[TWEAK PACKAGE][MTD-Roms]|6/16/2012|Dalvik Optimizer (Formerly Odexer)
DON'T FLASH ON CM9 YET, OP WILL BE UPDATED WHEN YOU CAN
Dalvik Optimizer Beta 0.1
Note: This WILL work with Team Win Recovery Project 2.x(TWRP Touch Recovery) and ClockWorkMod (CWM)
This is for the Galaxy S 4G, or SGH-T959V, if you don't own this phone, don't use this.I am not responsible if you hard or soft brick (damage/make unusable) your phone in any way. I suggest that you know how to flash recovery zips like roms and such, and have a way to recover like a backup or have the original rom in case something doesn't work or interrupts your flash. I also am not responsible but I'll feel bad for you if you get a heart attack, seizure, or any medical illness because of this flash. e.g, If the phone is too fast for you. I don't care if you go crazy and spend all your time on this phone causing you to break up with your wife, husband, children, family, girlfriend, boyfriend, or fiance. I will laugh at you if you start to make out with your phone though .
What is this?
This is an optimizer that improves the performance of an MTD roms like CyanogenMod 7, or moKeeOS, or DianXinOS, or Shendu OS, or JoyOS, or MIUI, or any other Team Acid, Team Kick Ass or Team NoOb.LuLz MTD rom that may release in the future.
What does this do?
1. This Re-Odexes your system.
-An Odex file is basically a dalvik executable that the phone reads upon boot. Stock roms like those released from Google, or Samsung are Odexed (as far as I know). Custom roms are often De-odexed in order to make their roms customizeable from the developer's point of view. Note: This will not effect Theme-Chooser or any other built in theming app
2. It changes the Dalvik VM heap size to 128m.
-This is the maximum allowable memory for each Dalvik Virtual Machine heap. Basically, increasing the size prevents your phone from having to clear it so often which runs your battery(the default size is 42m I believe).
3. I don't know yet, this is just the beta, this may be the final release, but I'll probably add more.
1. Boot time is decreased
2. Scrolling is faster, less lag
3. Better battery life
4. Faster phone(quadrant scores may actually be lower
5. More /data space because dalvik doesn't have to use /data to copy the classes.dex files over for itself.
1. If you were to dump your system partition and edit apk files, you'd have to reodex them for certain modifications. This is a lengthy and tedious process usually, unless you use a program, which still takes >25 minutes unless you have a computer with a boat load of ram. (Those are usually pretty expensive
1. zman0900 from the epic4g forum- I ported his odexer
2. Team Acid - CM7
3. Team Kick Ass - Motivation for the whole community
4. Google - Android
5. Samsung - This phone
6. My dad - Buying me this phone.