Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root Toshiba Excite AT305?

Tip us?

AspenMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Question [Q] Root Toshiba Excite AT305?

I've searched high and low and haven't found anything on rooting the new Toshiba Excite AT305. Apparently there's an issue finding ADB drivers that will work with it.

I've had mine for a couple days and other than not being able to root I love it.

Has anyone had any luck rooting this tablet? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

AspenMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Anyone? Please? ;)

soulburnerms
Old
(Last edited by soulburnerms; 20th May 2012 at 07:18 PM.) Reason: adding PS1
Thanks Meter 0
@AspenMan

im about to buy this same tablet today and i have the same doubt... i was googling and i've found this link - http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/toshiba-excite-10/ - an entire forum only about excite 10.... so... maybe... maybe they will have something soon.... i hope very very soon =)

Cheers =)

PS: mind to say a word here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26307077 ???

PS1: And this tablet comes with what in its box? charger + tablet + manual + what else???

AspenMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
So far I really like the AT305. It does have a little light bleed but it's not that bad on mine, maybe I got lucky.

The only things I really miss about being rooted are AdFree and Titanium backup. Other than that I'm digging this tab.

The only things that came in the box are the USB cable (with Toshiba's proprietary connecter at one end, full size USB on the other) and the Wall USB charger, rated 5v/2000mHa. The user guide is just a quick start guide with the full guide in PDF format on the tablet

I do really like the fact you can charge this tablet off a standard USB port. I got an external battery for it to charge on the go and it's works perfectly (Amazon Link), and a micro USB host cable for it (Amazon Link). Be sure any external storage you're using is formatted to exFAT (or any other FAT formatting), NOT NTFS. It doesn't like NTFS. If you use an SD card formatted to NTSF it will be read only... Took me a while to figure this out...

Now let's hope the devs figure out root soon!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulburnerms View Post
@AspenMan

im about to buy this same tablet today and i have the same doubt... i was googling and i've found this link - http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/toshiba-excite-10/ - an entire forum only about excite 10.... so... maybe... maybe they will have something soon.... i hope very very soon =)

Cheers =)

PS: mind to say a word here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26307077 ???

PS1: And this tablet comes with what in its box? charger + tablet + manual + what else???

mndshok
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I happen to know that one developer has adb drivers now working for the at305. He has not posted them yet but I am hoping soon. Keep an eye on the at305 forum listed above. Hopefully we can get these tablets rooted soon.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

babblin5
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default They're up!

The ADB drivers are up now.

soulburnerms
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by babblin5 View Post
The ADB drivers are up now.
wheres the link man??? next wed im my tablet will be dropped at my place =)

thx =)

mndshok
Old
(Last edited by mndshok; 25th May 2012 at 06:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
There is a sticky posted at the beginning of the main Excite forum.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

babblin5
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Anyone manage a root yet?

corwest
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Would also like to know that.
Watch THIS if your new before you ask your question
And THIS is awesome.

My Device History: