Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TF300T Light Bleeding

Tip us?

Northern-Loop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Default TF300T Light Bleeding

Not massive bleeding but it was still there so I managed to get it swapped out today thankfully! I didn't want it getting worse. Seems this was a big problem on the Prime so why havent Asus fixed it for the Pad?

dsf3g
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I've got a little from one edge, but not ebough to bother me. Does this get worse? I assumed it would stay as is.

Northern-Loop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsf3g View Post
I've got a little from one edge, but not ebough to bother me. Does this get worse? I assumed it would stay as is.
I thought over time it would get worse? My replacement model has no signs of this bleeding.

TXKSSnapper
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Can you even see that much light bleed during normal use? I feel like as long as I'm not looking at a black screen with nothing else close to the edge I would never notice this.

Northern-Loop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXKSSnapper View Post
Can you even see that much light bleed during normal use? I feel like as long as I'm not looking at a black screen with nothing else close to the edge I would never notice this.
True but it was bugging me, I started to notice it on the Gallery (Black Screen) then on Boot Up.

Seems I spoke too soon as the sun is setting here and I just started to notice it again...rubbish. Is it a actually fault or just something I have to ignore and live with?

TXKSSnapper
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Not sure how your new one looks, but mine has slightly less bleed than your pics show. I don't notice it at all except during the boot screen, so I'm living with mine. but to each his own, I guess you'll have to decide whether or not its acceptable.

EndlessDissent
Old
Thanks Meter 962

DONATE TO ME
Judging by other people's reports, light bleed is normal with these tablets. The key is to find one with as little light bleed as possible. The first one I got had massive light bleed around all sides, especially in the lower right corner. I exchanged it because of a dead pixel, and my new one has light bleed, too, but it's only across the bottom edge and very minimal. I don't even notice it in the status bar (black and always at the bottom edge of the screen) at all during use, only during boot-up. So, I'm satisfied with my replacement's slight amount of light bleed based on the light bleed from the first one and the reports on this forum.

vadella
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default light bleed

Hi All,

I think it's normal that the Asus TF300 has light bleed,I got my new Asus yesterday and I have same issue.

AirlinerDudeB6
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mine has a minimal amount of bleed at the bottom.

Only notice it during boot tho.

Not worth swapping and getting something worse.

AWD FTW
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Mine also has light bleed, but its not as bad as the first one i had.