Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] is there something like Market Enabler for Google Play Store ?

OP yamyoume

18th May 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
hey guys i just bought the new HTC ONE X THe global version and in my country google play store is not working at all
is there any way to get it work ???
to access us market i mean
something like market enabler (which don't work for google play)
thanks
18th May 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #2  
DarkhShadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
You need Market Enabler and a proxy/vpn in the country you want to fake to do it

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkhShadow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkhShadow

You need Market Enabler and a proxy/vpn in the country you want to fake to do it

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

thank you for answering
but are you sure market enabler would work for google play store ??
18th May 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
DarkhShadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 278
 
1,798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamyoume

thank you for answering
but are you sure market enabler would work for google play store ??

Well I used droidVPN(America server) and market enabled(T-Mobile USA), cleared store cache then loaded it and it was US store! Of course you will need to remain connected to it for as long as you want to use market.

Also I suggest activating Google music while using above method, once active it works anywhere

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
1st June 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #5  
edbertin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamyoume

hey guys i just bought the new HTC ONE X THe global version and in my country google play store is not working at all
is there any way to get it work ???
to access us market i mean
something like market enabler (which don't work for google play)
thanks

I noticed that most market enabler apps from Play Store was removed. I download the apk from dev here http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/downloads/list and then I used proxpn free vpn account (mine is premium) and works.

Note: tick the option to install apk from unknow sources on security settings before install the apk
Have fun :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Last edited by edbertin; 1st June 2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Correct link
The Following User Says Thank You to edbertin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes