Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A good switch?

Tip us?

ed116
Old
Thanks Meter 40
stay away lol too many noobs in these forums and not many roms to upgrade too .. go to the s2x or gnexus trust me had the g2x and right now i kind of miss it lol dramaless
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Stock 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich - Screen Protector - Case Mate Barley There Case - 16GB

rubyman94
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Just wait for the Samsung galaxy s3 to hit tmobile. This phone has too many hardware problems.

RussianBear
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyman94 View Post
Just wait for the Samsung galaxy s3 to hit tmobile. This phone has too many hardware problems.
blanket statements like this one ftw!

i've picked up another amaze (coming from sensation), and i can tell i like this phone more so than sensation. development aside, amaze is a great phone. my biggest gripe right now is the battery life, but i can live with that if you can pick it up for a good price, i'd go for it.

mznatnat
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefox View Post
My pricing was off...I would have to pay but its still a good price

Oh, I know. Still AOSP on the G2x is better than anything else. Its the same problem. NVidia won't let us have the drivers.
That maybe true..... but guess what.... At least we had MIUI ...... on the Amaze we will never have the MIUI rom...... A REAL MIUI rom..... because of stupid a$$ HTC..... like I said before.... THIS IS MY FIRST AND LAST HTC PRODUCT...... THEY CAN KISS MY A$$ GOODBYE AS SOON AS SGS3 COMES OUT....

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed116 View Post
stay away lol too many noobs in these forums and not many roms to upgrade too .. go to the s2x or gnexus trust me had the g2x and right now i kind of miss it lol dramaless
G2x was a really easy phone to have.... I could flash virtually everything I wanted.... I felt invincible ....... I never ran into so many problems as I have with the Amaze.... Locked bootloaders.... or wrong bootloaders just to get SuperCID .... Stupid Sense rom..... HTC updates messing up my power menu..... screen shots not working.... I went through a lot of crap in the learning process....

All problems I never had with the G2x.....

ed116
Old
Thanks Meter 40
well this is about 50% faster than the g2x an better than tegra2, yes g2x was very simple to flash i cant belive i miss it ahhaha but mine did have some screen issues, also this is penta vs triband i blieve or quad band, and much better camera and desgin (samsung > htc > mcdonalds > piss > crap > LG )
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Stock 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich - Screen Protector - Case Mate Barley There Case - 16GB

AndroidAutobot
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockDC2 View Post
To be honest, I think the Amaze is so-so. I've been fortunate enough to have tried quite a few phones and the Amaze hasn't done a great job standing out.

The biggest problem with this phone is that the battery life is beyond terrible - worse than any phone I've had in the past. I mainly use my phone (or any of my smartphones for that matter) to respond to business emails and texts. My phone doesn't even last half of the day without needing a full recharge.

I had a G2X and although I wasn't too fond of its build quality (especially how the screen is not completely flat), I would suggest that you stick with it. There aren't too many improvements (in my opinion) that justifies the jump.
Personal experience speaks louder than professional experience (2nd hand)... But from what I've encountered at work I would disagree strongly.

The G2x... From how many always came through my door with problem after problem after problem is SERIOUSLY the most unstable phone I've experienced in 6 years time. That may be an exaggeration, but its certainly on my top 5 problematic pain in the ass phones ever. Avoid it like the plague (no offense).

Seen a couple dozen amazes leave and not ONE has EVER come back with any issues. Mine has been flawless.

Hatteryife has been average for any android device. If the battery runs low, just plug it in. No big deal.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
Twitter.com/AndroidAutobot
GTalk - AndroidAutobot

ed116
Old
Thanks Meter 40
its good just dont like sense anymore lol, also i hate how heavy it is ... i mean 50g? more isnt a big deal but it is you know? ii shouldnt be complaining some people still have like g1 and shti but still great phone i love it just some features wish it had differently

AndroidAutobot
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
well this is about 50% faster than the g2x an better than tegra2, yes g2x was very simple to flash i cant belive i miss it ahhaha but mine did have some screen issues, also this is penta vs triband i blieve or quad band, and much better camera and desgin (samsung > htc > mcdonalds > piss > crap > LG )
Lmao @ the food chain lol. Agreed, except for me its HTC >>>>>>>>>>>> Samsung lol

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
Twitter.com/AndroidAutobot
GTalk - AndroidAutobot

mznatnat
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
LMFAO....

Well I work at McDonald's..... so I think it should go something like this....

Samsung > HTC > Burger King > Root Canals > Eye Gouging > Ball Stomping > Eating Earwax > LG