OP chacona

19th May 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 51

83 posts
More
Hi guys,

I am trying to create an update.zip, with stuffs from TheManii's 408 deodexed package. Since I decided that my phone won't contain any useless stock app, I decided to remove GoogleQuickSearch.apk, also use ADWLauncher as my default desktop replacement.

The problem is, my update.zip can be flashed successfully using CWM, but ADW reports "Problem loading widget" in its default screen, since GoogleQuickSearch is not there.

Could you please let me know how to adjust default ROM widget settings (e.g. I guess that there should be some settings some where that helps me removing GoogleQuickSearch from launcher by default).

--
Chacona
19th May 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 52

270 posts
More
ci rom đấy tc giả xa widget mặc đinh đi rồi hay sao ấy
23rd May 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #3  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,545

3,455 posts
Remove the broken widget and manually place a new one, this isnt specific to any launcher.

Any time it tries to load a widget that's not there/frozen you might have to place a fresh one if it doesnt fix itself when it should otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 51

83 posts
More
TheManii,

Yes, I know that the issue is not specific for any launcher. What I meant was, I do not want QuickSearch, so how to get rid of the error message when I remove it?

Is there any place in the ROM I could edit (e.g. a configuration file) so that Venue/ROM/launcher realizes that I do not want the widget to be loaded?
24th May 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #5  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,545

3,455 posts
It should be possible, but also keep in mind that there's no hard, standardized layout for their config files. Each launcher could store the widget settings in their own manner and there's many different launchers.

Perhaps you should consider asking your launcher maker to add a setting to automatically remove uninstalled widgets, but from a user perspective your only real choice is to manually remove them.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread