I'm proud to present CWM recovery for our beloved TF300T !
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about this recovery * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
HOW TO FLASH?
- Fastboot (Included in Android SDK, or Google for a recent version. SDK is the best way to go.)
- Unlocked bootloader (look on Asus Support Download)
- Download the right CWM version. If you are running official Jelly Bean ASUS rom, you need the Jelly Bean version. Otherwise, take the normal version.
- Unlock your bootloader with Asus Unlock app
- Connect your tablet to your computer
- Shutdown your tablet
- Hold Power + Vol Down until a message appears (it doesn't appear anymore on Jelly Bean bootloader) ("Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)") : DON'T PRESS VOL UP
- After 5 seconds, a new menu appears (if it's not already there). Press Vol Down once to change to the USB icon, then press Vol. Up to validate (you have to do this in less than 10 seconds, otherwise your tablet will boot Android OS)
- At this point, your computer should recognize Fastboot device (Windows will notify you here, OSX/Linux stays calm)
- Flash recovery image with fastboot: fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img (if we suppose recovery.img is in your current directory)
- Once the operation is done, type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot to reboot your tablet
You now have CWM installed. To access it, shutdown your tablet and press Power + Vol Down, then either press Vol Up before the 5s timeout or press Vol Up on the "RCK" icon. After a few seconds, you'll be in CWM interface.
Yes, you can use all CWM features without any restriction.
- Can it break something?
Even in case of error during fastboot, only your recovery partition will be broken. You can reflash it as many times as you want via fastboot, and even with a broken recovery partition you can still successfully boot your tablet.
- Does this bring root?
See second post.
- Does it work with any firmware?
- I wiped everything but didn't put a ROM on my sdcard, what to do?!
Calm down, you're not bricked, you're just a bit dumb. Go in "Install zip from sdcard" until you reach list files, so the sdcard is mounted. Then, open a command prompt, and do "adb push c:\path\to\the\rom.zip /sdcard/". Wait, and once done your rom.zip will appear in the files list when you go back and forth in files list.
If you want to support me, hit the Donate to me button up ahead under my nickname. It's greatly appreciated.