Setting APN to fix MMS issues Bluegrass Cellular Showcase i500

Search This thread
Not sure if this is the correct area to post, feel free to move it.

This is for Bluegrass Cellular Showcase i500. It may also work for other Bluegrass Androids with MMS not sending or receiving.

Once you have installed a custom rom and everything except MMS is working properly. Follow these steps.

1. Open App Drawer - launch voice dialer.

2. Say open A P Ns - should popup Open APNs - select it.

3. Once in APNs - you may or may not have an APN listed - press menu - restore defaults.

4. If you have an APN listed - select it - if not then press menu and add new.

5. You should now see edit access point.

Screenshot_2012-05-24-10-37-24.png

Screenshot_2012-05-24-10-37-30.png

Screenshot_2012-05-24-10-37-37.png

6. Set your settings just as mine are in the pictures above (or text below in case the pictures don't load)

7. Most important, if you want it to save and show up in the list of APNs - DO NOT CHANGE THE MCC OR MNC! IT SHOULD WORK WITH WHATEVER NUMBER IS ALREADY THERE. THIS IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE SAVING THEIR APN SETTINGS, BECAUSE THEY CHANGE THESE TWO SETTINGS.

Name
Bluegrass Cellular (this doesn't matter, can be named anything)

APN
internet

Proxy

Port

Username
%M@myblueworks.com

Password
blue

Server

MMSC
http;//mms.iot1.com/bluegrass/mms.php

MMS proxy

MMS port

MCC
DO NOT CHANGE THIS, LEAVE THE NUMBER THAT IS THERE

MNC

Authentication type
PAP or CHAP

APN
mms

APN protocol
IPv4

Bearer
Unspecified

Hope this helps someone who is having trouble sending/receiving multimedia messages. If you have any questions, I will do my best to help answer them.
[/B]

Reactions: alexander7567

xenithxzavier

Nov 22, 2010
Ky
Any idea how i could fix my data/3g? seems like every rom i flash i am unable to use any internet besides wifi....everything else works its just data thats a problem...thanks in advance

judjmentul

Aug 8, 2012
stock bluegrass firmware for sch-i500

Any idea how i could fix my data/3g? seems like every rom i flash i am unable to use any internet besides wifi....everything else works its just data thats a problem...thanks in advance

Was wondering the same thing xenithxzavier. Also a stock odin for the phone would be a great asset to me as well. Many thanks in advance

judjmentul

Aug 8, 2012
You can manually enter these settings. Go to the dialer and enter##83786633 then hit the home button, open the dialer again and clear what is there, then enter ##22745927, the SPC code is 000000 by default and then you can select to turn hidden menus on. Finally, go to the dialer again an enter ##3282#, and your in the manual data settings. I dont know any of this info, but if you do, please share:)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

xenithxzavier

Nov 22, 2010
Ky
You can manually enter these settings. Go to the dialer and enter##83786633 then hit the home button, open the dialer again and clear what is there, then enter ##22745927, the SPC code is 000000 by default and then you can select to turn hidden menus on. Finally, go to the dialer again an enter ##3282#, and your in the manual data settings. I dont know any of this info, but if you do, please share:)

Ive been trying to enter this menu for a while however havent been successful yet. For some reason i cant find a combination of numbers anywhere that will access the hidden menu. but even if i was successful no i dont have a stock rom or the correct settings....
i hate the small size of my phone company lol

judjmentul

Aug 8, 2012
Well you could flash a stock Odin then bite the bullet and take it in to get reflashed. I know i am going in the morning to do this, i will create a dump when i get done and get back to you on it.

Gangreener

Feb 24, 2012
I may have the fix for alot of you Bluegrass cellular customers. In my case when I went to mobile networks under settings, There was no APN setting option. I activated a Verizon 4G Galaxy Nexus to my Bluegrass account. I downloaded "offline SIM APN Database" from the Play store. His app lets you input the apn settings even though it doesn't show up in settings. I used all the settings as listed on this thread, but like in my case I had no place to input them. Once you dowload the app (it has to be the PRO), select USA and Verizon. FYI You MUST delete all other APN presets in order for it to work. The app creator is Robert Soult. He is THE MAN!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if this is the correct area to post, feel free to move it.

This is for Bluegrass Cellular Showcase i500. It may also work for other Bluegrass Androids with MMS not sending or receiving.

Once you have installed a custom rom and everything except MMS is working properly. Follow these steps.

1. Open App Drawer - launch voice dialer.

2. Say open A P Ns - should popup Open APNs - select it.

3. Once in APNs - you may or may not have an APN listed - press menu - restore defaults.

4. If you have an APN listed - select it - if not then press menu and add new.

5. You should now see edit access point.

Screenshot_2012-05-24-10-37-24.png

Screenshot_2012-05-24-10-37-30.png

Screenshot_2012-05-24-10-37-37.png

6. Set your settings just as mine are in the pictures above (or text below in case the pictures don't load)

7. Most important, if you want it to save and show up in the list of APNs - DO NOT CHANGE THE MCC OR MNC! IT SHOULD WORK WITH WHATEVER NUMBER IS ALREADY THERE. THIS IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE SAVING THEIR APN SETTINGS, BECAUSE THEY CHANGE THESE TWO SETTINGS.

Name
    Bluegrass Cellular (this doesn't matter, can be named anything)

APN
    internet

Proxy

Port

Username
    %M@myblueworks.com

Password
    blue

Server

MMSC
    http;//mms.iot1.com/bluegrass/mms.php

MMS proxy

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type
    PAP or CHAP

APN
    mms

APN protocol
    IPv4

Bearer
    Unspecified

Hope this helps someone who is having trouble sending/receiving multimedia messages. If you have any questions, I will do my best to help answer them.
    [/B]