Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 40,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme][EL30][FC09] Mysterious Beast v4.1 (6/28/12)

Tip us?

mis3
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by flastnoles11 View Post
This theme is a port of an earlier theme... plenty of differences flash and find out... if you would have read the op you'd have seen he used some pngs from minimalistic...
I did read the op, which is where I saw how similar the screenshots are, and am well aware that used the pngs and gave credit. I also am well aware that this is a port of the froyo build, as I had the theme on my phone for several months during froyo. I don't know why you assumed I don't know this from my question, but unfortunately, your post adds nothing useful. So, unless someone else tries to be helpful, I can either flash and find out, as you suggested, or just pass.

If the op had posted your comments , I wouldn't have responded, as I know he spent a lot of time resurrecting a long requested theme, and after re-reading my post, it could sound like I am questioning the value of the theme, which I am not. I was just trying to decide if it's worth it for me to try it out. I guess I'll just pass.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4533
I was just sayying it doesn't look to different because a lot of the same pngs are used... wasn't trying to be snotty... the way it sounded you wanted to know why a lot of the things looked the same, so I made the comment that some pngs from that theme were used here which is why they look the same... sorry if it came off different to you... on pain meds right now and my thoughts may not be quite coming out as I want...

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

samep
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Oh please do the pink one! I have been working on one, but had a pretty bad accident a couple hours ago (not in a car) and broke both wrists, displaced some bones in my hand and cracked my elbow. Scheduled for surgery on the wrists and hand Tuesday and doubt I will be able to do anything for awhile... gonna be doped up on painkillers and still trying to take care of my daughter with no hands = no time for themeing...
I wish you God's Speed to recovery and for caring for your daughter uninhibited and sober!

God bless and keep you and yours safe and well, my friend!

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by samep View Post
I wish you God's Speed to recovery and for caring for your daughter uninhibited and sober!

God bless and keep you and yours safe and well, my friend!
Thanks for the good wishes... moms here to help take care of the daughter thank god... makes it a little easier at least...

samep
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Thanks for the good wishes... moms here to help take care of the daughter thank god... makes it a little easier at least...
Hey, that's great! Shouldn't you be asleep by now? Hope those PP's are not keeping you wired!

edit: I see you're signed-off, now.
The Following User Says Thank You to samep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mis3
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
I was just sayying it doesn't look to different because a lot of the same pngs are used... wasn't trying to be snotty... the way it sounded you wanted to know why a lot of the things looked the same, so I made the comment that some pngs from that theme were used here which is why they look the same... sorry if it came off different to you... on pain meds right now and my thoughts may not be quite coming out as I want...
No problem, we're good. We just both took comments the wrong way. Hope you get to feeling better.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to mis3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by samep View Post
Hey, that's great! Shouldn't you be asleep by now? Hope those PP's are not keeping you wired!

edit: I see you're signed-off, now.
Nope... bit of an insomniac though... the pills help to go to sleep if anything...

thomasskull666
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
Been rocking this for a few some time now and love it, thanks again for being so kind and porting it!

2 things I've noticed:

There's a .9.png issue in the focused background image of the Google search bar widget causing it to stretch. Not a big deal as I never use it, but figured I'd point it out anyway.

Also, the text box focus (such as the one I'm typing in on the XDA app lol) is black, so it is hard to see where exactly you have pressed on the screen if you were trying to, say, paste something. Again not too detrimental, but makes it hard to see the text you are trying to paste into.

Other than those 2 things everything looks amazing. I wonder, did I theme the in-call screen in the original Mysterious Beast? I can't remember if I did or not, but this one isn't themed so though I would point that out also.

Thanks again Nashdogg!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
*_Epic 4G_*
*_Sprint Galaxy Nexus_*

Nashdogg
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 1337

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasskull666 View Post
Been rocking this for a few some time now and love it, thanks again for being so kind and porting it!

2 things I've noticed:

There's a .9.png issue in the focused background image of the Google search bar widget causing it to stretch. Not a big deal as I never use it, but figured I'd point it out anyway.

Also, the text box focus (such as the one I'm typing in on the XDA app lol) is black, so it is hard to see where exactly you have pressed on the screen if you were trying to, say, paste something. Again not too detrimental, but makes it hard to see the text you are trying to paste into.

Other than those 2 things everything looks amazing. I wonder, did I theme the in-call screen in the original Mysterious Beast? I can't remember if I did or not, but this one isn't themed so though I would point that out also.

Thanks again Nashdogg!!

Hmm, will have to take a look at that. The in call dialer, that's the phone.apk right thomas? I may have overlooked that. I do that sometimes, lol
Glad you like it and it was a pleasure working on it. Working on some things for emotionless beast as we speak but will take a look at those issues when I get a minute, thanks.

thomasskull666
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashdogg View Post
Hmm, will have to take a look at that. The in call dialer, that's the phone.apk right thomas? I may have overlooked that. I do that sometimes, lol
Glad you like it and it was a pleasure working on it. Working on some things for emotionless beast as we speak but will take a look at those issues when I get a minute, thanks.
Ya I believe it is Phone.apk, I honestly can't remember if I themed it or not originally lmao so no biggie. No rush whenever you get a chance :)

*_Epic 4G_*
*_Sprint Galaxy Nexus_*