Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Tip us?

H. Ess
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyanks View Post
I have stock rom in my tab 10.1 4G P7500R. I want to root it and also use latest CM for it. Kindly help. Also it is sim locked. How can i unlock it.
Thank you.

Check this video first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Then, check the links below (first 2 threads in the forum for the Gtab):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1239185

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1462961

enkhtwshn
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Well custom roms wont go far because p75xx haven't got the 4.1.2 or 4.2
I hope Pershoot and the CM ,AOKP team will do some "project butter"... really hoping that they do the multi window thing and mix tab2 ui with tab1
Well tab2 got the official JB update so they will use that rom to do something with ours . kind of surprised that i want so much from my tab and the developers team .
Great respect for them .

scottwen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question android.process.acore error

I flashed my samsung galaxy tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) to official ICS 4.0.4 (Build number IMM76D.DXLP5).
It boots ok, but it shows message "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". what I should do to solve this problem?

Cheers,
Scott

pow3rflow3r
Old
(Last edited by pow3rflow3r; 6th February 2013 at 02:17 PM.) Reason: link added
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwen View Post
I flashed my samsung galaxy tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) to official ICS 4.0.4 (Build number IMM76D.DXLP5).
It boots ok, but it shows message "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". what I should do to solve this problem?

Cheers,
Scott
Maybe better to ask this in the Q&A, Help, Troubleshooting forum
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1192

rupene
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendyum View Post
I must say after flashing (properly) CM10 in my Gtab 10.1, i find it to be the most fast and stable rom so far.

I had CM9 and i was happy with it, some minor bugs were still floating around, nothing special, still very usable in a daily basis.

I messed a bit around with kernels and probably jumped some wipes, witch made me had a borked CM10 installation, and i was clearly unhappy with its lag and constant reboots. Instead of coming here complaining, i Odinīd it with a stock rom (ics UK) and properly flashed it CM10. Now i have a different tab, completely fast, and snappier then ever. No more wifi drops, random reboots or fcīs, fast boot, no lag while streaming, only a little random flicker, fast and not constant.

Thanks to all developers, cyanogen team, and of course, pershoot and his skills.

cheers to all.
Am running a rooted 7500 with stock ics, halo launcher, set CPU, A1 kernal overclocked to 1400. Its awesomely quick with no lag and no flicker.

gismo694
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Help !!!

I was wondering if someone could possibly help me??
I bought a tab off ebay but the firmware region is China. This would not be bad except it doesnt come with google play. It runs on droid 4.1.1 but NO google play. Im thinking its a censor thing?
I have got the jellybean firmware package (europe) ready to put on the tab but when I try to (via Odin) it fails!!
What should I be doing?
Should I be clearing the Dalvik cache beforehand?
Anywayz....Cheers for anyone who has given me the time of day and read this.

nakedninja42
Old
Thanks Meter 699

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo694 View Post
I was wondering if someone could possibly help me??
I bought a tab off ebay but the firmware region is China. This would not be bad except it doesnt come with google play. It runs on droid 4.1.1 but NO google play. Im thinking its a censor thing?
I have got the jellybean firmware package (europe) ready to put on the tab but when I try to (via Odin) it fails!!
What should I be doing?
Should I be clearing the Dalvik cache beforehand?
Anywayz....Cheers for anyone who has given me the time of day and read this.
First off, let's verify what tab you have, is the the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (first gen) which is P75xx (depends if you have WiFi w/ or w/o 3G). Or do you have the second gen P51xx.

If you have the latter, your in the wrong section as this is first gen. If you have the former, you have the wrong firmware since jellybean never released for the first gen Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777

thanh.ptiter0210
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Pershoot already said 10.1v kernel works for p7100 obviously, p7500 and p7510 (hwa/camera) and those covers most of the 10.1 tabs might as well works for tmob tabs and not sure about lte versions... And if they works for 10.1 also works for 8.9 tabs.. Don't know Wich other devices world wide exist

tap007
Old
Thanks Meter 72
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/25/...n-galaxy-tabs/

Jay Rock
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap007 View Post
Nvm. Interesting.
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE, LG G Pad 8.3, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3.