Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

OP luckych

1st August 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #641  
Thanks Meter: 24

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jijoycm

I have successfully flashed the UK version (P-7510) of the ICS 4.0.4 onto my Hongkong version 4.0.4 using ODIN. I was not able to flash the ROM using PDA in ODIN, I instead used CSC and it worked flawlessly. And the tab is working great. If I understand this right ROMs had to be flashed using PDA and Modems/Radios etc needs to be flashed using CSC...I am using ODIN 1.85...Did I do something wrong? My tab is wroking fine, just worried if I need to re-do it/if it might have a bug etc

So you tried it in CSC mode, hmm k, opening post says PDA would be better so I am unsure which one I should use.
Tried to find out the real difference between PDA and CSC but until now I didnt find anything satisfying. Maybe someone else can clear this for us
All I found was CSC has something to do with your location? Not sure..

Well flashing right now with PDA settings. I will try not to wipe afterwars.. will report soon
alright looks good, no errors, all apps there. great.
Last edited by HansiHusten; 1st August 2012 at 06:57 PM.
1st August 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #642  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
ICS 4.0.4 Rolling out in Europe
So finally, Samsung is rolling out the update to ICS 4.0.4 in Europe for a specific model. Let's hope the developers grab a copy of those roms soon and port the camera driver to one of their incredible roms.
1st August 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #643  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabr4

So finally, Samsung is rolling out the update to ICS 4.0.4 in Europe for a specific model. Let's hope the developers grab a copy of those roms soon and port the camera driver to one of their incredible roms.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=650

This guy has posted a back camera update, no front camera yet. I'm waiting for the front camera to be fixed and then I will be upgrading to CM10.

The developers around here are freaking amazing.
1st August 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #644  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkable

This guy has posted a back camera update, no front camera yet. I'm waiting for the front camera to be fixed and then I will be upgrading to CM10.

WOW! Those are great news! They should make that fix a sticky post on the mainpage! Thanks for sharing man.
2nd August 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #645  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Does anyone know if the UK version supports Spanish language? Can I use it to flash my Argentinian Tab (made in Brazil) through ODIN?
Thanks you.
2nd August 2012, 05:47 AM   |  #646  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 162

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicocarbone

Does anyone know if the UK version supports Spanish language? Can I use it to flash my Argentinian Tab (made in Brazil) through ODIN?
Thanks you.

If it is a p7510 or p7500 tab then you can and you will have spanish (espaņa) and spanish (united states).

Cheers!!
2nd August 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #647  
Thanks Meter: 14

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkable

Here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1808015) is the link for the thread for the ICS Rom from Task650 with fully working cameras etc. Right now it is almost stock, but will be updated. Works like a charm for me
2nd August 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #648  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameagl

Here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1808015) is the link for the thread for the ICS Rom from Task650 with fully working cameras etc. Right now it is almost stock, but will be updated. Works like a charm for me

Finally! I thought this day would never come. Thanks for sharing!
2nd August 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #649  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 14

82 posts
sorry for my noobish question..

But i'm on stock 3.2 rooted... do i have to un-root to install 4.04? Ie install on top of rooted stock rom or should i install stock rom with no root and then proceed flashing ICS?

I would really like to install it, since its not available here in the Nordics yet

Thanks in advance
Last edited by terrorblind; 2nd August 2012 at 07:02 PM.
2nd August 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #650  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 17

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblind

sorry for my noobish question..

But i'm on stock 3.2 rooted... do i have to un-root to install 4.04? Ie install on top of rooted stock rom or should i install stock rom with no root and then proceed flashing ICS?

I would really like to install it, since its not available here in the Nordics yet

Thanks in advance

You don't need to root. Just download the firmware from Sammobile, and use ODIN to upgrade your tab. You can check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1808701 for further instructions.

The Following User Says Thank You to patriciocs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread