Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Setting up Auto brightness for nAa MiniCM7 X10 MP

OP Noobonic

22nd May 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

46 posts
More
Ok, I haven't seen a topic on how to get this working, so I decided why not put this up. Mods you can remove this thread if it's already there or move it to the correct section (would help more people If it were in the X10 MP Development forum).

First off I should say I own 3 X10 Mini Pros with nAa's MiniCM7 2.2.0 with his kernel and that's what this guide is for. I have not tested this on any other device!

Auto brightness & keyboard lights work fine without any third party solution. The only problem I have (which happens rarely), is that the kb light doesn't come up after unlocking the phone and locking it right after then unlocking it again using the keyboard. And to fix that, just get the phone in some light to reset the sensor and bam it's working again, so that's no biggie. I think that's just a bug from the ROM itself since it happens on all 3 devices.

To get Auto Brightness working:

1. Goto Settings > Display > Brightness > Enable Automatic Brightness
2. Goto Settings > CyanogenMod Setting > Display > (I have ultra brightness disabled) > Automatic backlight >

Light sensor filter > Disabled

(Important ) Use Custom > Enabled
Edit Other levels:
Code:
Lower          Upper              Screen        Buttons            Keyboard
0               3                    41            255                 255
4               15                   81            255                 255
16              63                   143           255                 255
64              249                  186           255                 255
250            infinity              255           0                     0
You can adjust the screen levels to your liking. Ranges 0-3 are in low light situations and 250-infinity is for bright (eg. outdoors) situations. You can also adjust the levels for keyboard to your liking (0 = off, 1-255=on). Leave the values for buttons at 255.

Allow light decrease > Disabled

Alternative:

An alternative to for fixing the keyboard lights (Just the Kb lights only, not auto brightness) is using D4rKn3sSyS' Kfix 2.3.
Just install that, turn the light levels all the way up and bring the light sensitivity all the way down (to the left), then adjust to your liking.

I don't use D4's Kfix since I have everything working fine without it. This is just for others who want to try fixing with a 3rd party solution.

Hit "Thanks" if I helped.
Last edited by Noobonic; 24th May 2012 at 03:38 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noobonic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 32

258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobonic

Ok, I haven't seen a topic on how to get this working, so I decided why not put this up. Mods you can remove this thread if it's already there or move it to the correct section (would help more people If it were in the X10 MP Development forum).

First off I should say I own 3 X10 Mini Pros with nAa's MiniCM7 2.2.0 with his kernel and that's what this guide is for. I have not tested this on any other device!

Auto brightness & keyboard lights work fine without any third party solution. The only problem I have (which happens rarely), is that the kb light doesn't come up after unlocking the phone and locking it right after then unlocking it again using the keyboard. And to fix that, just get the phone in some light to reset the sensor and bam it's working again, so that's no biggie. I think that's just a bug from the ROM itself since it happens on all 3 devices.

To get Auto Brightness working:

1. Goto Settings > Display > Brightness > Enable Automatic Brightness
2. Goto Settings > CyanogenMod Setting > Display > (I have ultra brightness disabled) > Automatic backlight >

Light sensor filter > Disabled

(Important ) Use Custom > Enabled
Edit Other levels:

Code:
Lower          Upper              Screen        Buttons            Keyboard
0               3                    41            255                 255
4               15                   81            255                 255
16              63                   143           255                 255
64              249                  186           255                 255
250            infinity              255           0                     0
You can adjust the screen levels to your liking. Ranges 0-3 are in low light situations and 250-infinity is for bright (eg. outdoors) situations. DO NOT ADJUST THE LEVELS FOR BUTTONS AND KEYBOARD!

Allow light decrease > Disabled

Alternative:

An alternative to for fixing the keyboard lights (Just the Kb lights only, not auto brightness) is using D4rKn3sSyS' Kfix 2.3.
Just install that, turn the light levels all the way up and bring the light sensitivity all the way down (to the left), then adjust to your liking.

I don't use D4's Kfix since I have everything working fine without it. This is just fo others who want to try fixing with a 3rd party solution.

Hit "Thanks" if I helped.

I have the levels for keyboard to just turn on in when is almost in darkness, and not on full (255) and is working flawless. why do you say that mustn't be adjusted?
The Following User Says Thank You to anancr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Please do not quote whole posts. You answered directly to the posts above yours. That is without any sense.
Or do you always repeat all the things your discussion partner said?
23rd May 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

46 posts
More
@anancr Any value from 1-255 is acceptable to make the lights turn on, what I meant was to not change the value to zero (which will turn the lights off). Hope that clarified it.

Hit thanks if this thread helped!
Last edited by Noobonic; 23rd May 2012 at 05:52 PM.
24th May 2012, 06:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Thanks! That worked for me!
31st May 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 55

314 posts
More
Thanks ! Also worked