Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Focus randomly turns off! HELP

Tip us?

Rgarrettpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Focus randomly turns off! HELP

I'll be using my Samsung Focus and all of a sudden, I'll see "slide down to power off" I slide up (of course) but the phone shuts off a few seconds later. When I try to turn it back on, the white SAMSUNG shows up for a few seconds then shuts back off then back on. It takes a few tries for me to actually get the phone on and working, but it always shuts down eventually. If anyone has experienced this problem and fixed it please let me know! I'm leaving for college very soon and need to get this fixed. Thanks!!!

EnderPsp
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgarrettpro View Post
I'll be using my Samsung Focus and all of a sudden, I'll see "slide down to power off" I slide up (of course) but the phone shuts off a few seconds later. When I try to turn it back on, the white SAMSUNG shows up for a few seconds then shuts back off then back on. It takes a few tries for me to actually get the phone on and working, but it always shuts down eventually. If anyone has experienced this problem and fixed it please let me know! I'm leaving for college very soon and need to get this fixed. Thanks!!!
We need more details about the phone:
HW Revision (1.3/1/4)
ROM: stock/custom
OS version

What you're describing is symptom of power button being continuously pressed. You might need to clean it or change it.
You're a beginner, you just got your Samsung Focus and don't know what to do? Read this post first.
Before asking questions, please read the Samsung Focus wiki and search the forums!
New to XDA? Be sure to read this and this and get a spoon of sense of humor and watch the introductory video

Rgarrettpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have the latest update on the phone and it is stock. How would I go about cleaning the power button or changing it?

EnderPsp
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgarrettpro View Post
I have the latest update on the phone and it is stock. How would I go about cleaning the power button or changing it?
I don't know of any specific video for repairing the power button, unfortunately.
However, here is a thread on repairing the screen, which gives you an idea how to open the phone. Keep in mind that if you do open it, you lose your warranty so if you want to keep it, don't open it.
Here and here are other 2 videos on opening the Focus, hope this helps.
You're a beginner, you just got your Samsung Focus and don't know what to do? Read this post first.
Before asking questions, please read the Samsung Focus wiki and search the forums!
New to XDA? Be sure to read this and this and get a spoon of sense of humor and watch the introductory video
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderPsp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rgarrettpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I will watch those videos and see if I can learn anything from it. I might just have to get a new phone Thanks for the help!

Niflheimr99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Blah

I have the same problem, and it seems related to the battery life going really low. im ordering a new Battery, tell me if anything improves with yours.

Niflheimr99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Id like to report that getting a new battery has completely resolved this problem, even at low charges.