JKay Deluxe framework
The Deluxe framework is a modified version of the original android framework made by Google and Samsung. Five files have been extended: Settings.apk, SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, Ext.jar and Android.Policy.jar
Find the framework that matches your PDA:
To find your PDA version call *#1234# and write down the value next to PDA:
Odexed or Deodexed?
If you use a stock Samsung rom then your phone uses an odexed framework so select odexed. Custom roms are usually deodexed.
Odex means Optimized Dalvik Executable. Deodex means that it is no longer optimized. Here the dex file is included within the application itself (the classes.dex file).
Deluxe framework version 14.1 can be found here (Find the Deluxe framework that matches your PDA):
Deluxe Framework 14.1
Deluxe framework version 14 can be found here (Find the Deluxe framework that matches your PDA):
Download the new Deluxe framework and put it on your SD card.
Also download the Restore file for your phone and put it onto your SD card.
Use this restore file in case you want to uninstall the JKay Deluxe framework.
The Deluxe framework can be installed using CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery). CWM is a recovery system like Samsungs original recovery system but CWM allows third-party updates to be installed onto your phone!
An CWM update zip file exists that can be temporary installed using Samsungs original recovery. This means that neither a custom kernel nor root is required to install JKay Deluxe framework!
There are also kernels with CWM included but here we will use this CWM to install the JKay Deluxe framework.
How to install Deluxe framework using CWM
CWM can be found at http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
A copy of CWM zip can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?op3oj8810m0oudj
1) Put the CWM.zip on your external SD card
2) Power off your Phone
3) Hold down the 3 buttons: Volume-up, Home and Power
4) Release all 3 buttons button when logo is shown on the display and recovery menu will show
5) Press volume down to ‘apply update from external storage’
6) Press power button to select
7) Use volume down to find the CWM.zip
8) Press power button to select it
9) CWM will be installed and ClockworkMod Recovery menu will show
10) Press on the screen ‘ – install zip from sdcard’
11) Press on ‘choose zip from sdcard’ if Deluxe framework file is on internal sd
Or press ‘choose zip from internal sdcard’ if framework file is located on external sdcard
12) locate the Deluxe framework zip file and press it to install it
13) Take note that there are no errors while installing it!
14) Press ‘- go back’ and press ‘- reboot system now’
Q: I'm running PDA version XYZ, Can you make it for my phone?
A: I will make this for as many ROMs I can. Odexed and deodexed. Feel free to request roms! But I can't promise anything!
Q: Where is the Deluxe Settings Apk?
A: The Deluxe Settings Apk
can be found on GooglePlay
Q: My Theme is gone!
A: JKay Deluxe contains new icons for the Quick Settings panel and the Phone Options dialog therefore
these icons have been included into SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk. JKay Deluxe stock mod contains
stock Samsung icons (plus the new icons I have made in the same stock style).
Q: Why is the status only transparent on the lockscreen and why....
A: I selected these default settings because they are what I see as safe selections...
By that I mean the mod does not remove any features!! It only adds features and it still look good! Center clock does not look good if you have too many status bar icons! Transparent status bar does not always look good... it depends very much on the background! The home button quick fix removes the double click function!! And maybe someone needs that feature!! I have enabled fast double click though!! that's 350 ms instead of 500 ms The quick launch panel is setup in Deluxe Settings so I could not easily add that as default.. The Reboot function was removed from Phone dialog as is really not needed and its available from the quick settings panel. Then 100-100 battery icon was choosen instead of original battery and text because then themers can then change it to their own favorite battery..
1) Only the ICS Deluxe lock screen looks ok in landscape mode!
2) ICS Deluxe lock screen rotates even if 'Auto rotation' quick toggle is off (but enabled in lock screen options)
3) Trying to remove unremoveable Notifications causes SystemUI FC (clear button should be disabled or hidden)
4) GSM pin lock screen does not support screen rotation!
5) Wifi signal null when using certain power saving apps
1) Clock freeze on status bar
2) No alarm sound when alarm is triggered.
My thanks and some credits goes to:
Tungstwenty for the CRT fix!
Idan73 for all your help!
syps54 for the great icon packs!
aerobahn for the long press volume mod!
LeoMar75 great guy! Support him!
Oliwe for how to disable double-click!
Team obssessed crew for the scrollable layout in the quick panel!
SamFirmware.com for their samsung roms!
Supercurio cuz you are the best!
Chainfire for his CF kernels
untermench for the 'how to' guide ref. power menu