****** Due to heavy download from wordwide users, Dropbox has temporay disabled my Public share because the traffic. ******
I had to created a new PRIVATE share to keep ALL files alive
In-order to download the files you need to have account with DropBox and click here to download
To help keep all links alive, please open new account with Dropbox by click here http://db.tt/AxpJcW9F , you will receive 2.5 GB of FREE cloud storage which can acces anywhere, anytime.
End Updated on 7-20-2012
After spend days reading hundred threads on multiple sites, I have come up with a quick instruction in 1 page on how to unbrick D2G and unlock the band to use on CDMA, GSM network such as Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. (Sim must be unlocked by calling Verizon or using third parties unlocked from internet search)
All credit will go to the original posters; I'm just combined all together to create an instruction easy for new users plus all the files download are in one place too.
Copy files from step 5, 6, 7, 9 and 18 to SD card before perform "How to" steps below:
How to un-bricked and band-unlock Droid 2 Global:
1. Flash 608 SBF using RSDLite (VRZ_A956_4.5.608_1FF_01.sbf) (press up arrow on keyboard while power up to enter flash mode)
2. Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite (BL=2 BOOT REC CDTf__Repack_629.sbf)
3. Reboot, wipe data and cache (press x on keyboard while power up then press volume Up+Down at the same time )
4. Enable Unknown Source and Development features in Setting (To Bypass activation, press TopLeft, TopRight, BottomRight, BottomLeft (above Emergency))
5. Root D2G withSuperOneClick v2.3.3
6. InstallOtaRootKeeper, Run Protect-root then temp-unroot
7. Reboot to recovery then install 629 OTA update.zip then reboot(Blur_Version.4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US.zip)
8. Open OtaRootKeeper and restore Root
9. InstallDroid 2 Recovery Bootstap.apk then Reboot to Recovery
10. At Clockwork Recovery, run Backup the nan-droid
11. Flash 330 SBF suing RSDLite (VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
12. Flash 608 using EzSBF on USB stick (1KDStaz_D2G_4.5.608.iso) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
13. Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite (2_BL=2 BOOT REC CDTf__Repack_629.sbf)
14. Reboot, wipe data and cache
15. Enable Unknown source and Development features in Setting
16. Root D2G with SuperOneClick v2.3.3
17. Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstap.apk then Reboot to Recovery
18. At Clockwork Recovery, Wipe Cache and install band unlock (TBH_Band_Unlock_v2.0.zip)
19. At Clockwork Recovery, run RESTORE the nan-droid (the one that backup on step 10)
20. Reboot phone then it should be able to us AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon and enjoy
If you have any questions or problems, please post it here so we can help.
Please post your feedback here after your phone is unlocked.
Also, please select your RATING at the Top Right of this post