FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

Abyss Kernel Safe to CWM?

206 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By SoonHD2, Senior Member on 15th May 2012, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
eybee1970 posted on his rom these instrucktions just want to know if this really makes it safer (alot) to use cwm wipe?

- install Abyss Kernel 4.2
- boot back in Recovery (find it under 'advanced')
- now FullWipe!!!
- Flash ROM
- reboot system
-...you are done
==> ONLY, ONLY, ONLY FullWipe with Abyss Kernel 4.2 installed!!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Full Wipe with CF-Root Kernel installed!!!

Want to know cos i want to try a custom rom to make my battery better and no samsung crap and Oc? possible (is it yet on ICS=?)
Im running German ICS LPY with CF-Root..

Thanks!
Last edited by SoonHD2; 15th May 2012 at 07:03 PM.
 
 
15th May 2012, 07:23 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonHD2

eybee1970 posted on his rom these instrucktions just want to know if this really makes it safer (alot) to use cwm wipe?

- install Abyss Kernel 4.2
- boot back in Recovery (find it under 'advanced')
- now FullWipe!!!
- Flash ROM
- reboot system
-...you are done
==> ONLY, ONLY, ONLY FullWipe with Abyss Kernel 4.2 installed!!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Full Wipe with CF-Root Kernel installed!!!

Want to know cos i want to try a custom rom to make my battery better and no samsung crap and Oc? possible (is it yet on ICS=?)
Im running German ICS LPY with CF-Root..

Thanks!

yes, i can confirm that, just used it to go back 3 times from lpy, the most important poin is REBOOT RECOVERY (under advanced option) so that you got RedPill touch recovery before doing any wipe or flasing a nandroid backup of GB ROM.
15th May 2012, 08:17 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
that would mean with this method I could install CM9 without flashing a GB-ROM first nor use PC Odin?
15th May 2012, 08:42 PM |#4  
chasmodo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 41,155
 
More
Theoretically, yes. You don't need the whole Rom to switch to another Rom, just a working kernel/Recovery would do.
The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 01:58 PM |#5  
matharuajay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman

that would mean with this method I could install CM9 without flashing a GB-ROM first nor use PC Odin?

is this possible? flashing cm9 rom without flashing a GB-Rom first?
19th June 2012, 02:01 PM |#6  
adamskoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matharuajay

is this possible? flashing cm9 rom without flashing a GB-Rom first?

I made it with abbys kernel for paranoid android v0.2 no problem happened


Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
19th June 2012, 04:53 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Diamond Bar
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matharuajay

is this possible? flashing cm9 rom without flashing a GB-Rom first?

Yes, I just use abbys recovery to flash another rom without problem so far.
21st June 2012, 06:40 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Is speedmod kernel safe like abyss

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
21st June 2012, 06:43 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Mobile, AL
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
It's always the safest to go back to gingerbread via PC Odin though.
21st June 2012, 07:19 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Still is speedmod safe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes