Not to start something but

OP ejc1214

21st May 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #81  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,016

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaze

R U Serious??? There are enough threads in this forum for you to know that what you stated is not true. There is a thread that clearly states some LTE sites are going live THIS MONTH.

There is another thread that shows sprints fingerprint and which areas will be getting LTE and when.

You can go check those out and then you will actually be informed and not have to post bad information and risk the chance of getting flamed.

What do you mean I just read an article someone on here posted that said 2013 rollouts begin in Texas Baltimore and Kansas city. Maybe next month are just tests? I have yet to read anything about lte rolling out before that. So if you can post a link for me I'd like to read it. I'm not trying to start anything and will be the first to admit I'm wrong. I'd rather read legit sites about it than user speculation.

Btw I didn't post bad information. I didn't post information at all. Read my first sentence. It's a question. The rest is my opinion. You're telling me I should be flamed for that? Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Last edited by Skizzy034; 21st May 2012 at 02:32 PM.
21st May 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 900

3,605 posts
More
http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/90...schedule-maps/
Merry Christmas

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ckoadiyn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2012, 03:12 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 154

678 posts
I am a sprint customer and have been for years. This has the potential to be a great phone,but at it's current price point it is not. While many people say they don't need mobile data service you are paying for it and not getting it. That is the problem i have. People bitch about apple people being sheep and many of us are doing the same here. I believe the phone should be free or about 50 bucks until lte is live in your market. In the majority of markets there is no other carrier that has a "flagship" phone as handicapped as this one.I know "well don't buy it then" I am trying to show my brothers and sisters that impulse buying of this phone may not be a great thing, think about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody296 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 87

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody296

I am a sprint customer and have been for years. This has the potential to be a great phone,but at it's current price point it is not. While many people say they don't need mobile data service you are paying for it and not getting it. That is the problem i have. People bitch about apple people being sheep and many of us are doing the same here. I believe the phone should be free or about 50 bucks until lte is live in your market. In the majority of markets there is no other carrier that has a "flagship" phone as handicapped as this one.I know "well don't buy it then" I am trying to show my brothers and sisters that impulse buying of this phone may not be a great thing, think about it.

Free or $50 really? You do realize lte is rolling out now, and the phone has 3g. Go take a look at the $50 phones out there.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Wakawaka024 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 154

678 posts
lte rolling out right now is no different than a promise made by a politician,until it's actually live in a market and works from point a to point b its vaporware, and one third of our bill or more is paid to support that network. Look at all the other carriers, data usage is what is monitored the most and thats what you get charged the most for. Hell i'd be willing to pay an extra $10 a month for unlimited lte once it works but until then i'd be giving them $30 a month for nothing, hence the free phone thought. (amazon wireless shows s2 touch for one cent on sprint i guess the new evo is worth 50 bucks more)
Last edited by woody296; 21st May 2012 at 04:00 PM.
21st May 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #86  
Flag Claxton
Thanks Meter: 14

180 posts
More
Quote:

If I were to buy a 3G smartphone from Sprint I would pay the same cost for data, I want the phone for it's hardware which is amazing. I am in an office 9 hrs a day then at home, or when I am around town almost all the places I go have wifi, so I only have to worry about 3G when I am on the road, which if I am driving is definitely a non issue.
21st May 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #87  
Flag Amsterdam, NY

4,956 posts
Quote:

I agree 100%

21st May 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #88  
Flag Amsterdam, NY

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkswanpres

If I were to buy a 3G smartphone from Sprint I would pay the same cost for data, I want the phone for it's hardware which is amazing. I am in an office 9 hrs a day then at home, or when I am around town almost all the places I go have wifi, so I only have to worry about 3G when I am on the road, which if I am driving is definitely a non issue.

I too have WiFi everywhere but it really sucks when there isn't WiFi and data speeds are so bad. You think it won't be an issue but it's very noticeable. Hardware is only half of what makes a phone great. What happens when you are somewhere with no WiFi and you wanna show someone your cool phone and it takes forever to connect to anything?

21st May 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 4

127 posts
Quote:

By the time LTE exists in your market, maybe this device will be $50. Of course you can go get a free device or $50 at your local Sprint store right now that will fulfill all your needs. This device is a flagship device, and that means it is not intended for every Sprint customer. For those that want/need the hardware capacity, form factor, latest generation OS and eventual LTE support, then it is for them.

Impulse buying of any phone, or anything really is certainly not a great thing, but you may be missing the forest by yelling at the trees. Remember that when the Evo came out very few people could use 4g. It was still agreat device, with a loyal following and actually competes well with handsets today.
21st May 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #90  
Flag Claxton
Thanks Meter: 14

180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzMcNizz

I agree 100%

I understand you point of view, but the cost of going to another carrier isn't worth it for the data connection I hardly use. I pay $50 a month per phone, no other carrier can touch that.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread