-120 days. Don't get why it takes so long when the one x and one v both got it already, but I'm assuming they have some kind of reasoning for it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
Main Android Devices
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 PacManRom 4.3.1
HTC One M8 Team Viper Sense
Google Nexus 4 SlimKat

Other Gadgets
Google Chromecast
MetaWatch Frame FW 1.5.3 / MWM Official
Sony LiveView

Retired (Still got 'em)
HTC One S Team Viper Sense
Acer Iconia Tab A500 CM10 Thor JB 4.2.2
HTC HD2 Tytung CM10.1
HTC G1
 
setzer715
Old
#6  
setzer715's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 1,202
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgtoys View Post
People have been attempting to contact HTC and letting them know that they are in breach of the open GPL compliance act by not releasing the kernel source, which would allow s-off (I think, that's what I get from it..)
See this thread for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629933

They're pretty much saying it will be out in 90-120 days. Don't get why it takes so long when the one x and one v both got it already, but I'm assuming they have some kind of reasoning for it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
I'm not sure that Kernel Source will do anything for S-Off as the kernel is not part of the HBoot. Unless Kernel Source also includes a new S-Off HBoot, which I doubt it. To obtain S-Off an exploit (like with the Sensation) will need to be found or an HTC signed HBoot that provides S-Off.

Kernel Source will allow custom kernels with speed tweeks, OC/UV, OTG, etc. etc.
LG G2 - CM11
Nexus 5 - PurityROM
Nexus 10 - PurityROM
Nexus 4 - My Son is using it running PurityROM
TMO SGSIII - CM10.1
HTC One S - Sold
TMO SGSII - Sold
Sensation 4G - Sold
MT4G - Got a new one! Stock 2.3.5 with root.
Nexus One - CM9!
Vibrant - Let in-law use it. Just wasn't cutting it for me.
MyTouch3G Slide - Returned
MyTouch 3G - Sold
G1 - Sold
 
Reevine
Old
#7  
Reevine's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 220
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Uji-shi, Kyoto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by setzer715 View Post
I'm not sure that Kernel Source will do anything for S-Off as the kernel is not part of the HBoot. Unless Kernel Source also includes a new S-Off HBoot, which I doubt it. To obtain S-Off an exploit (like with the Sensation) will need to be found or an HTC signed HBoot that provides S-Off.

Kernel Source will allow custom kernels with speed tweeks, OC/UV, OTG, etc. etc.
What I meant was I hoped HTC released S-OFF HBoot after the kernel sources were released. I doubt they would release a signed HBoot before the kernel.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

_______________________________________________

My Devices:

HTC Glacier: MyTouch 4G

 
Reevine
Old
#8  
Reevine's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 220
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Uji-shi, Kyoto

 
DONATE TO ME
For those who are interested on getting S-OFF there is a current petition that is requesting this for all HTC devices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RZWmc6MQ#gid=0

Give your name to the document if your interested.

_______________________________________________

My Devices:

HTC Glacier: MyTouch 4G

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reevine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zeroprobe
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 237
Posts: 257
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Signed, I've no idea why they can make the bootloader unlocked but not give S Off, what other harm would it do, we already invalidate the warranty.
 
Reevine
Old
#10  
Reevine's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 220
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Uji-shi, Kyoto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroprobe View Post
Signed, I've no idea why they can make the bootloader unlocked but not give S Off, what other harm would it do, we already invalidate the warranty.
Exactly. That's why its being requested. All they would have to do would release a signed HBoot with S-OFF for each device. Or provide a universal tool. Either way would work for me.

_______________________________________________

My Devices:

HTC Glacier: MyTouch 4G


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes