Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After upgrade to 9.2.1.24, were SOD/RR fixed for u ?

Tip us?

rashid11
Old
(Last edited by rashid11; 16th May 2012 at 12:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default After upgrade to 9.2.1.24, were SOD/RR fixed for u ?

If u have upgraded to 9.2.1.24 (released May 16 to US/TW), please let us know if your SOD/RR issues were fixed. Another annoying issue we had was Gmail crashing.

bormasina
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Negative

Nope

yantheus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Still there..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

wingzero2085
Old
Thanks Meter 45
The .24 update has been up for less than 24 hours, and you folks are saying that you've already experienced a random reboot and/or sleep of death? Wow -- surprising to see it come up so quickly. I hope you guys performed the cold boot (shut down, then power+vol down and then either wait or choose the cold boot option) as we were told to do after applying the update.

So far I can't say anything about whether its fixed or not. It hasn't been nearly long enough, and won't be for at least 2 weeks. Announcing that its "solved" before running for at least that long seems silly, given the past history on this issue.

For those reporting that it isn't solved for you -- perhaps you could explain what you had happen?

crisscross3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Installed .24, cold booted, and have experienced one RR and Gmail issues in the first few hours of use. No SOD yet thankfully.
The Following User Says Thank You to crisscross3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wingzero2085
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Well, I can now confirm on at least one unit that the RR problem is still there, too (I have 2 TF101s in my house). OTA update was applied to a stock, unrooted TF101, cold booted, and about an hour ago it rebooted on its own. It was a full reboot and did not hang on the logo screen.

rashid11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
dang ... I guess I will keep waiting for TF700 then, while enjoying the TF101 that I downgraded to HC few days ago ...

BTW, the TF300 seems to not be immune to SOD/RR either, bummer

finalhit
Old
Thanks Meter 217
any updates on screen tearing?

also, minor note to those having RR/SOD issues? you guys should seriously consider using the "test" kernel by guevor. i recommend 17 or 17c.

finalhit
Old
Thanks Meter 217
guess i'm gonna answer my own question....no more screen tears (for me anyway) with the new update. add that my guevor's custom kernel...and my ics is perfect.

w00ts!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Quasi Juice 21
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mine's been on for almost 12 hours. No problems so far. Hearing people still having it though, makes me anticipate it happening.