Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Diztronic Case Review

OP Koizuma

20th May 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 65

732 posts
More
I was bored enough so here is a simple review of the Diztronic TPU case for the One X.

First impressions of it, it looks like most standard TPU cases. the one thing that really caught my eye was the matte backing and the glossy sides which imitates that of the phone how it has a matte back and glossy sides at least in the case of the grey version of the One X.

Also shown in the pics you can see the cutouts for the rear speaker, headphone jack, power rocker, volume rockers, and USB port Which with them cut out like that they are super easy to press.

Fitment wise this thing fits the ATT One X like a dream, infact the fitment is so close it does take a little pressure getting the remaining two sides of the phone into the case.

an overall back view of the case installed, the cutouts for the rear speaker and the camera's LED are perfect, the camera isn't covered up all that great but, laying it on a desk or table it doesn't hit the camera bezel.

Heres a closer look of the camera area of the case when installed, as you can see the cutout is rather big but i have yet to have the lense or the bezel make contact with what the phone is resting on.

for the final picture i opted to take one with the screen protector installed just so everyone can see how it lines up. at the top its maybe a 1mm gap at the top and bottom, the sides have 4/5mm gap side to side, which i could live with, using a wet apply screen protector with this case WILL make the sides bubble up.

Overall, I love how this case feels when it is installed, how it feels in the hand. Almost like nothing is even on the phone, it's lightweight and very minimal bulk. The screen protector is a bit lacking on the sides but with the curved glass, what can you expect. Overall a very damn good case in my opinion hope you enjoyed the review.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Koizuma For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 96

1,065 posts
Thank you for your review. Mine should arrive Monday.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
20th May 2012, 04:37 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,481

5,938 posts
More
Awesome review, thanks for taking the time to post this.

You'll have to forgive me here but I'm pretty colorblind... what color is that? lol
Last edited by _MetalHead_; 20th May 2012 at 04:39 AM.
20th May 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag College Station, TX
Thanks Meter: 6

142 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine fits very similar but is rocketfish from best buy...so how much was yours?

20th May 2012, 05:20 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chicagoland

5,938 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin4913

They are less than $10 on amazon.
20th May 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Tennessee

732 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin4913

After everything was said and done total came to: $12.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Awesome review, thanks for taking the time to post this.

You'll have to forgive me here but I'm pretty colorblind... what color is that? lol

I thought it would help some since I didnt see an actual review of the case but the one that I had bought was this one

"Matte Back Translucent Black"
Last edited by Koizuma; 20th May 2012 at 05:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koizuma For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #7  
Flag So Cal, California
Thanks Meter: 371

2,671 posts
More
i dont like the case at all, dust tends to get under the case some how... by looking at it, its not a tight fit but oh well, this will hold until i figure out what case i should buy
22nd May 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #8  
Flag Chicagoland

5,938 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koizuma

After everything was said and done total came to: $12.40

I thought it would help some since I didnt see an actual review of the case but the one that I had bought was this one

"Matte Back Translucent Black"

Cool. I generally despise TPU cases but I need something thin so I'm gonna give it a shot. Can't beat the price.
22nd May 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Tennessee

732 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Cool. I generally despise TPU cases but I need something thin so I'm gonna give it a shot. Can't beat the price.

I never cared to much for them either until i had my sgs2 with a incipio ngp, from there on i liked them. my normal choice for a case was otterbox but i didnt wanna put a bulky case on this slim device. so got to looking around on amazon and seen the diztronic.
22nd May 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #10  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 49

312 posts
More
Thanks for the review. I ordered two from Amazon. I've always like TPU cases, especially the ones made by Diztronic.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread