Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did you find this thread helpful
Yes 17 70.83%
Somewhat 2 8.33%
NO 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

[Help Thread] Ask any question, you will get an answer.

Tip us?

BladeZero
Old
(Last edited by BladeZero; 16th May 2012 at 06:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 249
Default [Help Thread] Ask any question, you will get an answer.

Hey this is the new version of the previous thread called ask me anything, I have the answer http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1654996
PLEASE POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE FROM NOW ON!!!
You will be able to find guides as well as any other help you will need in the android department,
Ask anything!!!
PS. Please rate this thread in the poll
If you found my post helpful hit THANKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KEEP IT ANDROID!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BladeZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaxman
Old
(Last edited by chaxman; 15th May 2012 at 12:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I've put myself in a bit of a hassle. I think I accidentally flashed the wrong ROM through Odin into my i9000 when being very stressed out, since I couldn't be reached while at work because of a boot loop.

Luckily I got saved by the fact that the OS still boots, thus allowing me to enter recovery or download mode using ADB.

But, I can't enter recovery or download mode using the three button combo anymore, seeing as my current ROM is performing too bad I'm now afraid to flash a new one. If I get stuck in a boot loop now I wouldn't know at all what to do.

TL;DR: What can I flash into my phone using Odin to make the three-button-combo functional again?

EDIT: Would "[ODIN] DarkyROM 10.2 Resurrection GT-I9000" work for me?

Cheers

BladeZero
Old
(Last edited by BladeZero; 2nd June 2012 at 12:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 249
Heres the links for how to install and root gingerbread 2.3.3 jvk
Download JVK http://www.multiupload.nl/1DFDXTO27I and extract it.
Go to this page for a guide on how to install http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to...-instructions/
Download odin http://www.multiupload.nl/VRM4PMTM10 ignore the pit files
Install the rom

To root it use this guide http://www.theandroidsoul.com/rootin...-for-galaxy-s/
and download this file http://<br /> download.chainfire.eu/....1-CWM3RFS.zip (root link is different to the one in artical as chainfire brought out newer versions)

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE.

If you like my posts hit thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KEEP IT ANDROID!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaxman
Old
(Last edited by chaxman; 15th May 2012 at 02:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1nst0n View Post
Heres the links for how to install and root gingerbread 2.3.3 jvk
Download JVK and extract it.
Go to this page for a guide on how to install
Download odin ignore the pit files
Install the rom

To root it use this guide
and download this file
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE.

If you like my posts hit thanks

My phone is already rooted and temporarily using CM9, but will flashing these files provide me with the correct firmware? And by firmware I mean which ever software is on a level low enough to handle key presses before boot.

Thanks

EDIT: From what I've read, it appears as the reason I can't enter download mode probably is because I don't have a primary bootloader. I'll try to flash the version with bootloader included.

BladeZero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxman View Post
My phone is already rooted and temporarily using CM9, but will flashing these files provide me with the correct firmware? And by firmware I mean which ever software is on a level low enough to handle key presses before boot.

Thanks

EDIT: From what I've read, it appears as the reason I can't enter download mode probably is because I don't have a primary bootloader. I'll try to flash the version with bootloader included.
Yeah it will do that, but u will have to root again that y there a root guide as well

KEEP IT ANDROID!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BladeZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaxman
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yeah it will do that, but u will have to root again that y there a root guide as well

I ran into another issue. I can't reboot to Download mode because I can't connect via ADB. I have USB debugging checked but it still won't show up in ADB. "su, reboot download" in Terminal Emulator doesn't do anything either. I have no clue what to try next.

BladeZero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
I ran into another issue. I can't reboot to Download mode because I can't connect via ADB. I have USB debugging checked but it still won't show up in ADB. "su, reboot download" in Terminal Emulator doesn't do anything either. I have no clue what to try next.
Hmm, so u can't boot into download mode using 3-button combo, if u have root on ur phone download mobile Odin, I haven't used it before but It may be your last hope.

KEEP IT ANDROID!!!!!!

chaxman
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hmm, so u can't boot into download mode using 3-button combo, if u have root on ur phone download mobile Odin, I haven't used it before but It may be your last hope.

I managed to start the download mode by pressing both volume buttons, and while having done so for about 1s I connected the USB. This brought up a message telling me to press VolUp to get to download mode and VolDown to reboot again. I was stumped by this seeing as nothing happened as I pressed VolUp, I then decided to press VolDown which got me to Download Mode.

I'll try to install XXJVK now. Cheers!

TL;DR: VolUp+VolDown -> Insert USB after about 1s -> Press VolDown even though it tells you to press VolUp

BladeZero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
I managed to start the download mode by pressing both volume buttons, and while having done so for about 1s I connected the USB. This brought up a message telling me to press VolUp to get to download mode and VolDown to reboot again. I was stumped by this seeing as nothing happened as I pressed VolUp, I then decided to press VolDown which got me to Download Mode.

I'll try to install XXJVK now. Cheers!

TL;DR: VolUp+VolDown -> Insert USB after about 1s -> Press VolDown even though it tells you to press VolUp
Wow that a new way of getting to download mode, thanks man.

KEEP IT ANDROID!!!!!!

liadar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default odin and download mode problems

hi there
i'm not just a Noob, i'm also very far from being a pro', so all the professional terms mean nothing to me. this is why the forum is very confusing for me...

I got my galaxy S Hebrew OS on it, wich turned out to be a troublemaker. i'ts a phone I bought in china, so it sill has strange chinees notifications no one can understand... and no facebook access, and I can't download skype (it says "skype is not available in your country", even when I had an israeli sim and israeli wifi).

I want to upgrade to Gingerbread (2.3.4), assuming it will erase any sign of the hebrew os, plus improve my phone generally.
I have a guide, odin3 and all the necessary files. when the phone is on download mode, the odin won't recognize the connection. I don't have kies, and when the phone in on ordinary mode there are no connection problems (i'm on "mass storage" in the usb options). I tried it with an israeli sim in, a chinees sim in, and without any sim at all. nothing works. everytime the computer reacts with sound and everything (this sad sound of "i know there's something there and can't connect it"). it's a new laptop with windows 7. I don't have another computer, but I can go to a friend's house if there's a chance win xp would work... should I? are there any other known solutions for this problem?

in addition- do you know (or does anybody know) how can I fix the chinees problems (blocks?) with facebook, skype etc.?

*** i'd be glad to receive answers by mail instead of filling the forum with my stupid questions

thank you anyway
li

Tags
help thread, i9000, q&a