[MOD] Move to sd-ext | Simple app, private-app and Dalvik cache to SD solution
This is a simple and effective (moves most space hogging folders from internal memory to sd-ext) APP2SD solution.
It moves the following things from /data partition to ext partition on SD card:
/data/app => /sd-ext/app
/data/app-private => /sd-ext/app-private
/data/dalvik-cache => /sd-ext/dalvik-cache
and creates symlinks to new locations in place of original folders.
Solution consists of 2 via recovery flashable ZIPs:
This mod requires ext2/ext3/ext4 partition on SD card.
- sd-ext_patch-signed-vXX.zip - this updates/creates CyanogenMod 7/9 script that mounts SD card ext partition to /sd-ext so /sd-ext can be any ext version (by default it can be only ext3) and installs e2fsck. This must be re-flashed after each ROM update (unless you know that ROM will mount your /sd-ext out of the box).
- to_sd-ext_patch-signed-vXX.zip - actually moves folders to ext partition on SD card. This can be flashed only after first boot into ROM after wiping /data. It should be re-flashed only in conjunction with wiping /data and /sd-ext.
Always make full Nandroid backup before flashing this mod or updating ROM with mod installed!
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen as a result of using this mod.
To install mod on a working ROM:
After updating ROM:
- Flash sd-ext_patch-signed-vXX.zip via Recovery.
- Flash to_sd-ext_patch-signed-vXX.zip via Recovery.
Re-flash sd-ext_patch-signed-vXX.zip without booting into updated ROM
After wiping /data from Recovery:
- Delete moved folders from /sd-ext (in most cases you will want to do this by wiping /sd-ext from Recovery).
- Boot into your ROM.
- Re-flash to_sd-ext_patch-signed-vXX.zip via Recovery.
This mod is tested with CyanogenMod 7 (7.1 by mik_os and 7.2 official builds) and CyanogenMod 9 by hephappy and Amon RA recovery 3.0.6.