[ROM] IScreamDX | v004 | 28-06-2012
Our fun continues, from Froyo, passed Gingerbread, and now to Ice Cream Sandwich...
Many of you may know, I have been away for quite a while. I've been quite busy with my personal life. My baby is now a little bigger
, and there's less stress for me. I suddenly found some free time during weekends.
So, here it is, the third ROM series, "IScreamDX"... I believe many of you have screamed "DX!!!" when first seeing this thread, it worths its name. And also the pronounciation is similar to Ice Cream Sandwich
Like previously with FroyoBread and GingerDX, our main goal is to have a fast
CM9 based ROM with some special features.
This series is developed, tested and released by TeamFun (doixanh
). Basically it's doixanh + Team GingerDX.
I have to take several lib/configuration files from MiniCM9
. Approved by nobodyAtall
. Thanks a lot, man.
These are basic screenshots at the beginning of IScreamDX development. They will be gradually updated.
- Clean and latest CM9 nightlies. Latest Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
- Minimal number of apps are installed.
- Themes supported.
- Smoothness, not as Froyo/GB for now, but we'll see...
- Optimized ("smoothened") scrolling/flinging in Preference Screens
- ...this list will be expanded
Note: If you have any bugs, try full-wipe.
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- Baseband 015
- Latest nAa-ics kernel
- Desire to get rid of Stock Eclair
| Mirror v004
| Mirror v002
2. Copy to sdcard
3. Reboot to CWM
4. Install custom zip
All versions will preserve your DATA partition.
You don't need to worry about your data. However, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
(but optional) to make a full wipe after flashing (step 4).
Project sources and licenses
NOTE: We are not responsible for system instabilities caused by themes
- Sources forked from Cyanogenmod are published under the terms of the Apache License 2.0
IScreamDX is not open source at the moment. We will publish source as we see suitable.
- "Soft-Modders" modifying pre-built ROMs, or using parts thereof, are exempt from the licensing terms. You are NOT allowed to modify the pre-built ROM, or any parts thereof, in any way, shape, or form without express permit.
If you want to join in development to help advancing the ROM or port it to other devices then please drop us a PM.
IScreamDX natively supports T-Mobile themes. You can find other themes in the list of available T-Mobile themes in XDA CM9/AOKP theme thread
Download the theme of your choice onto your phone, install it and use Settings/Theme
to select theme.
We are usually on IRC. If you feel like chatting with each other or hanging out with us at #IScreamDX
. We are also usually at #GingerDX
Very important. Read all before posting questions!
1. You can report bugs in this thread and suggest additions, but understand we're not obligated to fix or include them. We'll fix what is needed, and we'll include what makes sense.
2. We are NOT
responsible for any bugs caused by custom-made fixes/additions/tweaks. You use them at your own risk and responsibility!
3. Regarding the copyright branding at the bottom in Lockscreen: It will NOT
be removed. Don't PM/Post to ask for the removal or nag otherwise.
4. If you have battery drain, try the following:
- Clear battery stats in recovery.
- Freeze unused services (like Email, DSP Manager, Maps). This is important.
- Turn OFF 'Allow mock locations'.
- Don't set brightness too high.
- Don't install too many unused apps.
- Turn OFF WiFi, 2G, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth when not in use.
- Reboot after you listen to music. Music service caused battery drain (in the past).
Generally, we usually get 2-3 days out of a charge (give or take depending on usage).
5. If you still have battery drain after following Step 4, try:
- Full wipe in recovery, re-install IScreamDX.
- Use Stock ROM for several days to see if the battery problem is caused by IScreamDX or not.
- If it doesn't drain, try installing one of your apps, test battery for a day, install another one, and test.
- and so on...
That way you will know what's the cause of your battery drain.
Thanks go to the CyanogenMod Team, racht, nobodyAtall, paul-xxx, zdzihu, jerpelea and lots of others...
Thanks also go out to Google for their great little Android.
And don't let us forget to throw Sony Ericsson a thanks for their nice X8 hardware but craptastic software support.
We're not responsible if this ROM bricks your lovely phone. Use it at your own risk!
You like this ROM? Feel free to donate to our team members.
Development (What has been done in our development ROM)
- June 028 v004. More fixes... Big fixes..
- FileManager 1.2 -- I planned to integrated it into ISDX built but then I was lazy, so apk was taken.
- Fixed 3MP camera (camcorder SLOW because of no hw accel encoding)
- Fixed battery stats
- Fixed SIM not found when having SIM pin
- Fixed timezone info
- Removed "bootloader" in reboot menu
- ADB over TCP
- June 018 v003. Some fixes.
- Latest CM nightly 2012-06-16, some CM additions like weather/news widget on lockscreen...
- Screen off animation
- Low screen brightness
- Flickering nAa kernel logo and boot animation
- Some internal changes to framework
- June 03 v002. Some fixes and improvements.
- Latest CM nightly 2012-06-01
- Fixed root problem
- Scrolling/Flinging optimized. Should be a bit smoother.
- Apex launcher instead of Trebuchet
- Fixed team name on lockscreen
- The latest lightweight acWidget: Your calendar, by AChep. Thanks man!
- Force theme loading: You can even apply HDPI themes, like Sense 4! Be warned: applying HDPI themes may require more RAM for surfaces
- CM9 Apollo (music player app). Original Music app is still installed.
- May 25 v001. First release.
- Preference screen optimization
- A bit improved speed
- Moved some apks into addons package (DSP, Talk)