It works perfectly!!!
Originally Posted by leos0
Okey, so, rooting
You have to download this : ( it contains fastboot adb recovery.img and update.zip [ I think it is the right one, becourse
i was applying a few of them at one time to save my time xd ] )
0. Copy update.zip to /sdcard/
1. You need to boot into fastboot (NOT RECOVERY, F A S T B O O T
). You can use:
b)turn off the phone, then hold POWER+VOL UP+VOL DOWN for 5-10 sec.
2. Now you need to use fastboot. use:
fastboot boot recovery.img
3.Now CWM TOUCH
will boot. There is small problem, it doesn't look as it should, some options are somewhere else etc.
But it works! In normal CWM Recovery i was unable to choose any option, but there everything "works"
And you should use
keys on your phone ( POWER to execute, vol. keys to move ), not screen to choose things ( it crashed once when i was using screen )
4. Install zip from sd..(second option)-->choose zip from sdc..)--> ...choose...--> Yes - Install --> Reboot --> back
For commands in [.code] marker you need to use cmd. I hope it will work for you guys
You are doing everything on your own so if something dont work its not my fault.
If you want to repost it somewhere, please, just write who invented it
You should also thanks coder011
becourse he extracted the recovery.img from defy mini which was very helpful
It really works!! Thanks a lot, man! I've been following this thread for some months, and now I registered in this forum just to thank leos0 and to say that it really works.
For all the other n00bs (like me), this is exactly what I've done (just more step-by-step instructions to the same things leos0 described):
1. Downloaded the zip file that was attached to the post quoted above ("root_xt320.zip").
2. Extracted the "update.zip" file into the phone's SDcard folder (I did this by connecting the phone to the pc in the "mass storage mode".
3. Extracted all the other files from the "update.zip" file into a folder on my pc.
4. Connected the phone to the pc. NOT in the mass storage mode. Actually, I turned the USB debugging ON (settings -> applications -> development -> USB debugging), but I don't know if this makes any difference whatsoever.
5. Opened the command line (I'm using Windows Vista, btw): start menu -> cmd.exe.
6. In the command line, went to the folder where the previously extracted file adb.exe was.
7. typed adb reboot-bootloader
Note: I'm pretty sure the steps 5, 6 and 7 can be substituted by booting the phone with the VOL+ and VOL- buttons pressed, as leos0 described (I've already done that), so it's a matter of choice.
8. The phone booted in the fastboot mode (in the screen there was a menu for me to choose between recovery mode, reboot system and something else. I DIDN'T CHOOSE ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS, since I was already in the fastboot mode.
9. Next, I typed fastboot boot recovery.img (in the cmd, of course. NOT in the phone).
10. The phone entered this weird-looking menu just like leos0 described. Using the VOL+ and VOL- buttons to navigate and POWER to choose, I selected the second option ("Install zip from sd").
11. In the next screen, I navigated down untill I reached the "update.zip" file that was previously extracted to the sdcard folder. Pressed POWER button to select it. Then I selected "Yes - install".
12. Some installation screens appeared. After that, something else appeared, and this was not described by leos0: it was kind of a confirmation screen, but since the menu looked weird and too zoomed in, I couldn't read it properly. Anyway, it was something related to "fixing the root", or something... I had 2 options: "NO" and "YES, FIX ROOT".
13. Fearing for my life, I chose "YES, FIX ROOT", and then it said the procedure was done. I went back in the menu, and chose to reboot the phone.
14. It didn't actually reboot, though. It just turned off. I turned it on again (still connected to the pc, but I'm pretty sure that's not necessary), installed the Root Checker app from the PlayStore and BAM! I was roooot!
My phone details:
Android version: 2.3.6
Kernel version: 18.104.22.168+ buildsrv@Ixdex2 #1
Build number: 07.1F.0F
Flex version: LATAM_Claro_Brazil_v19_0312_FLEXTNBST
Software version: TNBST_4_07.1F.0FRPS
Thanks for everybody that kept this thread going for so long, and with so little hope. And thanks for leos0 for making my phone usefull again!