Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Tip us?

dummy1001
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrich Egg View Post

And I'm sure I speak for nearly everyone when I say I hope you make good on the promise you made in the last sentence.
...no, probably not...

To be honest, I believe most of us we bored by this discussion.

Finally we received the update and that is what most of us expected.

Thanks Samsung.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk 2

Ostrich Egg
Old
(Last edited by Ostrich Egg; 31st July 2012 at 02:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummy1001 View Post
...no, probably not...

To be honest, I believe most of us we bored by this discussion.

Finally we received the update and that is what most of us expected.

Thanks Samsung.

Gesendet mit Tapatalk 2
It's a figure of speech bro, even though I suspect in this case it's literally true as well.

Though I guess some of us, like you evidently, would prefer he keep posting made up rumors. Weird, but OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ostrich Egg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naith32
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can someone tell me (if possible) if the update will come to my Tab 10.1 fairly soon? (it isn't rooted, so I presume Samsung will update my Tab automatically?)

Also, will all of my applications remain as they are?

Thanks guys

xdapao3
Old
(Last edited by xdapao3; 31st July 2012 at 03:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 185
Came to check the news on XDA and saw that the second coming of jesus (aka official ICS for our G.Tabs) was finally here AND it's the Italian version to boot... FANTASTIC!!!!

I am going to download and install it in a couple of hours and will post my impressions in the relevant thread. Will be interesting to compare CM10 (which even with its teething problems is awesome) to this.
Anyway, I hope Pershoot release a kernel to be able to overclock the stock ICS ASAP, that's the only thing still missing for it to be perfect! Until Jelly Beans (be it Samsung official or CM10) matures, of course...

Oh and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t Masta

So here we are, less than a week before the end of July and still we have no ICS. People like msedek, xdapao3, mickfitz and zuberio were making fun of me when I said it wouldn't be out until August. Lo and behold I was right because the information I got from Samsung was right. But no body wanted to listen. Damn it feels good to be right.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N9005) - carrier-free, black, 32GB + 64GB Samsung SD - stock 4.4.2 (XXUEND3) - Nova Launcher Prime - CF-Auto-Root - Xposed

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE (T805) - carrier-free, bronze, 16GB + 128GB Sandisk SD - stock 4.4.2 (XXU1ANF8) - Nova Launcher Prime - CF-Auto-Root ported by BeansTown106 - Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to xdapao3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dan_Aykroyd
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by msedek View Post
Lol are you aware that Samsung released ics? xD
Yeah... I just replied before the new messages with ICS started coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman View Post
You know, that was the sole reason I wished ICS was released before the end of jully.

Not because I was eager to get it running, not because I was growing impatient, only to prove to the world HOW WRONG YOU ARE!

You are the reason everyone asks for sources, because people like you provide lies and false information and even lies about the lies...

So, how's the memo now?
To be fair, he was off only by less than a day. It could very well been pushed out to august and have it launched the last hours of july . Come on, don't be so mean to each other, we all are fellow "Tabbers" here
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan_Aykroyd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PlumpMonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just connected my UK P7510 to Kies and its downloading the new firmware!

cosimoss
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Just got mine from Kies:

Galaxy NotePro 12.2 : Galaxy S5 : Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition : Nexus 7 II : Galaxy S4 : Nexus 10 : Nexus 7 : Galaxy S3 : Galaxy Nexus : Galaxy Tab 10.1 LE(I/O) : Nexus S : Galaxy Tab : HTC Desire

biggiestuff
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Hurry up USA USA USA!

chinasky71
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimoss View Post
Just got mine from Kies:

Could you please check if that firmware is only for uk or has also italian language?

I can't now cos i'm at work but i'd like to know if the first todo for this evening at home will be a download from samfirmware or not....

brinox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiestuff View Post
Hurry up USA USA USA!
I have a US tab 10.1 and am already running the UK version without any hitches so far. you just have to edit the date an time once flashing. it doesnt default to any timezones here in the states