Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X vs One S

Tip us?

exocetdj
Old
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
i'd go for the one-x

the screen doesnt take long at all to get used to plus the support for the one-x will be very long term indeed on this forum.

one of the devs has made a swipe to wake function (basically slide your finger right on the three soft keys to wake the phone!) which should stop having to reach for the power button all the time.

Having said that, my missus has the one-s and its a bloody sweet phone i must say but will sill say go one-x

Really sharp screen, can run tegra games, awesome camera, just for starters!

DrAgNbOi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I wouldn't mind the one x if it had micro sd support.. I need more then 32gb like my iPhone 4s 64gb I'm down to 3gb left, too much apps and media on it.. I would love to watch videos on the go with the one x and play games. I'm also thinking between these two phones also.
Rom: XtreStoLite v.1.3.1, Device: SM-G900I

okini
Old
Thanks Meter 4
id definitely choose the one x over the one s any day of the week. Sure the One S is slimmer and smaller and if you dont like big phones it might be a better choice, especially if you dont care about tegra 3 gaming performance either. However, the one x is obviously more future proof and its a flagship phone after all. Its much better to have a top of the line phone than a midrange phone, considering how fast new hardware gets outdated these days.

dk29mtl
Old
(Last edited by dk29mtl; 17th May 2012 at 03:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One X vs HTC One S...both are amazing

I just wanted to comment in that I had started off with the HTC One X QuadCore version...as amazing as the phone was for 2 weeks...I personally found it a little too big having comeup from the HTC Amaze 4G. Long story short, I ended up swapping it for the HTC One S which I'm glad I did...the One S feels like just the right size, and I can do simply task with one hand...unlike the HTC One X where I had to use both hands at times...even just to make a call.

I just wish HTC could have taken all the specs from the HTC One X and dropped it into the One S...neverthess the One S is still amazing...my only complaint is that it is so thin that I constantly feel like it will slip out of my hand lol

Also I do agree 100% that the HTC One X QuadCore in more " future proof " in terms of resale vs the One S, and that the screen looks way better on the One X...but I also like that "eye candy" look of the HTC One S screen vs the HTC One X natural colors,etc ...oh and by the way, unless your really ,really looking hard you don't really notice pixel count between the two...atleast I didn't.

Toṭ̣̣
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 131
go with the one s (especially if you have a tmobile upgrade) instead of wasting $600 on the one x which in my opinion does not show any great improvements at all over its predecessors. There is rooting and everything but a quadcore phone is expected not to lag at all! keep the one s for couple of months then get the sgs3. especially now that you have leedroid over at the one s (and other devs will join as well) you wont notice any difference between x and s.