P990 Complete Baseband Overview Thread
As we get the same questions over and over again I thought it might be time to create a baseband dedicated thread.
If this thread helped you please press thanks, rate this thread with 5 stars and consider to buy me a beer!
The second post contains the FAQ. I will constantly expand this section, if you've a problem please check here before you are asking a question!
The FAQ currently lists answers to the following questions:
- What is a Baseband, what is a RIL?
- Which baseband is the best?
- How do I install a RIL?
- What RIL should I use? Should I install a matching RIL?
- Wait, what is SU660?
- Help, my baseband is shown as Unknown Baseband?
- How can I check which baseband I have currently installed?
- Why do I loose my RIL after flashing a ROM update?
- Why is my call-quality that bad? Why is the person on the other end constantly hearing a disturbing static noise?
- Why do I have a timeoffset after installing a new Baseband?
- What does "(V10b, Europe)" etc. in GetRIL mean?
- Why isn't data coming back after turning off wifi?
- What's the latest ROM/BB for my phone?
- Help, I think I lost my IMEI?
The third post has a detailed guide how to flash a new Baseband.
Here are all basebands I currently know of with MD5 checksums from a highspeed download mirror.
If there's something missing please post in the thread - I do check it regularly (but don't answer on questions which are covered by the FAQ or belong to Q&A).
I have now re-organized the Baseband Downloads and sort them by their type.
Note that you can use each Baseband for every ROM out there, you don't need to use a GB BB for a GB ROM.
This doesn't apply to RILs, see the FAQ to know which RIL to use on which ROM.
I have highlighted the recommended BBs from every section in blue.
- V30B Baseband MD5: 024b6e837e64e05523917276f18e3688
- V30A Baseband MD5: f3a9bb578eba6f7f65f67cd5459bbce2
- V28g (leak) Baseband MD5: d23588e148a08ee46d08d5fce060f2ce
- V28e (leak) Baseband MD5: f2d6777ef378f0660510745b68c4db9e
- 1119-V30c_SU660-Baseband MD5: 8345211ad3c708566b85dc3980e7fd15
- 0420-V20m_SU660-Baseband MD5: 8e43904f38b7a00fbbfc8f07bf2544a6
- 1120-V20j_SU660-Baseband MD5: 67b69daf79d95e26f81f9e9d4a3cdbb5
- 0824-V20f_SU660-Baseband MD5: f9f6f56423379247950c970b27ad2337
- 0530-V10t_SU660-Baseband MD5: e0a940f155be6cc54cd09f564517410f
- 0502-V10s_SU660-Baseband MD5: d7975ee80189c5933ce99e17fc8cc240
- 0521-V20s-Baseband MD5: e86a9b0bff8dcbf95311d2a3e25bb1d7
- 0327-V20d-Baseband MD5: 69a3d6acfbd902775f3671170ba99e3b
- 0313-V20c-Baseband MD5: 8d07ec08190e557b0f790e82e2098a83
- 0823-V21b-Baseband MD5: see txt file inside the zip (baseband consists of 4 files)
- 0725-V20r-Baseband MD5: see txt file inside the zip (baseband consists of 4 files)
- 0725-V20q-Baseband MD5: see txt file inside the zip (baseband consists of 4 files)
- 0725-V20m-Baseband MD5: see txt file inside the zip (baseband consists of 4 files)
- 0725-V20l-Baseband MD5: 7ffea57f5ebc1072c21abb79bb58870e
- 0725-V20b-Baseband MD5: see txt file inside the zip (baseband consists of 4 files)
- 0725-V10d-Baseband MD5: 703fa0602ef94f64663664fdc738de7d
- 0622-V20a-Baseband MD5: 5583d05810ffa326b9956bfec479c5d3
- 0622-V10c-Baseband MD5: ea119deac15915129a228a350d361e80
- 0614-Baseband MD5: 8a5e3fc28333774c9ee8f7af6737f684
- 0606-V10c-Baseband MD5: bbffa6a6e36af5750cda0d3ef90b3af0
- 0405-V10b-Baseband MD5: 599fb242c0224894b1ad2eb004586527
- 0315-V10b-Baseband MD5: 9b6f600cfa9f528595e5106305770448
- 0218-V10b-Baseband MD5: 7ed159f97be5fabb4c6c9dabf1c84a76