FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

27th May 2012, 03:17 PM |#81  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,693
 
Donate to Me
More
Sent from my Ville using XDA
 
 
27th May 2012, 06:12 PM |#82  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle

Hboots are signed.. Thats why it worked,

Try to make a hboot, Modify it and then flash it..

It will fail dramatically

Well, you can flash anything you want to the hboot partition even if its not signed, as Reviewers demonstrated (it'll fail at boot). The signature is checked on boot, not when you're writing to the partition. (That may be what you're trying to say, I dunno) But I knew that when I was flashing and make sure it was signed first. The signature appears to be in the header of the hboot image, just below the versioning information.
Last edited by Adam5400; 27th May 2012 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam5400 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 06:31 PM |#83  
Senior Member
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Is it that little progress bar thing on the right top corner every time it boots? I don't remember seeing that on previous HTC devices. @reviewers, did you get that s-off hboot?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
27th May 2012, 06:33 PM |#84  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,693
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avataranjie

Is it that little progress bar thing on the right top corner every time it boots? I don't remember seeing that on previous HTC devices. @reviewers, did you get that s-off hboot?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

No. It has nothing to do with it.
I didn't get the S-OFF HBoot he haven't been on Google Talk.
27th May 2012, 07:10 PM |#85  
Closed Source Project's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 359
 
Donate to Me
More
Guys, I'm sure I'm misplaced but I want to help as much as possible. Back on my HTC Nexus One, we achieved a custom S-OFF known as Blackrose. Here is the thread if you want to check it out or contact the dev and see if s/he can help in any way possible:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1270589

Again, I am sorry if this helps none; just throwing something else out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Closed Source Project For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 07:36 PM |#86  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,023
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam5400

Well, you can flash anything you want to the hboot partition even if its not signed, as Reviewers demonstrated (it'll fail at boot). The signature is checked on boot, not when you're writing to the partition. (That may be what you're trying to say, I dunno) But I knew that when I was flashing and make sure it was signed first. The signature appears to be in the header of the hboot image, just below the versioning information.

You explained it better than me yes.. Thanks !

This isnt gonna be an easy job, But im sure its gonna happen soon..

Id be lying if i said i knew anything about it... Im my mind its easy lol, Just refer to a similar device, But my head is one massive fairytale land.

I have faith in the devs !! so keep trying and trying !! it will pay off soon
27th May 2012, 08:00 PM |#87  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,693
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle

You explained it better than me yes.. Thanks !

This isnt gonna be an easy job, But im sure its gonna happen soon..

Id be lying if i said i knew anything about it... Im my mind its easy lol, Just refer to a similar device, But my head is one massive fairytale land.

I have faith in the devs !! so keep trying and trying !! it will pay off soon

Azzle PM me I have to tell you something good ;)
28th May 2012, 01:45 AM |#88  
Skyman1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle

Im my mind its easy lol,

Good Luck!!!!!!
28th May 2012, 06:23 PM |#89  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,693
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm gonna check to see if this thread can be stickied.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reviewers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2012, 12:52 AM |#90  
encho's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviewers

I'm gonna check to see if this thread can be stickied.

Why? This is a discussion thread, when we actually have real s-off we can have a new one with clear instructions in the first post. And in the dev section.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes