Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Super Easy Root Method for Tab 10.1 (Noob Friendly Guide)

OP this_is_nick6

21st May 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 15,798

5,215 posts
Donate to Me
The zip only adds superuser app & su binary, so I would suspect that simply removing these 2 files would be enough to unroot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
21st May 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Few newbie questions regarding flashing.

If I flash this AOKP am I able to uprage it to ICS when it is released?
Or am I forced to flash back to stock rom?
22nd May 2012, 02:18 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 55

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
You'll need to either revert back to stock to get the official OTA or just wait on a flashable custom version you can flash via ClockworkMod.

I'm personally just going to flash a new version of AOKP once it is updated with the camera drivers (since none of the ICS ROMS currently have working cameras). The cameras aren't something I use on my tablet so I'm currently living without them.
The Following User Says Thank You to this_is_nick6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #14  
CT
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_is_nick6

You'll need to either revert back to stock to get the official OTA or just wait on a flashable custom version you can flash via ClockworkMod.

I'm personally just going to flash a new version of AOKP once it is updated with the camera drivers (since none of the ICS ROMS currently have working cameras). The cameras aren't something I use on my tablet so I'm currently living without them.

I tend to use the camera, so I'm waiting for that to finally get updated. I'm hopeful it comes soon, with the alleged 'soon' release.

I did get CM9 nightly up and it looks good, but I'm going back to Honeycomb stock. (having difficulty going back, but that's for another thread)
22nd May 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag Halifax

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
The only reason I really don't like the stock ROM is the lag, not to mention they're pretty slow to update this particular device. ASUS seems to be on top of keeping their devices updated, but they don't offer any 3G/4G tablets here in Canada.

After seeing ICS reviewed on the new 10.1 tab, it's sad to still see lag on a revised version of the device. I'm not overly confident that the ICS update being pushed here in June will be much better than 3.2, for me it's going to provide camera drivers and that's all it will be good for.
24th May 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
So..if I root using this method, how do I unroot in case I need to?
Last edited by narcotic81; 24th May 2012 at 01:11 AM.
24th May 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #17  

8 posts
Thanks for help
24th May 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #18  
OP Member
Flag Halifax

78 posts
Donate to Me
More
As of right now you will need to use ODIN to unroot and revert to stock unless someone finds a flashable .zip method or something (which will only unroot, won't restore stock recovery). I've been busy lately so I haven't really looked into any unroot methods yet. As far as I know there is this method for restoring a WiFi only Tab to stock, which does wipe your device keep in mind:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1474971

The only reason you'd really need to unroot would be for warranty reasons I suppose, but it would be nice to have a quick and easy method.
Last edited by this_is_nick6; 24th May 2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling.. lol
27th May 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #19  

32 posts
galaxy 10.1 tab model gt-p7500 how to root? root.zip does not work
Hi :

I have a galaxy tab 10.1 GT-P7500 model and trying to root it.
tested root.zip and does not work
any other alternative method?
27th May 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I would like to confirm that this method works on the VZW tab. Only trick is that you must press volume up instead of volume down to enter recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rockaholic94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy tab, install recovery, rogers, root
Previous Thread Next Thread