ROOT S720C (Samsung Proclaim straight talk)

OP jcmarx

15th May 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Anyone got a root going for the new straight talk (verizon) Samsung Proclaim S720C ?

This will be great for me an affordable phone on straight talk with verizon coverage all I need is root
16th May 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

38 posts
Has anyone tried the one clikc root fo this phone? I havnt been active on the site for close to 2 years so did some back reading and have seen stuff on the one clikc root but hate to be the first to try it as im not the most tech savy here
19th May 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Im wanting this phone too! Im just trying to find official word if its verizon. Im sure theres a root for the phone somewhere its an old droid.
19th May 2012, 06:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

38 posts
It is Verizon for sure I got my daughter one and my father one as well since verizon is the only carrier who gets service where my father lives except US cellular. The phone works great.

In the rural area we are in you have slim pickings as to what carrier has good service in certain areas.

Verizon has great coverage in this area but their contract phones are a bit pricey for my father and daughter's usage. But to get Verizon coverage on an android pre paid with straight talk is just a win/win for me. The only thing is that I really would like to root these phones so that they can use wifi tehtering in a pinch.

Its not going to be very often but sure is handy when you need it.

at the moment I have them set up for USB tethered sharing for internet when they have to have it mobile.

Id be willing to donate if someone takes up the challenge of rooting the Proclaim/illusion
21st May 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

29 posts
I'm not currently a developer, but between the Proclaim and the Illusion I would think there's enough of an audience to develop something for these phones. The user group should be rather large.
24th May 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #6  

10 posts
I got it! But I hope we can get a trusted root. I'm afraid the straight talk software will go buggy if I root it. And I want to go over to ice cream.
24th May 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
I got one too - the proclaim and looking for a root. Please help XDA developers!
15th June 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #8  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanguy7

Im wanting this phone too! Im just trying to find official word if its verizon. Im sure theres a root for the phone somewhere its an old droid.

Yes it is using verizon service! haven't been able to root yet...

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmarx

Has anyone tried the one clikc root fo this phone? I havnt been active on the site for close to 2 years so did some back reading and have seen stuff on the one clikc root but hate to be the first to try it as im not the most tech savy here

Yes I have tried the oneclickroot and it gets stuck on step 7...
21st June 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #9  

2 posts
anything yet
anyone get anywhere with this phone yet....i have one and i have tried oneclick root and root unlock and neither worked,,,id love to get it rooted and mabey some new roms,,,,id be happy to donate something to the cause
21st June 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

58 posts
More
Tried everything on this phone.
I've tried everything i can find on my proclaim the oneclick, z4root and a few others I even tried a root i found for a Samsung illusion (same phone just not the prepaid version) that last one broke my phone. Glad Walmart and a no questions asked exchange policy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread