Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Persistent CM9 GPS Fix

17th May 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 205

716 posts
I have created a flashable zip based on galandy's Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.1 that will survive a cm9 upgrade. It works the same exact way gapps does. Simply flash this once and every time you flash a new cm9 rom the gps driver will be backed up and then restored after flashing.

The actually GPS fix is not mine and all thanks goes to galandy.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to maxdamage2122 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 09:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 259

1,366 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdamage2122

I have created a flashable zip based on galandy's Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.1 that will survive a cm9 upgrade. It works the same exact way gapps does. Simply flash this once and every time you flash a new cm9 rom the gps driver will be backed up and then restored after flashing.

So wipe cache and delvik cache at recovery?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium HD app
17th May 2012, 03:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 205

716 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oodork123

So wipe cache and delvik cache at recovery?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium HD app

Shouldn't be necessary but doesn't hurt either.
1st June 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

208 posts
Changing my battery cover to the original made my GPS work.
26th July 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag itty bitty town, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 31

391 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdamage2122

I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting accurate reads on my gps. Does this need to be re-flashed after each nightly? My gps works.. but it tracks about 10 yards off of where I actually am, and cuts corners. Kind of a drag when you're using the running apps to track your distance.
26th July 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Guthrie, OK
Thanks Meter: 51

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_carol

I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting accurate reads on my gps. Does this need to be re-flashed after each nightly? My gps works.. but it tracks about 10 yards off of where I actually am, and cuts corners. Kind of a drag when you're using the running apps to track your distance.

After the last two nightlies I'm having GPS problems as well. I know you have been having issues for awhile now but after a clean install of jmz's latest GPS is completely inaccurate. The old fix makes it worse and this one doesn't seem to be working either. Very strange.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread