FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

220 posts
Thanks Meter: 113
 
By Reevine, Senior Member on 14th May 2012, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th May 2012, 12:30 AM |#21  
Reevine's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviewers

Contact Revolution/JuoPenutBear

Do you happen to know their email? I couldn't find any info on their site.
 
 
20th May 2012, 01:18 AM |#22  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,694
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevine

Do you happen to know their email? I couldn't find any info on their site.

Nope.
To contact Juo click here
20th May 2012, 03:42 AM |#23  
onerikeronebridge's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what differentiates being rooted, having the bootloader unlocked, and s-off?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
20th May 2012, 05:05 AM |#24  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,694
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onerikeronebridge

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what differentiates being rooted, having the bootloader unlocked, and s-off?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

With S-OFF you can flash kernels in recovery and flash modems.
With bootloader unlocked/ S-ON it blocks you from flashing kernels in recovery and flashing modems
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reviewers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 05:30 AM |#25  
onerikeronebridge's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviewers

With S-OFF you can flash kernels in recovery and flash modems.
With bootloader unlocked/ S-ON it blocks you from flashing kernels in recovery and flashing modems

So you have root access but no ability to flash without s off?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
20th May 2012, 05:54 AM |#26  
jriv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Princeton,MN
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onerikeronebridge

So you have root access but no ability to flash without s off?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

You can flash roms and stuff u have to flash kernels as boot.img it just makes everything harder with s on.

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jriv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 06:00 AM |#27  
Reevine's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onerikeronebridge

So you have root access but no ability to flash without s off?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Well you can flash with S-ON but it usually has to be done through ADB/fastboot on your computer. S-OFF gives you read right access to the devices NAND flash memory. It allows you to mount all partitions including /system in write mode while the OS is running. You can flash unsigned boots, HBoot images, permanently root your device, ect. You essentially have more control over your device. Gives you almost complete access to everything at any time.
Last edited by Reevine; 20th May 2012 at 08:51 AM.
20th May 2012, 07:38 AM |#28  
raikesy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
You could have a chat with the Revolutionary guys on Freenode IRC (#revolutionary)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
20th May 2012, 08:31 AM |#29  
Reevine's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Uji-shi, Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikesy

You could have a chat with the Revolutionary guys on Freenode IRC (#revolutionary)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Yah I might just have to do that.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium
20th May 2012, 10:56 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Stupid question,
What does S-off actually provide us?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
20th May 2012, 11:57 AM |#31  
Opentang's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajones123

Stupid question,
What does S-off actually provide us?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Read the previous posts ^^

Sent from my HTC One S

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes