Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Voice Dial apk.. Works on rooted phones!

OP Psyclism

21st May 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

48 posts
One of the major disappointments I had when I first got this phone was discovering that the OS doesn't come with a voice dialer. So I started trying the various voice dial apps on the market, and none worked well. After much searching, I found a ICS compatible version of the standard voice dial application. So I'm going to attach it here for those of you that want to have this functionality.

I installed it via the standard app installer, then I went into titanium backup and converted it into a system app. I'm sure there's a more direct method, but this worked for me.

Hope this works for everyone, but so far it's worked perfectly for me!
Attached Files
File Type: apk VoiceDialer.apk - [Click for QR Code] (116.7 KB, 2283 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psyclism For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2012, 02:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

262 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclism

One of the major disappointments I had when I first got this phone was discovering that the OS doesn't come with a voice dialer. So I started trying the various voice dial apps on the market, and none worked well. After much searching, I found a ICS compatible version of the standard voice dial application. So I'm going to attach it here for those of you that want to have this functionality.

I installed it via the standard app installer, then I went into titanium backup and converted it into a system app. I'm sure there's a more direct method, but this worked for me.

you are a lifesaver. i was looking all over for this, as I'm running a custom rom and it didn't include this as well. and you know how the google one requires a data connection and I don't have a data plan.
so thanks a bunch!! and it works great.
btw, what does making it a system app do?
24th May 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

48 posts
The voice dialer didn't work for me initially, but did start working after I converted it into a system app. That's @ll the explanation I can give you.
24th May 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #4  

262 posts
Quote:

The voice dialer didn't work for me initially, but did start working after I converted it into a system app. That's @ll the explanation I can give you.

yeah you're right, it doesn't work when I actually want to dial (gives message "unfortunately, voice dialer has stopped" - it brings up a list of names ok though. can you explain how you converted it to a system app? I tried but couldn't figure it out. thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamming_sammy1

yeah you're right, it doesn't work when I actually want to dial (gives message "unfortunately, voice dialer has stopped" - it brings up a list of names ok though. can you explain how you converted it to a system app? I tried but couldn't figure it out. thanks!

ah nevermind, i'm using the free version and you need the paid version to convert.
24th May 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #5  

262 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamming_sammy1

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

ah nevermind, i'm using the free version and you need the paid version to convert.

i was able to convert it to a system app using apps2Rom from the market. and it works well now. thanks!!
25th May 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 46

534 posts
More
Worked like a charm! Thanks for the instructions.

Sent from the future using the Tardis
6th March 2013, 07:09 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Last edited by xperia619; 6th March 2013 at 07:18 PM.
15th April 2013, 02:56 PM   |  #8  
Flag Taxachusetts
Thanks Meter: 40

97 posts
More
Quote:

thank you sir, just what i have been searching for in vain...until now
15th April 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #9  

5 posts
!
I never found the voice dialer to work well if you have a lisp or an accent. luckily google voice will dial/text/email/gps/map and search for you and it adapts to your voice overtime( as long as that has been checked in the setting).

The Following User Says Thank You to androidbothell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread