5,600,429 Members 32,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Tip us?

diabolic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think its safe to say that nobody will see ICS for their Tabs until they see the Tab 2's in stores in their area (country). Samsung might be ignorant to the fact that their empty promises are pissing people off but they aren't stupid. Asus was the same way. As soon as their Prime was out, and the early adopters had purchased their new tablets they released ICS for the transformer. Samsung will be the same way.
The Following User Says Thank You to diabolic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Step666
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1063
This is a forum for smartphones and tablets.

If you want to talk politics, go somewhere else - such discussion is not welcome here.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Step666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t1mman
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolic View Post
I think its safe to say that nobody will see ICS for their Tabs until they see the Tab 2's in stores in their area (country). Samsung might be ignorant to the fact that their empty promises are pissing people off but they aren't stupid. Asus was the same way. As soon as their Prime was out, and the early adopters had purchased their new tablets they released ICS for the transformer. Samsung will be the same way.
They did not do the such with SIII/SII, what makes you beleive they would for the tab?

shadowxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry but my next tablet will not be Samsung ... I think a lack of gratitude that after doing an aggressive marketing promotion of a product, after sales of very large to neglect updates in favor of other new models appeared. OK and they should be sold, but not in this style!
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxxx View Post
Sorry but my next tablet will not be Samsung ... I think a lack of gratitude that after doing an aggressive marketing promotion of a product, after sales of very large to neglect updates in favor of other new models appeared. OK and they should be sold, but not in this style!
I know, I wish I would have taken a picture of the sign when I bought my tab. It said right on there "upgraded soon to ICS"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
I don't answer technical support Q's through PM

Watford John
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Agreed. Meanwhile my wife's Asus Transformer received another firmware update yesterday...

Step666
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1063
Quote:
I'm also personally inclined to look elsewhere for my next tablet - not because of the firmware (none of my Android devices stay stock for very long and you can pretty much always guarantee Samsung's flagship phones and tablets will get good Dev support) but rather the poor quality of the hardware.
My Tab has a massive Newton Rings smear across it and that's just not good enough IMO.

That said, I would never preclude Samsung from my considerations, merely that if all other factors were equal, I would err on the side of choosing the other brand.

danielsf
Old
(Last edited by danielsf; 21st May 2012 at 05:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666 View Post
I'm also personally inclined to look elsewhere for my next tablet - not because of the firmware (none of my Android devices stay stock for very long and you can pretty much always guarantee Samsung's flagship phones and tablets will get good Dev support) but rather the poor quality of the hardware.
My Tab has a massive Newton Rings smear across it and that's just not good enough IMO.

That said, I would never preclude Samsung from my considerations, merely that if all other factors were equal, I would err on the side of choosing the other brand.
I also had massive newton rings but I phoned up Samsung UK and they said they would repair it free. The next day a bag arrived and the same day I sent it off. It took 2 days to be repaired and one more for it to arrive back to me. I was considering never getting a Samsung tab again, but it was just so easy to be repaired. Also, my s2 the vibration broke after I had had it for 10 months and a very large drop on concrete, I phoned Samsung uk up and the same thing happened, apart from it took a couple of days longer. But with my old htc desire the screen kept flickering like crazy after I first tuned it on out the box, trying to get htc to repair it was one of the most frustrating things I have ever done. What I am trying to say is, why don't you see it you can get it fixed for free?

Due to the lack of update support, I am inclined to give Samsung tabs a miss in the future, but who to go with next? Obviously not an Ipad, as I can't do anything on it I would want to on it and my app ecosystem is with android. Asus, using tegra 3 SOCs enough said. Acer's looks ugly. Sony, I think all their tabs look ridiculous. Motorola is worth considering. I defiantly wan't another tab after my galaxy tab 10.1, but what? I will probably wait to see what Samsung brings to the market, but with every company there products have a weakness. I can only hope someone will release a perfect tab. I would defiantly get a nexus tab if the specs are good enough. I can only dream of a perfect tab, I would love a 2ghz dual or quad core cortex A15 with a Mali-T658 gpu 28nm SOC. With a 10.1 1080p screen, with a 10+ hour battery, and still be very light and thin, if only... Anyway, sorry for the rant
If I have helped you, please press the "Thanks" button
Phones:
---HTC Desire - Kit Kat Rom, CPU OC to 1.13ghz
---Moto G 16gb - Stock
---Galaxy Note 3 N9005 32gb - X-NOTE Rom, UV'd CPU with leanKernel
SOLD: HTC hero, Galaxy s2, Galaxy s3, nexus 4

Tablets:
---Nexus 10 32gb - PA ROM, GPU OC to 667mhz, UV'd GPU & CPU with KT Kernel
SOLD: Archos 70it, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nexus 7 32GB

Step666
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsf View Post
What I am trying to say is, why don't you see it you can get it fixed for free?
My Tab came from the US so I have no warranty.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for something better to come along and I'll replace my Tab.
I can't see me making it to the end of the year without replacing it.

mike2nl
Old
Thanks Meter 517
- Why everybody don't by a tablet for the next 6 month.
- Then the guys will react and do something.
- Because the money is a holy thing for them.

No money:
= no new house
= no new prosche
= only angry customers
= smasung, apple, asus and more then are out of business.

Possible xda must be think to produce a own one will all things we need.
#By a free one with a very good hardware and flash new things and all is good, i hope
Sensation XE: 光盤 6, PYDX & AIO latest
SGT 10.1 3G: JellyBeanICS v8, Yoda 2.4
SGT 7 3G: CM 11, 4.4.2 storm31
HD2: 光盤 3.7, marc 0.2.3
Teams: CHTBeta & Art, CD
Apps: 3D Photo Browser Mods
Android Test Links: USB Echo