Do you use a screen protector for your note?

22nd May 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #21  
Flag Gorinchem
Thanks Meter: 13

93 posts
More
I never used a screenprotector on my HTC Desire for two years, but decided on buying one for my Note. I'm glad I did. Let the pictures tell the story (mine is on the left ):

(the case is a CaseMate Tough)

It's a Steinheil Ultra Fine. As you can see in the pictures, it helps reduce reflections a lot. I find it very anoying that you can use the device like a shaving/makeup mirror. It's distracting.

Also, the Steinheil Ultra Fine is not affected by fingerprints at all. If you have very greasy fingers (let's say you wiped your sweaty forehead) you see it a bit, but that is easily wiped away with you finger. No problem at all.

I'm not paid by Steinheil, I'm just very satisfied with the screenprotector. In a way the Note is better with the screeny, because you slide more easily over the screen. Without it, you sometimes have a bit too much grip with your finger.

If you like the ultra-bright colour, don't use this protector, because it makes the screen a bit more matte. I don't mind, functionality and ease of use are key for me.
Last edited by Mike Philippens; 22nd May 2012 at 10:56 PM.
22nd May 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
I use an economic screen protector but it's really good:)

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
22nd May 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #23  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 53

198 posts
More
I had an hd2 i beat up
never used a screen protector no sctratches

same w note its gorilla glass its difficult 2 scratch
ur screen protector is ez 2 scratch
seeing a scratch our screen protector doesnt mean it stopped anything from scratching ur phone...its not diamond proof but u can grind ur keys into ur screen and it shouldnt scratch easily most may disagree me but the screen protector is redundant 2 me and a waste of money and fun bc of ita negative effect on the touch screen expirience. I dunno maybe the finger grease issue makes it a good idea...

I dont even use a case i go naked and theres nothing BUT concrete around me lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
Last edited by TopOfNewYork; 22nd May 2012 at 11:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TopOfNewYork For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,509

7,070 posts
Donate to Me
More
I never use them..screen still perfect..I either use my seido case with holster or yoobao slim.

Sent from my GT-N7000
23rd May 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #25  
Craiova
Thanks Meter: 55

272 posts
More
Angry NOPE!
Hate screen protectors, hate the feeling, the distortion (except from the really expensive ones), hate everything about them.

Had my Note 8 months now in a slim back case, NO scratches, AT ALL, I did NOT expect that, especially since my Ace and S2 got scratched quite bad having been kept in previous similar conditions

All I did was try not to be a moron and slip it in my pocket with sandpaper or keys or stuff like that...

It also took one drop screen-down on the train, from the seat to the floor and it hasn't got a single thing on it. The fact that my screen is disgustingly greasy most of the time might've helped as well....
23rd May 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Better be save than sorry. Like most of you, I hate screen protector till my iPad2 screen got scratch, even when i protect it with smart cover. I believe it was becos of dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestino123

Bought 2x sgp ultra. Tried in vain to fit them on the phone but found it impossible to do so without getting dust trapped.

So I threw them both away, and looking back, I'm glad I did.

I just keep it in one pocket and don't put anything else in there with it.

That's what I got for my Note. Took me just 5 min (after create some kind of "fog" in the bathroom to get rid of dust in the air). Measure it first on the phone so you know how it should be on, pay attentions especially to it conners and around home button - speaker etc... and remember those positions. Then, tear the nylon on the backside of the protector just 1/3 way down, and align it exactly how you want it tobe on either top or bottom of the phone. When satisfied, just tear it off and apply the rest.

Now you should see some dust underneath, just dont panic. Use the stickers they provided, one on the protector near where the dust are, leave abit out so you can lift that part of the protector up, then use another sticker and stick it on the dust (either on the screen or the protector itself) to remove it, and lie it down again, see if it gone. You can then use a creditcard or similar to push bubble out of the way. Remember that bubble which got dust inside can not be push out, but using the method I mentioned about to remove it.

My screen now look perfect, seriously I put it next to my friend phone which doesnt protected, and there's no diff at all! If you want, I can post pics, but it gonna be weird as you guys gonna say there's no protector on it at all.

So, I know some of you hate it because of those annoying bubbles or ugly matte protectors, but just buy a good quality clear protector, and with a lillte patience you can protect your beloved phone, so why not?
23rd May 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #27  
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 336

2,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intolaomair

I have a screen protector currently, but I'm thinking of taking it off.

What do you guys think? Are you folks using a screen protector?

I don't use them and here's proof.....LOL I hate them and yeah Gorilla glass can scratch. But the tools in my garage aren't spotless either. Nasty Smudge scratches and a small scratch. I am sure there will be a few more before I am done with this Note.

23rd May 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 18

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmod

I don't use screen protector because I want the best touch experience

me too
23rd May 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 30

544 posts
I used one on my nexus s for about 4 months I think. Anyway I took it off after those months and never went back.

Obviously you have to be careful at all times with any handset to keep it in good condition. Anyway I have never used a screen protector on any of my devices since over a year ago and so far so good. The screen is just better without one. Clearer and brighter with more pop in the colours. There's no comparison really and I saw that after using one on my nexus for a few months. If you first put it in you won't always notice at first, but after months or weeks of usage you will see the difference when you take it off.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
23rd May 2012, 04:41 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
More
not using at all on my note... had it on previous phones though... i find gorilla glass itself is good enough for me

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread