(APK) (Updated to 2.1.300 here on 12/14/2012) ATT visual voicemail latest release
Thanks to Note_E
for posting this in the vivid forum, Figured I would bring it here for easier access for newer members, etc
This is the last release of the ATT visual voicemail app before it was taken of the android market. I don't think it will be supported any longer by ATT as they are trying to push the new ATT Messages app. This version is 2.1.112. This is not the ATT messages app that bundles everything together this is soley visual voicemail.
1. Download the apk (bottom of post) to your phone storage in a place you will remember.
2. Make sure you have unknown sources checked in settings/security on your phone
3. Uninstall any old version of ATT voicemail you may have on the phone. ( if you dont you may get a signature error)
4. use esfile explorer
or whatever file explorer you prefer to navigate to the apk and install it.
5. Before you open it the first time make sure you turn wifi off it seems this app doesnt like wifi so its easier to set up over your mobile data connection. Once you set it up you can turn wifi back on and you should be good to go.
* Another option for install advanced users only - You can also place the APK in your data/app folder set permissions to rw-r-r then reboot the phone. This way you shouldn't have to go through the installation process.
NOTE: You must have visual voicemail on your account for this app to work. If you installed ATT messages and want to revert back to just visual voicemail with this app a call to ATT customer service to reset things may be necessary.
If this helped hit the thanks button!