Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover

Tip us?

luciano.chavez
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover

I had pre-ordered this case from Amazon and it shipped earlier than expected. I just got it and want to show an email I sent to the seller regarding the case. Overall, it is an OK case. The leather seems nice but it does have a few issues though I may still end up keeping the case. I will post the reply about these issues once I get it.

Quote:
I just received the case and it seems well made. I do have some questions and concerns about the case though. This is for the ASUS TF300T tablet right? While the packaging said Transformer Prime, I see a sticker on the back that says "RC-TF300-DV-BK" so I presume it is correct.

The leather and stitching on the case is pretty nice. I only have a couple of issues with the alignment of a certain things.

The light sensor is a little bit off center when the front facing camera is centered. The rear camera opening on the sleeve is fine and when using just the sleeve, the rear camera is fine. When the outside cover is attached and aligned, the camera still captures part of the case. I am not sure if the external opening needs to be wider due to the distance between the sleeve and cover.

Also, the opening in the sleeve and cover for the speaker is not centered either.

The opening for the earphone jack could be a bit bigger and aligned better but this is not too troublesome.

Lastly, the features in the Amazon site state this case should have magnetic closure. Either it doesn't or they are very, very weak because mine won't stay closed at all.

I hope to hear back from you soon regarding these questions and concerns.

Thank you for shipping the case earlier than stated!

lifyre
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciano.chavez View Post
I had pre-ordered this case from Amazon and it shipped earlier than expected. I just got it and want to show an email I sent to the seller regarding the case. Overall, it is an OK case. The leather seems nice but it does have a few issues though I may still end up keeping the case. I will post the reply about these issues once I get it.
They sent you the prime case not the TF300 case. I'm currently using the Prime case and am quite satisfied but it does block the mic and headphones

luciano.chavez
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Yep. I got a quick reply that indeed they mistakenly sent me the wrong case. I have to say that the seller "PC Micro Store" is trying to make good and offered to send me this case which is a bit nicer in exchange for the incorrect one they shipped. Kudos to them!

I guess when I get it I will post my impression of that case instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to luciano.chavez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]