5,596,066 Members 34,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 4 tethering question

Tip us?

wkearney99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I rooted my D4 and installed the 'Wifi Tether" app and it works great. Used it to connect an iPad2 and a win7 laptop. Using this lets you have more than one device connect through it. Using USB would only have that one computer connected.

raw33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy View Post
How do you actually do USB tethering? Do you select PC mode?
To use USB Tethering you obviously need a USB cable connected to your computer, then go to Tethering & Mobile Hotspot, and click on USB tethering.

Also note you also need to have WiFi disabled to use USB tethering. If WiFi is on the USB Tethering option will be disabled.

icebear8
Old
Thanks Meter 13
well not with a Droid 4 but with my Samsung stratosphere which is a 4G phone for verizon, i would use PDAnet and connect it by USB. i use about 15-25gigs a month and i have never had any problems. i don't torrent with my phone but i use it to download my PSN games that i buy from the store and also use it for online games like Swtor and WoW as my home internet is very very slow compared to my 4G speeds i get.

but also i do all my heavy tether use during late night (12AM-6AM) i never got throttled or anything before.

i used Fox Fi for my wireless tether app but lately i been having problems with it and it kicks me off 4G and i have to restart my phone but that is only for wireless tether