Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need help to Root MT6575 N8000 phone

OP aviator-hk

20th May 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I bought MT6575 N8000 android phone in china, how to Root this device.

Anyone can help?

Phone specify :-

- Phone Model : N8000
- Model number : e1808_v77_jbl1
- Android version : 4.0.3
- Baseband version : MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V14. 2012/04/20 17:38
- Kernel version : 3.0.13 Wed May 9.18:45:04 CST 2012
- Build number : ALPS.ICS.MP.V1.11
- Custom Built Version : 1336560327
- CPU MTK MT6575 512 rom 512 ram

Thank All.
20th May 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Did you try Superoneclick?

I rooted phone with MT6573 without problem and Unrooted it too. Should work for MT6575 too.
Im running Superoneclick v2.3.3.0 on win7. Im not an expert, but I did like this.
Connect phone on USB, make shure that you have debuging, start superoneclick and click on Root,
I think superoneclik will ask you to instal driver for mt65xx phones....and process will start, it will ask you to install busy box also, and its done after that.

Just tell me if you succeed, I want to buy same phone with totally same ROM, I want to know if its possible to root it.
20th May 2012, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
not working, Superoneclick v2.3.3.0 just for android 2.3.x, thanks.
21st May 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #4  

12 posts
Ah no!
Ok,just write here if you succeed with anything so I know....

By the way, little of topic, did you try Skype on that one? Is Skype video working?

Thanks!
21st May 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 34

252 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646544

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2
21st May 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 18

21 posts
Dear aviator-hk,

Actually rooting chinese mtk65xx phone is difficult part. We have to try again and again with superoneclick.

Please download SuperOneClick, which is I am using http://www.mediafire.com/?c87n484114171u6

I have added motofail exploit with this.

Tricky part is rooting this phone with SuperOneClick

When superoneclick hangs on 7th step, do as per below instruction.

1. goto phone settings->applications->development->USB debugging uncheck it and recheck it again.

2. now click root again.

If not works, try a couple of time, again and again. you will succeed.

In this method, I have rooted lot of times.

Thats all, your phone will be rooted now, have fun.
22nd May 2012, 01:48 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Superoneclick 2.3.3.0 still hangs on 7th step, can not root.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1532
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1075582  
22nd May 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #8  

12 posts
I bought phone

same for me, also hangs on step 7, I tried many many times, same result.
On the side of superoneclick I can see its written something about android 2.2 and 2.3, maybe its trying to find directories which doesn't exist because its 4.0.3 android.

Did you also got version with 2Gb internal SD memory? Do you know how to move aplications to aditional SD which you can put in the slot. Applications menu showing only internal memory and internal SD card 2Gb as option to move aplication. 2gb is a lot for apps, but anyway is it not better to have an option to use additional SD card, feels more free....
22nd May 2012, 12:00 PM   |  #9  

12 posts
I succeded!

Its a little tricky....
I used both superuser and one more program

First download root.exe program from

dropbox . c o m /s/6hy3kxhsr8eobid/Root.rar

extract it to desktop

then download usb drivers from

mediafire . c o m /?b4v3gen9735jj

You need to download only "MT6575 USB VCOM drivers.7z"
extract them to any place

Read first, and do later so that you dont miss anything

I don't know If you already tried to root with superoneclick and did superoneclick installed drivers for you? You can check that on device manager, when phone connected and debuging on you should see device "Android phone" and under installed driver something like "ADB compatible device".... and all that without any ! or ? sign. If you have that, jump over step 1. with superoneclick

1. Start superoneclick, connect usb and enable debuging on the phone, click Root! Program will ask you to install ADB driver for you, just click yes and proceed yes on any other question from windows.
superoneclick will hang on step 7 as usual. Just unplug usb and turn off superoneclick, you dont need it anymore.

2. Connect again usb cable to the phone. There must be several ways to do this but I did on this way....
after You connected USB cable start program ROOT.exe
I don't have any idea what is written in Chinese there, but just click ONES on left button(ROOT), it looks like nothing happens but....phone will turn off...and some message will appier again in Chinese on a root program, 3 words... and there is only OK button.Wait with this button.
Now when phone is OFF don't worry about it, look into Device manager on a PC and try to find something like MT65XX preloader driver, should be with yellow question sign next to it.Right click on it and choose update driver. Navigate to your drivers which you extracted before from "MT6575 USB Vcom Driver.7z" and choose folder for win7 if you use win7... Installation of driver should succeed. Phone will probably already start itself under time you installed preloader driver.... don't worry about that.
If phone is started now click on OK button on Chinese program and wait, phone will probably turn off itself again. You will get again Chinese message with 3 words and OK to click but wait with that. It takes little until phone starting itself again, just don't touch anything. After this final restart check phone menu,you should have phone rooted and super user installed if so, remove USB cable. If not, repeat last step.

It was little long explanation I hope you understand.

Now when I did that finally, Im wondering if in case I need to restore my phone and delete google account from it. How can I do it in an easy way? Is it safe to factory reset an rooted phone??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to da_bre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #10  
hong kong

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bre

I succeded!

Its a little tricky....
I used both superuser and one more program

First download root.exe program from

dropbox . c o m /s/6hy3kxhsr8eobid/Root.rar

extract it to desktop

then download usb drivers from

mediafire . c o m /?b4v3gen9735jj

You need to download only "MT6575 USB VCOM drivers.7z"
extract them to any place

Read first, and do later so that you dont miss anything

I don't know If you already tried to root with superoneclick and did superoneclick installed drivers for you? You can check that on device manager, when phone connected and debuging on you should see device "Android phone" and under installed driver something like "ADB compatible device".... and all that without any ! or ? sign. If you have that, jump over step 1. with superoneclick

1. Start superoneclick, connect usb and enable debuging on the phone, click Root! Program will ask you to install ADB driver for you, just click yes and proceed yes on any other question from windows.
superoneclick will hang on step 7 as usual. Just unplug usb and turn off superoneclick, you dont need it anymore.

2. Connect again usb cable to the phone. There must be several ways to do this but I did on this way....
after You connected USB cable start program ROOT.exe
I don't have any idea what is written in Chinese there, but just click ONES on left button(ROOT), it looks like nothing happens but....phone will turn off...and some message will appier again in Chinese on a root program, 3 words... and there is only OK button.Wait with this button.
Now when phone is OFF don't worry about it, look into Device manager on a PC and try to find something like MT65XX preloader driver, should be with yellow question sign next to it.Right click on it and choose update driver. Navigate to your drivers which you extracted before from "MT6575 USB Vcom Driver.7z" and choose folder for win7 if you use win7... Installation of driver should succeed. Phone will probably already start itself under time you installed preloader driver.... don't worry about that.
If phone is started now click on OK button on Chinese program and wait, phone will probably turn off itself again. You will get again Chinese message with 3 words and OK to click but wait with that. It takes little until phone starting itself again, just don't touch anything. After this final restart check phone menu,you should have phone rooted and super user installed if so, remove USB cable. If not, repeat last step.

It was little long explanation I hope you understand.

Now when I did that finally, Im wondering if in case I need to restore my phone and delete google account from it. How can I do it in an easy way? Is it safe to factory reset an rooted phone??

==========
i did the first step ,it goes till #7 and hangs,,so i closed the superoneclick,,reconnect the usb ,but the phone didint turn off../ no clue,, and i cant see any root.exe programm?/ help.

The Following User Says Thank You to shikhar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root mt6575 n8000
Previous Thread Next Thread